• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Logged in after watching part 1 of Round 3 from the Utah Open, first thing that came to mind was NEED MOAR JERM! Dude does kickass commentary, that low shot by Drew on was it #8, epic razzing :clap: .

Logged in after watching part 1 of Round 3 from the Utah Open, first thing that came to mind was NEED MOAR JERM! Dude does kickass commentary, that low shot by Drew on was it #8, epic razzing :clap: .

This.

Great videos and great commentary, including the Lizotte and Big Jerm contributions. :clap:

This.

Great videos and great commentary, including the Lizotte and Big Jerm contributions. :clap:

Thanks! Totally agree on Jerm and Simon! They're both so awesome. :) Will def have them on their schedules permitting!

FEO-2016-facebook-event.jpg

2016 FLYING EAGLE OPEN

presented by

BONFIRE BREWING & LATITUDE 64

ROUND 1 - PART 1

GYPSUM CREEK GOLF COURSE | GYPSUM, CO
featuring
Eagle McMahon, J.C. Kester, Josh Sappenfield and Joe Rovere

All footage courtesy of Central Coast Disc Golf

Filmed by Dre Sarinana (On Dres Production), Peter Mares and Brian Guice.

Commentary by Ian Anderson, Peter Mares and Steve Klehfoth (tournament director)

Please subscribe to the Central Coast Disc Golf YouTube Channel to see all size parts as they're released!​

I just had to stop in here and say, as some others already have, just how awesome Jerm is. I had a bad initial impression of him, watching him get really frustrated out there on the course, but after watching his commentary on your videos and finally watching the AMA, hearing him talk about how much he's worked on that, I was finally able to get over those initial impressions. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of him

FEO-2016-facebook-event.jpg

2016 FLYING EAGLE OPEN

presented by

BONFIRE BREWING & LATITUDE 64

ROUND 1 - PART 2

GYPSUM CREEK GOLF COURSE | GYPSUM, CO
featuring
Eagle McMahon, J.C. Kester, Josh Sappenfield and Joe Rovere

JOE ROVERE COURSE RECORD
1077 RATED ROUND

All footage courtesy of Central Coast Disc Golf

Filmed by Dre Sarinana (On Dres Production), Peter Mares and Brian Guice.

Commentary by Ian Anderson, Peter Mares and Steve Klehfoth (tournament director)

Please subscribe to the Central Coast Disc Golf YouTube Channel to see all parts as they're released!​

You guys do some great video coverage. I love it when you get player commentators.

The Utah Open and Flying Eagle Open have so many boring golf course shots and it is especially head scratching when you can see mountains and trees in the background of each video, unlike some place like Kansas where you can understand playing on a golf course with ropes and cart path OBs.

Despite that you guys add so much to the coverage that you make it fun and interesting to watch.

We're supposed to get 10" of snow this weekend followed by -15 F temps, so watching some disc golf played in warm weather sounds like a great idea. But even I can't get into another boring golf course tournament. Take away the beautiful mountains in the background, and what you are left with is another long, bad disc golf course. This one even makes my local park district course seem interesting. No knock on CCDG, but even they need more to work with than this.

I'm a big fan of your videos on YouTube. You always have great commentary and having guest commentators who are pros are always welcome. We just had our Charleston Classic tournament here in Charleston, SC and it would have been great if you would have filmed it. We had about 4 or 5 big name pro guys come this year too. Oh well maybe next year.

I'm a big fan of your videos on YouTube. You always have great commentary and having guest commentators who are pros are always welcome. We just had our Charleston Classic tournament here in Charleston, SC and it would have been great if you would have filmed it. We had about 4 or 5 big name pro guys come this year too. Oh well maybe next year.

Thanks!

We love to travel and film DG, if you guys can raise enough funds to get us out there we're down!

So... it's raining outside here in the ATL area (rain badly needed, so that's no complaint), it's cold, no DG to be played. And no college football on TV. What to do? Central Coast Disc Golf! I enjoyed the second round of the Flying Eagle Open in Colorado (I think I've driven by there and didn't notice the course), so thanks to CCDG and your great team for making a bad weather day a little better(!).

ian as always thanx for the vids. as to a point raised in one of the vids, to my knowlege, a "grenade" is thrown like a traditional back-hand with the disc upside down (usually on a spike hyser line), whlie a "scooby" is thrown more like a tommy hawkins (fore hand grip-ish), but more flat (up side down) and over ones head, more of a get out of jail shot. in these parts anywho.

Random question for Ian. How much footage and tournaments get shot and never get edited and uploaded?

So... it's raining outside here in the ATL area (rain badly needed, so that's no complaint), it's cold, no DG to be played. And no college football on TV. What to do? Central Coast Disc Golf! I enjoyed the second round of the Flying Eagle Open in Colorado (I think I've driven by there and didn't notice the course), so thanks to CCDG and your great team for making a bad weather day a little better(!).

:hfive:

egregious jump putt fault at 11:40

Until they change the rules, they'll happen all the time. I'd say close to 80% of jump putts are illegal. They either have both feet in the air when they release for a traditional one (like you saw), or in the step putt one their front foot comes down, or again both feet are in the air.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ian as always thanx for the vids. as to a point raised in one of the vids, to my knowlege, a "grenade" is thrown like a traditional back-hand with the disc upside down (usually on a spike hyser line), whlie a "scooby" is thrown more like a tommy hawkins (fore hand grip-ish), but more flat (up side down) and over ones head, more of a get out of jail shot. in these parts anywho.

Hmm, I've heard so many people give so many different definitions, I have no idea who's right anymore. Grenade seems pretty standard, but I've heard about 10 different definitions of scooby.

Random question for Ian. How much footage and tournaments get shot and never get edited and uploaded?

Some? I assume in this case you're referring to the North Upmqua Invitational? For that one Alex had a premie baby, and he takes up pretty much all his non-work time. Hopefully he'll get to it one day, or I can outsource it.

I'd rather have too much footage as opposed to not enough, so we can keep the vids coming when there's no tourneys (Like right now! :p) So I err on that side of things.

That said all the stuff that never comes out is stuff we filmed for free, and if we get paid to do something, that's gonna get worked on before the pro bono vids.

Stuff that I can remember we've filmed that I have no idea when will come out:

SW team Challenge last year, NIU, SW team challenge this year, Challenge at Goat Hill, SD Open 2014? lol, I'm sure there's more, and lots of rounds filmed at tourneys we did next days, where we only have time for 1 round a day. (BSF round 1's for example).

I/we've only got so many hours in the day, and we do they best job we can with the time we have. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If anyone really wants to see any of the stuff I just listed, I'd be more than happy to let you edit it for us :p