• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Eagle X

The infinite discs Exodus is the Eagle-L mold.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8F4CDA15-2713-4037-89C7-F9221B8EBFFE.jpg
    8F4CDA15-2713-4037-89C7-F9221B8EBFFE.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 153
Yes, my sarcasm gets me in loads of trouble... but explaining a joke is super fun!

It's not braggingly cool to throw the Exodus, but it is to throw the Innova Eagle-L.

I still dont get it, Im too old now I think.

I think he's trying to say that the Exodus doesn't have the same 'pedigree' that the Eagle name invokes. Therefore, it's cooler to say you throw an Eagle(L) than it is to say that you throw an Infinite Exodus.

That said, I think you could argue that throwing an Eagle L isn't as braggingly cool as throwing an Eagle X. L wings are for noodley-armed weaklings.

I think he's trying to say that the Exodus doesn't have the same 'pedigree' that the Eagle name invokes. Therefore, it's cooler to say you throw an Eagle(L) than it is to say that you throw an Infinite Exodus.

That said, I think you could argue that throwing an Eagle L isn't as braggingly cool as throwing an Eagle X. L wings are for noodley-armed weaklings.

Yeah, if someone is throwing a first run CE Eagle (which was the L mold, I believe), then that is cool. But, the dx and Champion Eagle L discs seem pretty ho hum.

This makes more sense. Im a big Eagle-l thrower and was pretty excited that infinite was going to be running it in different plastics under a different name. But I havent found a run of the exodus yet that I like. Name dont matter.

I liked what I threw in their 'star' type plastic (I-blend?).

I really wish that normal star Eagle X's were being produced. The innfuse Eagle I have is stego-like in stability. Champ if fine but I prefer the hand-feel of star (or pro).

I liked what I threw in their 'star' type plastic (I-blend?).

I really wish that normal star Eagle X's were being produced. The innfuse Eagle I have is stego-like in stability. Champ if fine but I prefer the hand-feel of star (or pro).

Yea, the star blend from infinite came out a bit too domey for my likings. And yea, Innova hasnt made a good eagle in a few years. Im glad that I have a stack of 11x and old 12x eagles but Im hopeful that infinite can give us some good eagle-l's and that barsby will eventually force innova to mold up some good eagles.

This makes more sense. Im a big Eagle-l thrower and was pretty excited that infinite was going to be running it in different plastics under a different name. But I havent found a run of the exodus yet that I like. Name dont matter.

^This.

It required more than just a 'like'. Half my discs aren't stamped anyway.

I suspect if that is the case then the disc mold Eagle L has changed, the Exodisus might be using the older L mold wings that have changed over time and then workers and Dave recently retooled the L mold wing for the Eagle.

I suspect if that is the case then the disc mold Eagle L has changed, the Exodisus might be using the older L mold wings that have changed over time and then workers and Dave recently retooled the L mold wing for the Eagle.

Wonder if Dave retooled for fun, or to manufacture some Eagle-L discs?

I only use DX for putting and midrange. i.e. I don't know.

Yep I have only used DX for midrange before. Also I do not use the Eagle, My Dad does and if he lost his Yellow Eagle X in DX, well he would have to look for the right mold if not but luckily they do. Not that he plays really anymore but still. Now he would just have to look for the low dome ones. His original was a High dome DX Eagle X from 2005 and the high dome was not great for him after a few years of play, the disc had this problem in fighting wind on the lateral up and down despite still being Eagle X OS, just was not that stable in steady flight. The Champion I think is an Eagle L? not sure but that disc is perfect last I remember him throwing the disc, like an OS low topped Champion Viking.

Wonder if Dave retooled for fun, or to manufacture some Eagle-L discs?

Orginally not sure that may have been a Disc Plastic thing to have the Eagle L same as DX Eagle X as DX wears in quicker, but this time from other testimony it sounds like the old Eagle L wing got messed up and they dumped the older L onto a company that works through Innova, only Infinate took the mold .

I just bought a champ eagle x last week to see what the fuss is about. I currently throw teebirds and firebirds with good success (firebird is my favorite fairway). I have a consistent 375power. Sometimes I'll go over 400 on a good throw on a warm day (not like this frozen Midwest weather). The eagle I purchased is 170g. Good god this thing is dumb overstable. Mayne it's the cold weather but I can get this thing to ride flat at all. My champ 167g firebird goes farther. I can throw my kids farther than the eagle. I even tried running it over a few times and throwing rollers on concrete with it. Damn thing falls out the sky. I knew it would be stable but this seems un-throwable. Am I not good enough to harness the eagle?

Most X's need some time to work in, I carry an X and L for that reason, straight to understable with the L, hyzer and alot of forehand with the X. I like the firebirds for forehand rollers. give that X some time it will get better

Yea, the star blend from infinite came out a bit too domey for my likings. And yea, Innova hasnt made a good eagle in a few years. Im glad that I have a stack of 11x and old 12x eagles but Im hopeful that infinite can give us some good eagle-l's and that barsby will eventually force innova to mold up some good eagles.

Seems more likely that Innova would want to accommodate Heimburg at this point.

Most X's need some time to work in, I carry an X and L for that reason, straight to understable with the L, hyzer and alot of forehand with the X. I like the firebirds for forehand rollers. give that X some time it will get better

My champ X is on its 4th year, and seemed to begin hitting its sweet spot for throwing last season. The plastic seems to have finally broken in more.

Latest posts