• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Mamba review

My Father max's out his 150 valks and heavy avenger ss around 300'
the mamba is givving him an extra 40' easy .. more on some shots ...

deff a very wonderfull disc for the peoople who seem to max out in the 250-300 range ..

Total Mamba devotee

I am in total love with this disc after throwing it for the last few weeks - it could literally kick like 3 discs out of my bag becuase I'm getting the same line(s) but futher and more accurately (and repeatably/consitently)

Thrown with deep hyzer: flips up to a table-top flat and rides a frozen rope the whole way until it hits the ground. Never had a disc that finishes so straight/forward as the Mamba, even my TL ends a smidge to the right when it's out of gas... (previously the job of my Roadrunner)

Thrown with a little hyzer: flips up to table-top flat and rides a frozen rope for 75% of the flight and then continues to roll over to the left (I'm a LHBH) ending in a very nice anhyzer shot - especially good for getting around obsticles that are 250'+ down the fairway and I need to finish to the left (previously the job of my Sidewinder)

Thrown flat with height: flip-city baby! Turns over and never comes home (previously the job of my Vulcan)

Thrown flat (maybe a couple degrees of anny): Miles and miles of rollin' smiles (previously the job of the Sidewinder or Roadrunner)

...and the GLIDE on this thing!!! At the moment (in the flight pattern) that my other drivers start to run out of gas and begin their fade, the Mamba gets a second wind and keeps on truckin' forward ...like, noticeably longer/extended glide to the point where I say "dang.. still going!" :)

I'm not a big arm, but this disc really helped me stretch it out. As previous posts mentioned - this disc took me from a 300-325' thrower to a 340-350' one. I've hit the fence behind the uprights at my local football field a number of times with a loud "CLANG" ...this thing still had mustard on it at 325/330 whereas other discs were in the grass by that time... :thmbup:

Love this disc! (168g.)

i have one, have only thrown it a few times but it definitely is easy to throw for a speed 11 disc....

picked up a few of these at BGAMs and they will let me throw them as a Skawmahawk right out of the box. Definitely going to be a great utility disc when i need a super quick turnover or flippy thumber/tomahawk disc.

I am interested and getting out and trying a grenade with this to see if it rolls at all.

I've had the mamba in my bag for quite some time now (only innova disc I carry besides a Firebird). The disc has been a revelation in my game, I love to call it the best hyzer flip turning disc I've ever tossed. I am tossing it about 20 feet further than any of my other discs (released with hyzer).

The only negative I can find with it is that it isn't a disc you should toss if its windy outside. tends to be uncontrollable and too understable.

I wouldnt say it has much s curve. Basically, the only time I've seen it have an s curve (slight) is when it's tossed on a hyzer line.

so at 300' throw flat it will still flip and not come back?

I can throw it flat and it will hold the line for about 275'-300' but I don't have a high speed arm. If you can throw Vulcans or Nukes you will flip this disc pretty easy.

I like it because it's the first 11 speed rated disc that players like me can throw and get more distance than normal. But last Sunday during my second round my arm was getting tired and I couldn't quite get enough juice on it so I had to drop back down to my Sidewinder.

Threw a Mamba on several holes at Tocobaga a few weeks ago. It was a worm burner for me---but a really straight, 1 ft.-off-the-ground worm burner. Went 240' at that height, dead-on towards the basket.

so at 300' throw flat it will still flip and not come back?

If you are a cranker absolutely, its not going to come back and its not a disc you would want to have in your bag. Like I said, I don't have the biggest arm and when I toss with a hyper release it flips up and turns over with very little comeback.

I love the Mamba...
I used it a ton at the Ams at BG last weekend (Particularly on Lover's Lane)

I don't have a big arm, so the Mamba doesn't flip as hard with my throws...
I have a natural hyzer releas which is perfect for the disc out of the box.

A good solid 75% throw will yield a lazer beam hyzer flip that will have a little fade at the end, and a harder throw for nice big turners.

It's really nice to have a disc in the bag that I can take a nice smooth controlled throw with, and still drive 280-300' with.

It doesn't really S out... if it's thrown high, it'll flatten out, but doesn't really fade back. I find that once it turns, it really doesn't recover... but for what I use it for... it doesn't need to.

Way too flippy for people who can throw 400ish, but I really like the disc because I saw one of my friends who just doesn't have the distance the rest of us do crush a drive to a distance I've never seen him hit.

#17 at Loriella is about 290' maybe a slight uphill throw and with my Sidewinder I end up about 40' short. If I get a perfect throw I can get withing the circle. Last Saturday I threw the Mamba and was about pin high and 20' left of the basket. One of my best throws on that hole.

Just got mine in the mail today and took one throw with it before the end of my lunch. Holy cow, this thing is easy to throw! I went light on the weight (157 g), but it just felt effortless. I can't wait to put some more time in with this thing!