• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Mamba review

150 g mamba. Pearly purple. Love, love, love. I haven't hit 300' on the graduated middle school field where I practice. I have parked that bomb-a on 3 different holes in the 250'-300' range this week!!! I overthrew #3 at Harlow Platts in Boulder a few times. Yes, it is a downhill shot, but it is soooooo sweet to crush one there.

I don' believe in "good" or "bad" discs, but this 'un is a good fit for me!

i have a max weight mamba, i cannot get it to consistanly fly, but when i let it go with the right amount of hyzer it flips ups turns right glides and ces back it the farthest disc i ahve thrown about 450' i am 6'7" 250 and i have a big arm. i can see this disc really being used once i get more consistant(only been playing 4-5 months)

Just picked up a 150 Champ Mamba in my journey to lightweight discs, and holy distance is it easy to throw. I think it's going to take a while for me to learn to shape any lines with, but on a calm day with open distance, this bad boy will be coming out for sure. Definitely curious to see when they start mass producing the Star version.

Just picked up a 150 Champ Mamba in my journey to lightweight discs, and holy distance is it easy to throw. I think it's going to take a while for me to learn to shape any lines with, but on a calm day with open distance, this bad boy will be coming out for sure. Definitely curious to see when they start mass producing the Star version.

My local shop said the stock stamp Star Mambas and Terns will be in next week. :hfive:

I don't understand why so many people only insist on throwing heavy discs. With clean form, the same effect can be achieved with lighter discs with less effort.

I threw a 156g Champ Mamba the other day that was not understable at all. I would say -1 turn at best.

Good job Innova. :rolleyes:

I have a buddy how throws his ~300 deadly accurate for all kinds of shots. It's his favorite disc and go-to driver.

Ive been throwing a pink 170 mamba since they first came out. If you throw it level it turns over nicely and holds the line. If you throw it with a higher anhyzer it will S-curve. For someone with a weaker arm, like myself, the Mamba has been a great addition to my bag. I do have to say it is harder to control for shorter shots, for the shorter shots I've been starting to use an Archangel again, it has a similar flight pattern but its a 8 speed driver.

I bought a pink 175g one for my buddy. He was throwing this beat archangel that was a dull, dark red and I was pretty tired of helping him search for that pos. ;) He threw the Mamba for quite a while and had better results with it.

He throws 300-350. I tried it after I bought it...it turned into a roller for me, even when thrown at around a 70 degree hyzer angle. It's avoid the flippiest disc I've ever thrown. And I regularly hyzer flip roadrunners, stingrays and leopards.

He stopped throwing the Mamba after I gave him a blizzard Boss I bought to try out. That was the second flippiest disc I've ever thrown. I think it was around 150g.

Anyways; the Mamba is certainly an easy to throw disc for people with less arm speed. It's always my recommendation for newer players. I wish I had one when I started. I bought a max weight champion Destroyer because the plastic looked good and the name was suggestive of huge distance. The only disc I could think of that would have been worse to start with would be an Ape.

For me the Champ Mamba is the most versatile disc in my bag. I use 150g and 175g weights. For distance, and tail winds, I use the lighter disc. For accuracy and headwinds I use the heavier disc. I can throw it 300ft effortlessly from a stand still. PERFECT for dog leg tree, tunnel, shots. If I need it to s around a few trees, throw it slightly higher on an anny and it flies a gorgeous s pattern. For s shots, I throw it no more than probably 60-80% power.

The key thing for me about this disc is the distance it travels without having to throw full strength. It's awesome to have a 300ft+ throw in the bag from a stand still. Long approaches with anny, around trees, etc, is where this disc excels.

For me the Champ Mamba is the most versatile disc in my bag. I use 150g and 175g weights. For distance, and tail winds, I use the lighter disc. For accuracy and headwinds I use the heavier disc. I can throw it 300ft effortlessly from a stand still. PERFECT for dog leg tree, tunnel, shots. If I need it to s around a few trees, throw it slightly higher on an anny and it flies a gorgeous s pattern. For s shots, I throw it no more than probably 60-80% power.

The key thing for me about this disc is the distance it travels without having to throw full strength. It's awesome to have a 300ft+ throw in the bag from a stand still. Long approaches with anny, around trees, etc, is where this disc excels.

I bought one a week ago exactly for the shot you describe. I was having trouble with looong dog leg right turning shots. A 150 Star Mamba gives me that shot easily.

Latest posts