• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte NC Courses

Dave242

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Check out these narrated fly-by video movies. They are over 100MB Windows Media Player movies, so make sure you are not on dialup. :eek:

Hornet's Nest - Original Layout: Movie (7:45 minutes)
Hornet's Nest - Charlotte's Web Layout (Gold level): Movie (8:45 minutes)

Course Web Page

Check out this narrated fly-by video movie. It is an 88MB Windows Media Player movie, so make sure you are not on dialup. :eek:

Renaissance - Original Layout: Movie (6:40 minutes)

Movie of the par 70 Gold layout is coming soon.

Course Web Page

Check out this narrated fly-by video movie. It is a 70MB Windows Media Player movie, so make sure you are not on dialup. :eek:

Sugaw Creek - Movie (5:30 minutes) Course Web Page

There is no doubt that Hornet's Nest is a great course. I just played in the Charlotte Open a month or so ago there and had a blast. Very challenging. The par 5 #12 is one of my favorite holes ever. The Charlotte Disc Golf Club website is absolutely awesome as well.

Hey Dave, after Renny and Hornet's Web, which Charlotte course do you think is best?

Best for what? I mean that seriously.

In my school marm grading scheme, this is what I got for the greater Charlotte area 18-holers:

Renaissance - Gold - 93
Renaissance - Original - 93
Kilborne - 92
Hornet's Nest - Original - 91
Brackett's Bluff - 91
Hornet's Nest - Web - 90
Park Road (IceBowl temp) - 90
Reedy Creek (original tees, long baskets) - 89
Sugaw Creek - 88
Stumpy Creek - 87
Davidson - 87
Rankin Lake Park - 86
Elon Park - short (long tees) - 85
Cameron Yards - 84
Dickerson - 76

Best for what? I mean that seriously.

In my school marm grading scheme, this is what I got for the greater Charlotte area 18-holers:

Renaissance - Gold - 93
Renaissance - Original - 93
Kilborne - 92
Hornet's Nest - Original - 91
Brackett's Bluff - 91
Hornet's Nest - Web - 90
Park Road (IceBowl temp) - 90
Reedy Creek (original tees, long baskets) - 89
Sugaw Creek - 88
Stumpy Creek - 87
Davidson - 87
Rankin Lake Park - 86
Elon Park - short (long tees) - 85
Cameron Yards - 84
Dickerson - 76

Best as in, "what courses should I be kicking myself in the rear for not playing b/c they're absolutely a blast" I thoroughly enjoyed Hornet's Nest more than Renny (original) cause Renny killed me, if that tells you anything. And I guess I can wipe Bracket's Bluff off that list *wipes tear from face*

Best as in, "what courses should I be kicking myself in the rear for not playing b/c they're absolutely a blast" I thoroughly enjoyed Hornet's Nest more than Renny (original) cause Renny killed me, if that tells you anything. And I guess I can wipe Bracket's Bluff off that list *wipes tear from face*

nevin park..its across the highway from hornets nest. brand new concrete pads and a challenge for anyone

Any chance these videos from the top of the thread are still lying around anywhere?

I played Kilborne today for the first time in probably 17-18 years and wanted to compare the old layout to what is there now. It's almost as if the course has been completely redesigned from the course I learned to play on.

Any chance these videos from the top of the thread are still lying around anywhere?

I played Kilborne today for the first time in probably 17-18 years and wanted to compare the old layout to what is there now. It's almost as if the course has been completely redesigned from the course I learned to play on.

They're on the individual course pages on this site.

Don't remember one for Kilborne, not that it doesn't exist. You could reach out to the source.

There was a video for Veterans Park. Now that's a blast from the past.