• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Choice of midrange disk for GF.

MrMange

Hello,

My girlfriend needs a new disc, and I'd like to check if there's any good advice.
She (like me) has played roughly 2 seasons, though not as excited and addicted to the sport as me.
She currently throws a DX Stingray 175g (She only brings two disc, Stingray and Aviar Classic also 175g).
But the Stingray is so beaten up that I'd like to get her a new one, that is not as understable and more allround.
I've tried to persuade her to try lighter disks, but she dislike the feel of a lighter disk. As I'm just extremely happy she wants to play I want to try and not debate too much and try to find a suitable choice of midrange (pref in a durable plastic) in the 170-175g range.

So what's your suggestion of a new Midrange?
Thank you in advance.

Have a brick and mortar shop around? If so, take her and let her fondle some up and let her pick what she thinks feels good.

I usually give the wife a somewhat new Fuse and it works for her slow arm speed.

EDIT - Goldline fuse, that is.

New Stingray, Fuse, Buzzz SS, Meteor, Claymore, Leopard, Theory, Axxis. Check out a flight guide like Marshall St's and try to find something not too far away on the flight spectrum from where that Stingray was.

Give her a Lat64 Opto Diamond. They come in light weights. My wife loves hers. A 150g Leopard is another good choice. If those are a little too fast a Lat64 Pearl is a possibility. They come in light weights, perfect for slower arm speeds.

The Tangent is very easy to keep straight - even at low speeds. I tried to start me nephew with a leopard and it was hyzering out early for him. I then gave him a Tangent - problem solved.

My wife changed from a stingray to a Westside Tursas 163
A light Lat64 pearl does well for her too.

She (like me) has played roughly 2 seasons, though not as excited and addicted to the sport as me.

This tells me she is only playing to spend time with you and she maintains just enough interest/enthusiasm to keep you from thinking that she's bored.

Don't get her a new disc. If she wants one she should buy it herself.

Get her flowers or jewelry (it doesn't have to be gold, plastic "costume" jewelry from target will still make a girl feel pretty). Trust an old married guy on this. Get her a gift that says "I'm thinking about you" not "I'm thinking about disc golf".

The Flying Squirrel from ABC is a really great mid for players around that level, and the ones in whatever their plastic is that's equivalent to innova's star is still pretty controllable for lower powered players even though it's a more premium plastic.

This tells me she is only playing to spend time with you and she maintains just enough interest/enthusiasm to keep you from thinking that she's bored.

Get her flowers or jewelry (it doesn't have to be gold, plastic "costume" jewelry from target will still make a girl feel pretty). Trust an old married guy on this. Get her a gift that says "I'm thinking about you" not "I'm thinking about disc golf".

This

that's a smart man right there. and probably happily married.

Latest posts