• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Choice of midrange disk for GF.

This tells me she is only playing to spend time with you and she maintains just enough interest/enthusiasm to keep you from thinking that she's bored.

Don't get her a new disc. If she wants one she should buy it herself.

Get her flowers or jewelry (it doesn't have to be gold, plastic "costume" jewelry from target will still make a girl feel pretty). Trust an old married guy on this. Get her a gift that says "I'm thinking about you" not "I'm thinking about disc golf".

Ya know, I'm pretty put off by this on a number of different levels. Primarily the idea that you know the inner workings of a total strangers relationship based on a few sentences.

A comet or mako3 would work nicely.

Star Stingray
:thmbup:
Since she likes her DX Stingray just get her a Star Stingray. She'll most likely like how the Star plastic feels in her hand more than DX. It'll be more durable than her DX Stingray & look "prettier". A Star Stingray will also give her a straighter flight than her beat up DX Stingray.

Allot of response, thank you all!
I definitely got some good advice.
I was my self thinking of a G* Mako3, but maybe it will act to "overstable" for her power level.

This tells me she is only playing to spend time with you and she maintains just enough interest/enthusiasm to keep you from thinking that she's bored.

Don't get her a new disc. If she wants one she should buy it herself.

Get her flowers or jewelry (it doesn't have to be gold, plastic "costume" jewelry from target will still make a girl feel pretty). Trust an old married guy on this. Get her a gift that says "I'm thinking about you" not "I'm thinking about disc golf".

Yes, I believe you are absolutely correct :) And that's the reason why I'm not bothering her with trying to "teach" her what to throw and how etc, as long as she thinks its fun enough to join me I'm a happy guy :) I just want to get her something that is not as beat up, and will hold longer.
She has actually asked this of me :)

Then have one of the guy on this site dye a disc for her. Pick her new disc, and put something she likes, or somehting meaningful on it so she will know you were thinking of more than disc golf.

Check out the dyers thread. Lots of talented people and cool stuff.

My wife has 2 Cros that she uses. Like a Roc but smaller diameter. While under stable is easier to throw, stable is more predictable, so she likes them more. If you definitely want under stable, I would go with a Theory. It is very controllable.

Allot of response, thank you all!
I definitely got some good advice.
I was my self thinking of a G* Mako3, but maybe it will act to "overstable" for her power level.

Yes, I believe you are absolutely correct :) And that's the reason why I'm not bothering her with trying to "teach" her what to throw and how etc, as long as she thinks its fun enough to join me I'm a happy guy :) I just want to get her something that is not as beat up, and will hold longer.
She has actually asked this of me :)

In that case, I change my recommendation to a Z Buzzz SS or a Meteor. Both are pretty forgiving and can be thrown with low power.

If she asked for it then cool. But I'm glad to see that you understand her perspective.

Esp comet is also a good disc.

Then have one of the guy on this site dye a disc for her. Pick her new disc, and put something she likes, or somehting meaningful on it so she will know you were thinking of more than disc golf.

Check out the dyers thread. Lots of talented people and cool stuff.

this is exactly what i did :thmbup:
my wife now has a few discs that i have had dyed for her.
i would recommend a Diamond
here is a pic of the first one i had done

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Latest posts