• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Christmas Gift Ideas for a Disc Golfer?

joshuajames

Double Eagle Member
So my mother-in-law is insistent on having a Christmas gift wish list from me (every year). She says, "no list, no gifts!" Now I know that's not totally true, but if I don't give her something to work with she will get me what she thinks I want.

My question to you is: Can you make a short list of items DG related that you would want to receive on Christmas morning?

I'm stuck at gift certificate to an online store...I need more ideas please! :confused:

4-5 items would be great. :popcorn:

Thanks for any input!

I always give specific discs to my family. And I am VERY specific. For example, one this year is "Innova Leopard, Champion Plastic, 155-160g, bright orange of pink." I tell them that if they are going to buy a disc, only get discs on this list.

A few other ideas:

Stool

Golden retriever

A small bag for those quick casual rounds

Camel pack for your bag (a water bladder that has a long flexible straw you can attach to your bag)

A jacket, hoodie, or other swag from your favourite company

Birdie beads

A glow golf setup

Great water proof shoes

If you give a list of discs - try to be specific as to the model AND weight. Every year we get people coming in saying I want to buy a disc for my son, brother, boyfriend, sister, cousin, etc. When they don't know a specific disc or weight it's difficult to help them. Knowing how subjective discs are, we try to help them as much as possible and also recommend a gift card so the recipient can pick his/her own disc out.

Accessory items are MUCH better to list!

UV LED flashlight for charging glow discs (charges glow 50X faster than normal lights) can be found on ebay for $10-20.

Or if you don't have glow discs you can get LED flight lights for a couple bucks on most disc golf sites. I love these. Use white lights for opaque plastic and red lights for transparent plastic. The white lights are a bit blinding on clear plastic.

Basket. The cloth ones can be cheap, easy to store and is still something to shoot at.

shoes.

LED UV light for glow

A bag.

If you have kids, babysitting while you go play a round.

DVD's

Those Small Axe minis that Disc Nation is selling look pretty sweet.

And they'd make great stocking stuffers.

No, I'm not affiliated with Disc Nation. :p

Season passes, if you have any pay to plays around.

A trip to Highbridge, or IDGC, or a tournament.

A week at Flyboy. Sigh.....

Would include vacation pay. Fuel there and back. Lodging. Extra discs to sacrifice to the water. Food.

Hey, we can dream, can't we?

The Dynamic Disc Mystery Box for 100 bucks. Little pricey, but I sure as heck would want it!

Gore-tex socks. You can get them at MEC here in canada I suspect REI carries them in the states. They are a little pricey but you can't put a price on dry feet during a wet tourney. Easily the best dg purchace I made all year.

Dry bags are handy to store your phone, combustibles or anything you need to keep dry and cheap.

Gift card at your favorite online retailer.

DD mystery box.

Fancy leds for night golf.

Those Small Axe minis that Disc Nation is selling look pretty sweet.

And they'd make great stocking stuffers.

No, I'm not affiliated with Disc Nation. :p

I got one from them, they snap TOGETHER rather than INTO one another, like Zing Minis. It doesnt fit in my mini pocket, but, I do have an OLD bag.

Great ideas so far!

Keep them coming...I'm going to make a "dream wish list" and a more "realistic wish list"

Skulboy Designs illustrations on water bottles, clip boards or a flask all sound like great ideas to me.

Skulboy Stuff.

7909453998_28a785f15f_o.jpg