• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Classic Roc....You throw it?

Throw a Classic Roc or Not

• Total voters
I throw a classic roc....have one ace with it (just a shorty though)...I have made multiple 60+ footers with it.....really like this disc....I recieved it as a gift, or otherwise would probly not be throwing it......

Classic Roc + XD comgo are nice. But i dont carry them anymore.

I now throw a champ roc + beat dx roc combo on anything outside 200' and a New Challenger + Beat challenger combo on anything inside 200'

So it pushed those high speed putter/ low speed mids out of my bag.

I now throw a champ roc + beat dx roc combo on anything outside 200' and a New Challenger + Beat challenger combo on anything inside 200'

So it pushed those high speed putter/ low speed mids out of my bag.

a roc is a low speed mid.

I've got a nice white champ one hangin up right now as part of my red green and white x-mas ornamentsl. It was the main mid-range when I was pickin up the game and I loved it, until the DX ones I had got worn and flippy. Then I moved on to the Roc and later found out the champion classic rocs were the ****. But OOP. Boo.

I throw the original Roc which is what the Classic Roc tries to imitate.
I didn't vote in the poll because this wasn't an option.

CR (DX) was my second disc purchase last year. Did not know the difference in the ROC's available @ the time. Just went off what a few guys recommended for a mid-range. And the CR was what Wally-World had for offerings. I like it for 75-125 foot upshots. It's a good roller for me (beginning to learn that one).

Last edited:

The Classic Roc is a re-created mold. He is saying the Classic Roc is a poor imitation of the actual original small-diameter Roc the same way I bitch about the re-created Ontario Rocs not being the same as the old Ontario Rocs.

You've got one of those that's still intact? Damn. I've got one from DTW with the old Roc stamp but it's got a crack. I loved that thing, would fly dead straight.

Older golfer or disc knowledge people question. My Pro is a Rancho, then my Champ, Star, and CE are all Ontario's. They are the same mold right? but made at different Factory's? Or is there a difference in the mold?

See below
The Classic Roc is a re-created mold. He is saying the Classic Roc is a poor imitation of the actual original small-diameter Roc the same way I bitch about the re-created Ontario Rocs not being the same as the old Ontario Rocs.
You are correct, sir.
You've got one of those that's still intact? Damn. I've got one from DTW with the old Roc stamp but it's got a crack. I loved that thing, would fly dead straight.

I still have a stack of those original Rocs, when this one breaks, the next one goes into the bag. These Rocs don't turn over for me, they do what I call a "slide over". They almost stay flat as they slide to the right. (RHBH) I love 'em. :thmbup:

i used to have an orange classic roc when i first started playing but once it hit a tree really hard and shattered

theres my contribution to this ~thread~ guyz

I still carry these. My XDs don't have any raised letters on the bottom of the face. They were made before Innova started putting that there. They were all made in San Marino, I believe, and have no patent number on them either.

Latest posts