• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clean your Disc.

I never clean a disc unless I wipe it with a towel to get mud off.

This. I'm pretty OCD about wiping my discs after every throw so they stay fairly clean.

If I find a disc that's nasty though I use Dawn and warm water with a really old, warn out scrubber.

Uhh, I wash mine about every third time I play. Dish soap and warm water, rinse. Vacuum out the bag.

I will take a file to the rough edges, a sanding sponge, nothing radical, just to smooth it. My beat up discs are still smooth.

I used to fill up the tub, never got in with the discs but I can relate. The tub wastes a lot of water, lord knows I do too much of that as it is so it's kitchen sink time then wash out the sink afterwards.

Dry clean towel.

I enjoy taking care of my discs, seems to help me when I am on the course. When I play a place with lots of ducks, I keep my hands out of my mouth, nose eyes etc washing my hands a lot.

Clean discs are good, I can grip them much better than gritty and the stamps last longer.

I keep acetone away from my discs at all costs except for wiping a stamp. I like my stamps.

My favorite disc is my only dye disc, man, dyes are tough! I do the same with it, soap and water.

If my discs are dirty on the course, I don't wipe them a lot, just keep them dry. I don't want the dirt grinding away at the stamp. No big deal. Wash them at home.

I washed mine tonight. kitchen sink, dish soap & hot water, rinse with hot water, dry with towel and air dry in the garage on towels. need to put some sharpie on my new discs tonight too.

This is what I use

water-cannon-will-be-used-on-rioters.jpg

Before a tourney I will take rubbing alcohol to the disc, gets the discs extremely clean leaves the stamps and dyes alone. If the discs are super gross I will just throw them in the sink and wash real quick. I don't do too often b/c my wife thinks its weird, and I like being married.

If there's enough mud on it to affect the flight or grip I'll wipe it with a towel, otherwise it stays dirty until I play in the rain.

Uhh, I wash mine about every third time I play. Dish soap and warm water, rinse. Vacuum out the bag.

I will take a file to the rough edges, a sanding sponge, nothing radical, just to smooth it. My beat up discs are still smooth.

I used to fill up the tub, never got in with the discs but I can relate. The tub wastes a lot of water, lord knows I do too much of that as it is so it's kitchen sink time then wash out the sink afterwards.

Dry clean towel.

I enjoy taking care of my discs, seems to help me when I am on the course. When I play a place with lots of ducks, I keep my hands out of my mouth, nose eyes etc washing my hands a lot.

Clean discs are good, I can grip them much better than gritty and the stamps last longer.

I keep acetone away from my discs at all costs except for wiping a stamp. I like my stamps.

My favorite disc is my only dye disc, man, dyes are tough! I do the same with it, soap and water.

If my discs are dirty on the course, I don't wipe them a lot, just keep them dry. I don't want the dirt grinding away at the stamp. No big deal. Wash them at home.

This. Exactly. +10 interwebz.

JUST hot water and a towel. No need for soap, the disc will get dirty again. However, hot water and a towel removes all of the noticeable (in you're hand/grip, not visually) junk that you don't want there - yet won't cost you over time.*

**I know you pay a water bill, but with every suggestion so far it's been water + _____.

I thoroughly wash mine about every dozen rounds, or so. Or, if I've played a particularly muddy day, I'll wash them immediately following said round.

I usually just first rinse them with the hose on a power-spray mode, then fill my tub up about 6" with hot water and let them soak for about 30 min. After soaking, I just use a scrub brush with a dab of "Dr. Bronners Magic Soap,"
OLPE32EA.jpg
on it, and scrub away at the underside and all of the grip locations around the rim/on top. I generally leave the stamp sections to just a good wiping with a dish cloth.

If there's still some lack of tackiness to the disc, I'll get rubbing alcohol combined with a Magic Eraser and just a few sweeps of that seems to get the remaining residue wiped off the disc. I love throwing discs that feel showroom tacky again, but with the added bonus of being beat in. :clap:

Ah, and for those muddy days (or adversely, those insanely dry days) I found the best towel in existence. It's called the Frogger Amphibian Golf Towel. Made for ball golf, which I use it for, but even more magic for disc. It's expensive, but you can normally find good deals for it on fleabay. It's amazing...http://www.amphibiantowel.com/

Last edited:
I'm pretty OCD about wiping each disc with a microfiber towel after every throw. Keeps excessive dirt out of the bag. Otherwise I might spray it with some cleanser if there's stubborn dirt on it. No need to do much else to them since they'll get dirty again. If they stay too clean it means it's on I'm not throwing and should pull it out of the bag.

Do you guys ever use any solutions to clean up discs from oils and gunk that builds over time from dirty hands?

I was thinking of Windexing them.

That only happens to my putter. I typically lick it and then rub it clean with a towel.

I pee on mine.

You hear that disc finders? I PEE on them! muahahaa

Sterilization prior to shipping market trade deals cost extra.

I am kidding of course.

every once in a while i will brillow pad them, doesn't scratch the surface any and removes any trace of dirt. on the course i always have a few towels to wipe off dirt/water/mud/scuffs

Never felt the need to do more than a wet towel followed by a dry one. Just good old soap and water. I learned a long time ago cleaning guns... don't use more than needed and don't use products intended for one thing on another. You never know the outcome.

If there's enough mud on it to affect the flight or grip I'll wipe it with a towel, otherwise it stays dirty until I play in the rain.
That's pretty close to what I do. When I do get to play, it's in the mornings so there's usually some dew on the grass. I wait until the disc lands in the grass and then wipe off the water and any dirt that may come with it.