• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clean your Disc.

Osmo

*I whine a lot*
Do you guys ever use any solutions to clean up discs from oils and gunk that builds over time from dirty hands?

I was thinking of Windexing them.

Last edited:
just soap, water and a wash cloth here

I like to use... Water :D. Maybe some dish soap or something but that might leave a residue.

images

I maintain my discs with an almost religious dedication. They all get washed with hot dish soap and water. Most of them also get an acetone wiping too. Then, most of them get waxed with a fine automotive UV protecting wax.

I tried using tire shine too, and while it does make the discs(especially GL) look prettier, it makes them way too slippery.

^ I've seen that avatar before Osmo.....bbutch used to use it :hfive:

Also, I use baby wipes to clean my discs, works great. Once my daughter gets past diapers, I still may yet buy small packs for just this purpose.

Maybe I will just fill my bath tub up and dump 30 discs in and jump in with them.
That's what I do I feel it helps me bond with them on a different level:)
Just knowing there are people like this is the reason I'm hesitant to pick up found discs. :p
I just can't help wondering where those discs have been, and the horror stories they'd tell if only they could speak! :eek:

Soap and warm water once in a while. No bonding, bathing, or other inappropriate behavior.

Last edited:
I never clean a disc unless I wipe it with a towel to get mud off.
Used to. In my experience, a cleaned disc is more overstable than a grody, dirty one.
With my Nancy Drew armspeed, I need the discs as dirty as possible.