• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cleaning your discs

Do you clean your discs?

• All out bath

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Wipe down (wet)

Votes: 41 27.9%
  • Dust off (dry)

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • No need to clean

Votes: 40 27.2%

• Total voters
Depends. If the course was muddy or the discs got really dirty otherwise, I'll take them into the shower and wash them all down. If I'm practicing or playing on a field or corse where the geese have littered things, I'll wash the discs afterward. Otherwise, I let them sit in the bag until the next round.

I can't stand fresh new discs, so I never wash mine. I'll wipe them, if they're wet or muddy and that's about it.

Full bubble bath in the sink, with disc soap, a splash of bleach, and their own scrubbie sponge, after every time I use them, in the field, yard, or course.

Not that clean discs matter to me or anything.

just as ridiculous of an answer as last time. Bleach, really? So, if you wash them after every round, do they get cleaned once a year?

Water alone does a great job. If it looks like the disc was retrieved from ground zero. it might get a bit of soap at home.

I know a fella who showers with his discs.

Wonder when he'll chime in.

I wash 'em good with dish soap after every round.

I play in mostly public parks, and you never know what is actual mud, and what may have been filtered through a four (or two) legged creature.

I wash new discs in dawn and hottish water. I will periodically wash all of them the same way, if muddy. Also, sometimes during the winter if I haven't played in a while...

Wipe down after every day of DG with a damp paper towel. If there's tree sap or something, I'll hit it with some Goof Off 2 <water based product from Goo Gone. doesn't kill plastic, but will eat a stamp>

I throw em in water hazards, oh wait...

I can't stand fresh new discs, so I never wash mine. I'll wipe them, if they're wet or muddy and that's about it.

I can't stand the feel of new discs, but I love the feeling of freshly washed discs, seems to bring back some of the tackiness.

This thread shamed me into cleaning my practice basket Wizards last night. I forgot they were pink and blue, and not black smeary nastiness.

Maybe once every 10 rounds or so I'll use a magic eraser and some water.

I keep a shop rag in my bag at all times and usually carry it in my off hand when the course is dewy or muddy and give the disc a quick wipe before it goes back in the bag. Other than that I have not done any special cleaning as of yet.

Latest posts