• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Co-workers play?

DiscChainBasket18

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I've found it pretty easy to get some of my co-workers to try disc golf. At break time at work, I'll be out back practicing my putting with my portable basket. Invariably, a co-worker will walk by & ask me what I'm doing. Then they want to try a throw or two at the basket. Most miss horribly & mumble something about it being too hard. I've found the women enjoy it more & are a bit more enthusiastic. I want to nurture this curiosity so often I'll give them a couple of discs to take home & try out. I've given so many discs out that I forget who I gave what. One guy who I had worked with who later left the company sent me an email today. He says he bought an Innova starter kit & has been throwing a lot down at the local course. Awesome! Tell a friend or co-worker!

I recently got a coworker quite into disc golf... Some people just get addicted to it rather easily, myself included!

I was introduced to DG by my boss, gordonbombay. He also showed me this site. My initial thoughts were, "well this can't be that hard. I'm fairly athletic and I've thrown a frisbee around tons in the past so no sweat..." That didn't last too long.

It's nice having a co-worker who's into dg. If work is slow, we'll go out front and throw into the field across from the parking lot.

I've gotten half a dozen people from my work out to the course on Sunday - one's stuck with it now for half a year. She's hooked - got her own bag, towel, mini, played a tourney or two, and part of the Gang.

picture.php

Not a member here yet but I keep trying ...

I have a co-worker that I have taken out and introduced the sport to.... He liked it. He wants to play some more... The rest of my bloody co-workers just ...dont ....."get it"....

I wish I could get some of my co-workers interested but most of my crew are over 40 (many in fact are over 50), and out of shape, and the fact that we're graveyard shifters makes things even more difficult.

I do play occasionally with one co-workers older brother, who's been at it longer than I have.

I was actually introduced to the sport last year by a couple of my co-workers. My initial reaction was something like "Frisbee golf? WTF??" It quickly became an addiction for me and I've since got three of my friends into it.

Here in the Coast Guard in St. Pete one of the guys in our shop got us all hooked, and we've gotten our Electronics Detachment involved too. We've even gotten some members throught the enlisted association playing.

I've gotten a few of my coworkers out to play with me, including a 50 year old woman (who was actually pretty dang good for a beginner). My manager played with me in a doubles tourney too. It's a little harder since our in-town course is Richmond Hill, which is fairly brutal for beginners (and pros alike). Black Mountain is only about 20 minutes from work though, and much more suited for people's first time playing. Recently a few other co-workers have started asking me about it, so maybe we'll have a team before long.

I have got 5 of my co-workers into the sport. I have had more out on the course at times, but 5 of them have actually stuck with it and have bought their own discs and bags. The only problem now is when a local tournament comes up there are too many of us that all want to get the day off lol!

I should catch a job as a topless bar's DJ... Then I could get the most distracting work team.

And everytime they tee off...

"NEXT on the card.... CaaaaaAA-ndy!"

Co-workers actually got me to try playing. At first I thought that the whole idea of throwing frisbees at some targets in the woods sounded asinine. But there was a course at a park only 5 minutes from work, and they kept talking about how much fun it was, so I got an Innova starter kit. My wife and I threw those 3 discs in a field, not wanting to tackle the "live" course just yet. Eventually I went and played Chestnut Ridge on a weekday morning, was utterly hooked, and now my co-workers think I'm slightly nuts for playing league 3 days a week.

My coworker got me into disc golf. I had played around with Frisbees for my entire life and he thought I might like DG. He was right. Since then, we've had "work meetings" from the course. Occasionally, we've had to pause our game and have conference calls from the tee box or the fairway. DG + working virtually = best combo ever

teach me, teach me!

I've gotten half a dozen people from my work out to the course on Sunday - one's stuck with it now for half a year. She's hooked - got her own bag, towel, mini, played a tourney or two, and part of the Gang.

picture.php

Not a member here yet but I keep trying ...
Hmmm, I want to work at your work now ;)