• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Comet-Innova equal...?

richardmmill

Birdie Member
So I hear how people talk about how well the comet to bring to light any problems you have. Are there any discs that are similar made by Innova, or any other brands. I don't know discraft very well at all but I know Innova inside and out but I just don't know the comparisons that well. Just curious thanks.

i know discraft very well, it is all i throw, idk the equivalent cuz i dont throw innova, but discraft is a great brand i would look into more of their discs :)

The Comet is one of those discs that is truly unique- noone else has anything that really competes.
Yeah the ORoc is closest but it still isn't a Comet.
Teebirds and Rocs fall into the same category.
Before anyone says Roc=Wasp, I've spent a bunch of field time/game time comparing the two and I wanted to like the Wasp more. It just isn't a Roc... in any plastic.

Short answer: if you want a Comet, buy a Comet.

According to Joe and his Flight Chart. The Coyote is the closest thing to it.

The Coyote is 1-3 speed rating points faster than the Comet. There are putters as fast or faster than the Comet (but none with the glide).

Now, how about an Aero?

with that said, A Comet is a Comet is a Comet, no comparison. imo.

I have to agree that a Comet is pretty unique. Maybe a Gremlin or a Moray are somewhat similar but they're OOP. Aero is way slower than a Comet, I love'em though.

The Gremlin is not OOP (Discmania), nor is it anything like a Comet.

Best equivalent is an Ontario Roc, IMHO.
Coyote is too understable.
Aero is too floaty-glidey, but close in stability.
Mako is more stable and has less glide.

if you are just looking for a disc to point out your form flaws, i suggest a superclass disc. over the winter i played a few rounds with just a zephyr. i learned a lot about my game. it was very humbling...but useful.

The Gremlin is not OOP (Discmania), nor is it anything like a Comet.

I really wouldn't know for sure. I was reading here how a Gremlin was a good straight, semi-anyhyzer disc so I dusted an old one off to use on a really tight hole at my local course (#6 at Seneca) that would really benefit from such a disc (if one could throw it right), I just can't get by this one %$#&*^ tree in the middle.:D

I really wouldn't know for sure. I was reading here how a Gremlin was a good straight, semi-anyhyzer disc so I dusted an old one off to use on a really tight hole at my local course (#6 at Seneca) that would really benefit from such a disc (if one could throw it right), I just can't get by this one %$#&*^ tree in the middle.:D

LOL...I know that tree well too!