• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I actually don't mind the feel at all. I only throw BH so that's probably why. It's definitely staying in the bag, I just have to not torque on it so much. It does things I've never done before, with ease. Like I said, I can't believe I waited this long. I'm hooked.

Awesome man, my name's Mike and the Comet worked for me! Thanks DGCR!

I actually started using a "birdie" grip just for the Comet to keep a more controlled angle, now it's everywhere, I have to stop myself when I grab a driver haha.. Except the Relay.. I can birdie that sucker and pretend it's a mid... anyhow...

Welcome fellow Cometeer! .......
....BA da .dada da dah! and away I go on a frozen rope!

I used to only use a fan grip on drivers and putters for many years. Late last summer and fall, I dedicated myself to throwing everything with a power grip. Took a bit to get used to, especially with comets and putters, but now they are flying even truer to holding their lines and I can throw them in a wider variety of conditions.

No matter the grip you use, once you can throw them smoothly they are pretty much the perfect golf disc.

I used to only use a fan grip on drivers and putters for many years. Late last summer and fall, I dedicated myself to throwing everything with a power grip. Took a bit to get used to, especially with comets and putters, but now they are flying even truer to holding their lines and I can throw them in a wider variety of conditions.

No matter the grip you use, once you can throw them smoothly they are pretty much the perfect golf disc.
I fan gripped putters and drivers for literally decades. I switched to all power grips a few years ago; the power grip doesn't aggravate the arthritis in my thumb as much as the fan grip was. My perception was that I gained quite a bit of control with the power grip, but it's not a fair comparison. I had lost quite a bit of control as I struggled with getting a comfortable fan grip, so the control I gained with the power grip might just have gotten me back to where I was with the fan grip.

A few summers ago I watched a video with Drew who showed how he used a 3 finger power grip. I've been using that on my putters and mids, and it works great for me with the Comet.

I took the Comet out for it's first round yesterday morning...very pleased to say the least.

Sorry about your buddy, half of me says throw that thing with pride and always think of him. Other half of course says hang that up and preserve it. No right answer:\

I added one of the '19 Sparkle Zs to my bag yesterday with much success. Domey, stiff, quite stable, paired well with a fairly flat stock ESP and domey understable X. I tried to throw it as much as possible for any shot that didn't require a driver or a putt. Very workable and had surprisingly better glide than I remembered (tested my two when I first got them, Been in the closet since) which was nice. Even held up to open field windy shots well. First time ever Playing the Preserve at AGA Farms (Perkasie, PA) and it was a blast aside from the open 1100' par 5. Boring hole with a giant fairway and zero trees.

Don't recall hearing much about these, anybody else bagging one? I was throwing the pink:

sRLte0Oh.jpg

I'm bagging a blue one of these. I found it is now filling my stable slot (used to be a new buzzz or beat wasp). The weird part is I have a super beat buzz that I used for power turnovers, but other that that, the sparkle does everything the buzz normally would do. For me, RHBH 177g, it is not a traditional comet. Doesn't hold the same comet lines that my regular Z does, but it is way more forgiving. I pull this comet out to RUN ace, and regular comets to try for birds.

I'm bagging a blue one of these. I found it is now filling my stable slot (used to be a new buzzz or beat wasp). The weird part is I have a super beat buzz that I used for power turnovers, but other that that, the sparkle does everything the buzz normally would do. For me, RHBH 177g, it is not a traditional comet. Doesn't hold the same comet lines that my regular Z does, but it is way more forgiving. I pull this comet out to RUN ace, and regular comets to try for birds.

Where doI find these?!?!

Where doI find these?!?!
It's how it rolls, man. Those were 2019 Ledgestone discs. They are pretty beefy and when they came out people said they were too beefy and didn't fly like Comets; they were officially declared duds and people stopped talking about them.

Now the 2020 MJ's are supposed to be the beefiest Comets to ever Comet and people are going to love them and rave about them. It's how it goes.

So if you like the description of the Z Sparkles, I'd suggest getting a 2020 MJ. That will be easier and cheaper, and they sound like they are in the same ballpark.

2020 MJ Comets are definitely the most stable Comet I've thrown. Will still turn in a headwind though

My new MJ ones are pretty much standard Z comets. Nothing happening that distinguishes them from my other Z's that isn't down to the characteristics of an individual specific disc.

Sounds like I'll pass on grabbing more than 1. I just like to at least get 1 to throw a little support to MJ
I'm getting to where I have a lot of MJ Comets and only have one in the bag, so at this point I'm jut getting one. I never threw the 2019 MJ, it's just down in the stash. The 2020 one will go down there with it. Maybe I'll throw them someday, but I'm not in a big rush to try them out.

This is random and chaotic:

picture.php

My daughter snagged me one off of Infinite. Is there a story behind these? Or is this just chaos for the sake of chaos?

Either way I'm throwing it this weekend.

I call it the Whale Spacesploitation Stamp.

Infinite has put these up for sale under the category of "Tour ESP" Comets, which I think is an inaccurate designation, unless they are thinking of NASA touring Seaworld.

Infinite has put these up for sale under the category of "Tour ESP" Comets, which I think is an inaccurate designation, unless they are thinking of NASA touring Seaworld.

Maybe a subtle jab at the concept of the moon shot videos being actually filmed in an underwater "sound stage"? Hmmm

It's how it rolls, man. Those were 2019 Ledgestone discs. They are pretty beefy and when they came out people said they were too beefy and didn't fly like Comets; they were officially declared duds and people stopped talking about them.

Now the 2020 MJ's are supposed to be the beefiest Comets to ever Comet and people are going to love them and rave about them. It's how it goes.

So if you like the description of the Z Sparkles, I'd suggest getting a 2020 MJ. That will be easier and cheaper, and they sound like they are in the same ballpark.

Still waiting on my local distributor to stock the MJ 2020 series Comets... Sigh.

Those are from the 2019 MJ tour series run.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk