• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I love my ESP Comet but am thinking on getting another....or two. If this is like the rest of the discs I have thrown, the Glow should be more understable and Ti will be more stable. Am I correct on this?

It's the single best golf disc ever made. Try throwing hyzers with it, they make beautiful hyzers.

I don't know if it's the best ever, the Envy would be tough to beat, but it is amazing.
I will say it has the most amazing flight of any disc ever. Watching a Comet glide is a thing of beauty.

I bought an X Comet a year or so ago to help me work on form. Never really played with it even though it helped me sort some stuff out. Tried out a bunch of other discs that didn't make it to the bag.

Recently got a high PLH big Z with as big of a dome I could find (domes and beads used to be my nemesis) and a fresh X to replace my beat to hell one. Not liked a disc this much in a long time. Love throwing it up high and watch it slowly glide down.

Looking like this might be a winter dominated by wizards and comets for me.

I don't know if it's the best ever, the Envy would be tough to beat, but it is amazing.
I will say it has the most amazing flight of any disc ever. Watching a Comet glide is a thing of beauty.

I've thrown an Envy and no. It was the MVP mold I was least disappointed in but the Comet's flight, neutrality etc plus the fact that it has been a staple in high level disc golfers bags for decades. I really believe it is the purest, best all around "golfing" disc. All skills can use it.

I love my ESP Comet but am thinking on getting another....or two. If this is like the rest of the discs I have thrown, the Glow should be more understable and Ti will be more stable. Am I correct on this?

ESP is your "middle of the road" kind of Comet. Ti will be slightly more stable (generally). For me, Glo Z is more stable than ESP (both being fresh). So either one would be more stable than your ESP.

Last edited:
Comet <333 I have an awesome pink/rainbow stamp Z Comet. It is perfectly neutral. You think its worth it for me to check out an X or Esp comet?

Comet <333 I have an awesome pink/rainbow stamp Z Comet. It is perfectly neutral. You think its worth it for me to check out an X or Esp comet?

x comet for sure. the z comet will take forever to break in to understable. I've had one in the bag for at least 6 years and it's still not understable yet. Having a beat x comet in the bag is a great compliment to a z.

As long as you like the feel of the X Plastic then I would go for it.

I bag an ESP and have already been told it is the middle of the road Comet. Would someone list the stability of the current plastics on the market, including Ti and glow?
Thanks

I bag an ESP and have already been told it is the middle of the road Comet. Would someone list the stability of the current plastics on the market, including Ti and glow?
Thanks

This is only a close proximity, since I have not thrown a Ti, so please add to this

Most stable->Least Stable
Glow Comet
Big Z Comet
Z Comet (Very Dependent on weight)
Ti Comet (my guess on this)
LE ESP Comet
ESP
X Comet

Any other input would be helpful.

This is only a close proximity, since I have not thrown a Ti, so please add to this

Most stable->Least Stable
Glow Comet
Big Z Comet
Z Comet (Very Dependent on weight)
Ti Comet (my guess on this)
LE ESP Comet
ESP
X Comet

Any other input would be helpful.

I have thrown all of the above and I agree with this for the most part.

The third run of LE ESP is every bit as beefy as any Z I've thrown. They just don't stay that beefy as long. Can't comment on the other two runs though.

My Big Z is the most overstable Comet i have EVER thrown.. I have heard from others that they are on the understable side but this one is the opposite lol .. Yellowish and very FLAT ..

The Glow might not be the most OS, but for whatever reason I didn't feel like it glided as well as normal Z.

I threw the comet foe the first time in a tournement today. Only threw it once, and it was an epic dead straight tunnel shot, about 330-350. I've never thrown a disc that straight for that long. It was just DEAD. FCKING. STRAIGHT. Oh comet, where have you been all my life?!?!?

I threw the comet foe the first time in a tournement today. Only threw it once, and it was an epic dead straight tunnel shot, about 330-350. I've never thrown a disc that straight for that long. It was just DEAD. FCKING. STRAIGHT. Oh comet, where have you been all my life?!?!?

welcome to the club my friend :hfive:

I used to love comets, went through a couple Zs, then I fell for the meteor...until recently because I've got comet fever again! I searched out a 176g ESP at a club get together and it's still fresh but it's already doing it's job pretty well and I know it's only going to get better for a long time!

Also traded for a lightly worn 172 ESP! I'm so lucky, I wanted an understable ESP for the grip and quicker wear! The 176 is stable so I'm working in to back up my go to. The worn 172 is goldilocks understable and takes care of all of my right turning rhbh duties in the woods right now along with a bit of help from my worn mantis and sometimes other discs. I like it better than the meteor at the moment because it's much slower, which makes it more intuitive for me to aim and easier to control. Love the nice slow glide through the trees, it's beautiful but above all it works well!

Rainbow Saturn Z Comet

2015-09-23%2014.45.59.jpg

Soooo... I found this old guy in the used bin at PIAS.

Thoughts? Value? It's an easy 8.5-9/10. Looks like it may have been thrown twice in a field. No scratches, dings, or scrapes on the stamp. Not necessarily looking to sell, but I'm not up on my old DC values so thought I'd ask the experts here! :D

Think I sold my blue for 25? But mine was tp plastic. Can't quite remember, and also that wasn't at auction. It was in my for sale thread here so I'm not sure if that's a usual going rate.

Latest posts