• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
Dang...picked the right day to pop back in here! Glow comets coming my way too! :D

Now I don't have to worry about losing my first run ones! :cry:

Prepare yourselves...I might be unloading a bunch of comets in the next week or so. I've gone pretty much a full season without throwing them and I don't miss them - but I still recommend them to anyone that I talk to! It won't be my whole stash, gotta keep just a couple, but there will be some nice Zs and even a few ESPs once I do put them up.

Still the best single golf disc ever made! I think it might be time for me to spread the wealth a little bit, and not just let them collect dust in the basement.

anyone have a stack of heavy middle weight (169-174) yellow double stamped Z comets? I finally lost my favorite a few weeks ago. Newer heavier Z's are leaving a little to be desired. That or I need some Esp's. I sold all of mine when people were offering 25$ for a 8/10 (along with a few proto ions for 50$)

Frank Delicious said:
I've got a few old TP comets in sexy purple
Those TP purples were bitchy to find. They are a deep dark purple. I had a wholesaler dump a HUGE stack of those dark green and dark purple TP discs on me right when I started selling discs, and when I left that job five years later there were still a bunch screwing up the inventory. You couldn't sell those things to save your life. They had the added bonus of really showing off Cyclone dust so they not only were a dark, unfindable color but they looked like they had bad shelf wear with all the white streaks on them. I'm still pissed at that supplier, and that happened 16 years ago.

Then to answer your question, nope. Didn't start playing dg until around 2003/04. I have tried the recent runs of Glows and they weren't fairly beefy for a comet.

BLURR said:
Pwingles said:
I have a sexy stock purple Z, theyre out there just gotta findem

You sir, are a dirty bastard...unless you want to trade it to me...then you are my new best friend :D
I suppose i am a dirty bastard then :(, ima try and get a few more because this one is fuckin perfect. Perfect dome, great stability. Flies like a worn in ESP, ive had some Z's that were a bit flatter on top and were not nearly as HSS as ithink comets should be, and this one is money :)

No clue about X Comets, but an observation about ESPs.

It was supposed to rain today (it didn't :) ), so I carried a 168ish ESP Comet instead of my usual 163ish Z Comet. The ESP definitely has more LSS – the Z Comet usually holds a line, but the ESP flexed out of a turn (and OB :( ) on what I thought was a perfect drive.

Maybe I just haven't hit enough trees with the ESP Comets.

Wyno said:
Is it just me, or do I see a disturbing lack of x comets in stores... what's happening at DC? Anyone got a clue?

Discraft can't produce enough discs to meet demand at the moment and they're moving into a bigger facility soon to make sure they can make enough discs. They just received a huge order and are cranking out discs 20 hours a day (the machines require some down time) but still can't keep up. I looked at a wholesale order sheet that describes what discs they can currently ship and more than half out them were blacked out (unavailable). Almost nothing was available max weight.

I'm sure they're still producing X Comets, they just can't make enough discs to meet demand at the moment.

Latest posts