• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet or Buzz

I don't understand the buzz,I found a brand new EsP today I throw a roc 3 I thought ,O this to be nice....but I just hated the way it felt...I hated the way throw so I put on a picnic table for somebody else ..not sure why..big bead...lame throws..I throw an aviar farther and dead straight...300

Sounds like you picked up a wasp which is ironic if you like rocs

I don't understand the buzz,I found a brand new EsP today I throw a roc 3 I thought ,O this to be nice....but I just hated the way it felt...I hated the way throw so I put on a picnic table for somebody else ..not sure why..big bead...lame throws..I throw an aviar farther and dead straight...300
I throw an Aviar farther than a Buzzz, but it's the way I throw. I throw the Buzzz too high and not hard enough, they just stall and start looking for the ground. I had two options; change the way I throw to be able to use a Buzzz, or just throw a Comet. Just throwing a Comet was waaayyy easier.

For other guys, the Buzzz was the answer to their prayers and responds to the way they throw perfectly. It's just a thing.

I throw an Aviar farther than a Buzzz, but it's the way I throw. I throw the Buzzz too high and not hard enough, they just stall and start looking for the ground. I had two options; change the way I throw to be able to use a Buzzz, or just throw a Comet. Just throwing a Comet was waaayyy easier.

For other guys, the Buzzz was the answer to their prayers and responds to the way they throw perfectly. It's just a thing.

I originally hated the Buzzz. I still don't love it, but it's serviceable until DC decided to release the Wasp in anything other than Z or JB/CTJB. I have changed my form enough that I can use a Buzzz, while also being able to use a Comet.

I've slowly gone to shallower and beadless putters, but the Comet and Wasp have stuck around in my bag as my main mids, but I have a Z Buzzz for the middle slot. I will always have a Comet in my bag, even if I have to pull some Prodigy-esque shenanigans to do so (unless Innova/DM/Milleniun is the sponsor, than an Ontario Roc will do, but it's not quite the same, close but still no Comet).

Comet and buzzz can cover a lot of the same things, depending on how you like to throw.

If you're more of a finesse thrower, you'll probably like the comet. If you throw with more power (ie like to throw mids hard like they are drivers) the buzzz might work for you. Like ThreePutt alluded to, if you like to throw low laser beams the buzzz will work for you. The comet requires a little more height and a cleaner throw to get similar distance.

I don't particularly care for the buzzz and never really have. I don't ever see myself throwing anything that isn't an aftershock for that disc slot. I carried comet/wasp most of last year, but now kind of bookend aftershocks with a comet and a drone.

The Comet is a great mold but it doesn't like power or spin. If you're finesse game is there then a Comet is for you. I love the Meteor because I can throw it hard just like my Buzzz.

The Comet & Buzzz are so different to me that there's no reason to only pick one.

The Comet is a great mold but it doesn't like power or spin. If you're finesse game is there then a Comet is for you. I love the Meteor because I can throw it hard just like my Buzzz.

The Comet & Buzzz are so different to me that there's no reason to only pick one.

What??? The more spin one puts on a Comet, the better it flys. It loves spin.

It hates OAT. If you increase OAT with the spin, yeah, it's gonna burn.

What??? The more spin one puts on a Comet, the better it flys. It loves spin.

It hates OAT. If you increase OAT with the spin, yeah, it's gonna burn.

I use near max weight Z Comets & I had a hard time getting that laser straight hyzer flip once I started using spin on it. It would flip flat the dip right more than I'd like. It's all subjective.

For me it's the Buzzz these days.

I very much like domey Z Comets. But there are a lot (...A LOT) of discs that I like that I don't bag.

I wanted to have a midrange setup that looked something like... OS slot / wasp or roc / stable comet / flippy comet. I previously had either an X or ESP comet for the flippy comet, but those are all lost or gone. I picked up a short stack of X comets to replace them, but as it turns out lately X comets are crazy stable. Oddly, I even took one and blasted it against a brick wall many times, thumbers on the concrete, the whole deal. Scuffed up the surface nicely, warped the rim... still stable.

Weirdly, this same comet a few months ago, before I beat it up, was being manhandled by the wind. Flipping inappropriately and being blown around.

So basically I have a disc that doesn't turn when I want it to, staying straight to fade in the calm, while also being useless in the wind.

It was actually after that windy round that I decided to switch to a buzzz plus an understable mold to cover my less stable midrange slots - I figured a seasoned Buzzz could hold powered anhyzers while not being eaten up in the wind.

Moving forward I would like to try out a lighter weight (170ish) ESP Comet for my turnover comet and pair with a stable Z plus a Wasp like before. One big advantage to bagging an actual flippy Comet was that they handle lower power and nose up shots much better than the Buzzz, which wants to be thrown hard, nose down and low.

Latest posts