• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Common Misconceptions

Makes my head hurt when someone says Millennium disc's names are too complicated to understand. I'm sorry they didn't put pictures of animals and mythical creatures on it for you.

We don't need pictures. Just easy to say and associate names.
What was that you just threw? "QJLS903JDNSKD" does not roll of the tongue very well.

They should change the names and start over. All over. On a side note, they have nice stuff. The Quasar is a really great disc. And not a bad name either. :thmbup:

It does! The differential air pressure caused by the sound of the word "nice" affects the angular velocity of the disc as precession takes over, causing an instananeous momentary exponential increase in the mass of trees, thereby increasing their gravitational pull on the disc, and....
Whack! .... you've been niced.

I can make B.S. up too... :p

Classic.

What was that you just threw? "QJLS903JDNSKD" does not roll of the tongue very well.

They should change the names and start over. All over. On a side note, they have nice stuff. The Quasar is a really great disc. And not a bad name either. :thmbup:

No, thats the best part; you dont have to ask.
Straight shot- prob a long straight.
Healty fade - prob a long fade.

So you couldn't even find a difficult name to say so you had to make one up? The JLS is the only disc they have that is just initials and Discraft has been way worse about naming discs like that. Several of the Millennium discs have a suffixes that describe the flight, too.

Not so much a misconception, nor is it common, but an interesting rule twist I've heard:

If you can catch your throw without leaving your stance, it's a free rethrow.

I've never taken a mulligan in disc golf, but I think I'm going to try to incorporate that concept into our community.

I'm sure its all been said but **** it.

1. You can't drive neutral putters at 100% power without them flipping.
2. You can't drive neutral mids at 100% power without them flipping.
3. Overstable discs are the only discs that can handle the torque of a forehand.
4. Forehand generates more spin.
5. More spin makes a disc flippier.
6. Only throw overstable molds in the wind.
7. Distance is the most important part of golf.
8. Learning a new hrowing style is hard, just stick to whatever you got comfortable with first because its easier.
9. No one needs a fh just throw anhyzers (and vice versa).
10. Brand loyalty means only keeping one brand in your bag rather than supporting a company you like while still being open to what other companies are doing to innovate in disc golf.
11. The Volt and Shock are flippy.

I can see taking a few warm up shots on hole #1 before playing a casual round with friends. Anything else and no sir...better have warmed up beforehand.

I can see taking a few warm up shots on hole #1 before playing a casual round with friends. Anything else and no sir...better have warmed up beforehand.

When my wife and I play tennis, we play no faults on the first serve. You just continue serving until you get one in. For the rest of the match, normal rules apply.

For casual disc golf I use the same mentality sometimes. Keep throwing the first tee until I get the shot I like, then that's the first "official" shot of the round.

Common Misconception: i have weed for sale