• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Common Misconceptions

I've seen it in person at Frontier Park in Tustin, CA. It wasn't chickens, but they had the bottom lined with foil and full of charcoal and were cooking hot dogs over it.

I might add in all the negative stereotypes that come along with playing disc golf...there are too many to mention. Most everyone I've met through playing the sport have been great.

thought i would throw this in for the several that complained about it
WARRIOR - MID-RANGE DRIVER - AVAILABLE IN: "S" AND EVOLUTION (E) PLASTICS
The Warrior is a Fast, overstable mid-range with a predictable hyzer at the end of the flight. Perfect for power shots requiring
angle right out of the hand.A great choice for windy days and those must have side arms!

The idea that distance has anything to do with arm or grip strength is silly. Distance is all about learning to use your body to throw a disc not just your arm. In fact, I will just say it now, anyone can throw 450' and I mean anyone. If you doubt me spend 10 minutes with Ron Convers. Guy is 5'10, short arms and legs with tiny hands and was out driving everyone on his card at Texas states this year, that includes Dave Feldberg and Bradley Williams.

People might think that because im not the best player and dont have the highest rating, that i dont know what im talking about. Just because i cant execute it everytime when it matters, doesnt mean i dont know about disc golf and the mechanics of the game. I understand everything, i just cant always consistantly put it together to be as good as some people. I know what im talking about tho, otherwise i dont open my mouth about it

Thats my favorite misconception

The idea that distance has anything to do with arm or grip strength is silly. Distance is all about learning to use your body to throw a disc not just your arm. In fact, I will just say it now, anyone can throw 450' and I mean anyone. If you doubt me spend 10 minutes with Ron Convers. Guy is 5'10, short arms and legs with tiny hands and was out driving everyone on his card at Texas states this year, that includes Dave Feldberg and Bradley Williams.

Not anyone. And not 450.

Provided that you do not have physical limitations to the movements required of good disc golf mechanics, you should be able to throw far. Unfortunately many of us are bound by those very limitations, due to any number of reasons.

Had a friend of mine legitimately ask me, "You mean those aren't fancy trash cans?" Don't know if anyone else has a had a problem with trash in the basket but that is a big one that I've heard :wall:

What a fantastic thread, that whole physics debacle was excellently awful. Overall it was informative to this first year player.

My contribution:
Not listening to advice constitutes disagreement with said advice.

Yeah, but once you learn the technique to throw like that then grip strength is one of the major things that separates how far people throw.

I agree that the physical strength and ability required to throw 450' isn't all that great and that most teenage and older males possess that ability. Now whether or not they'll learn the subtle timing and mechanics required to do it is a totally different story.