• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Condor Love!

I have a DX Condor & I use it to warm up before rounds. Great disc to play catch with. I like my Condor more than my DX Zephyrs. I assume that's because I prefer beaded mids & putters. The Condor feels similar to a Roc, in my hand at least. I can't justify adding the mold to my bag. I don't have enough finesse to get consistent results using it. Plus there's not many holes at my local courses that a Condor would be better suited on than a putter. It won't fit in my Grip bag anyway. Still a cool disc that stays in the trunk of my car for playing catch with friends.

I got a DX Condor and got to try it out today. What a great disc! And I managed to fit it in my double NutSac.

I carry 2 Condors in my bag, a dx and a champion that is board flat and stable as heck even in a headwind. Cool thing is other discs fit inside them so they really don't take up any extra space in my bag. The dx one has become my main upshot disc out to about 150 feet. I used it a bunch at the Memorial tournament last week and I think I converted several of my cardmates who had never seen one used before.

These two birds flew in today after USPS was delayed a day by the floods. Little more beefier than my domier Blizzdors but they'll do nicely. 200 grams of gildey goodness.

7xMgaPsl.jpg

I've got a Condor-only round scheduled with a buddy this Sunday! :eek:

Condor Challenge FTW! :cool:

Broke my blizzard champ Condor out today for the first time all year. I forgot how much fun it is to throw that disc on short wooded courses! I hit a tree and it just slowly kicked back into the fairway and floated another 50 feet towards the pin! Hopefully the Innova factory has some still up for sale.

We've started playing Zephyr-only rounds in the winter the last few years because the Zephyrs always just land on top of the snow and stay there. No knifing in, no need for chalk or ribbons....
Would perhaps a lighter Condor behave much the same way, or is it too unlid-like to manage that, and would just be the same as a larger golf disc?

I throw both in the snow and never had a problem. However both of mine are blizzard 150g.

I lost a 175ish dx condor under the snow a few years back. I would stick with the zephyr since it is too blunt to dig in. My one gripe with all these large blizzrd discs is the color. Any amount of sun makes them fade very quickly. My last new zephyr is neon orange. It's twin (when new) is now a bland off white, and so is the pink condor I got. The pink and orange faded to the same bleh.

Most of the Bliz I've had have faded to off white, it's really odd.

I have always been intrigued by the condor but never pulled the trigger.

We're into get one, what should I look for?

I picked up a DX Condor 200g and Zephyr 196g at Clearwater Discs over the weekend, and used them some in a round. They are excellent approach discs. Slow and reliable. I prefer the Condor, but still like the Zeph.

I picked up a DX Condor 200g and Zephyr 196g at Clearwater Discs over the weekend, and used them some in a round. They are excellent approach discs. Slow and reliable. I prefer the Condor, but still like the Zeph.

Condor (especially DX at max weight) is just about the greatest disc I have ever held (and thrown)...

With only some exceptions, my greatest throws have come from Condors... and I regularly play Condor only rounds...

also, if my full bag is suffering and I'm playing poorly I will drop down to the Condor and like magic I will get my game back... best all around disc on the planet IMHO

Just 6.99 on MST, heck after the holidays I might buy two and play some condor rounds with a buddy who was an ultimate player.

Seriously thinking about just carrying around a Zephyr and a Condor once the snow really starts piling up over here. Maybe with a polecat in there too. I won a DX Condor last year, definitely like the feel of it so much better than the blizz Condor I have.

Bump the Condor thread!!

Just dug out my Condor and Zephyr for some winter rounds.
Good way to have some fun in snow.

Just picked up two dx condors the other day.

Now I just need a top of the world hole to throw them...watch the slow glidey for days :)