• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Condor Love!

I'm wanting to order a champ blizzard condor (and a zephyr). Haven't had my hands on one (dx) for a very long time.

Should I go for max weight, or as light as possible? I want the to maximize the flight it was intended for.

Let me know for both champ condor and zephyr.

No idea on the Zephyr.

The new champ Condors are all max weight 198-200g. If you're gonna throw any rollers I'd get the champ, DX beats in pretty quick when throwing a forehand roller or 2 a round. Flight wise, you can't beat a max weight DX. But the new champs for me have beat in to where I can throw a dead straight 300ft shot now with no fade.

Champ holds a better anhyzer line in my opinion, DX powers down better.

yeah 2nd on the max weight blizzard being all that is out there AFAIK...

hearing pretty good things about the blizzdors... I just have to get out and bang 'em up a bit to see how these fair against my 197 DX... btw... I've beat the heck out of my DX condor and it hasn't changed stability at all... thing stands up to the abuse very well... even has a significant gouge in the wing...

I think it says they had 135 dx but I could be mistaken. But yeah, not in blizzard champ. I'm gonna do max or the 198-200 they offer.

(I guess the zephyr is where my question applies more now)

For the Zephyr, a max weight Blizz has a similar enough flight path to a DX but lacks quite a bit of glide. I'd maybe go a little lighter than what you'd throw in DX, for some extra glide, but you don't need to go too light.

As for the Blizzdor, they fly awesome. Similar fade, extra HSS, less glide... Should beat in to an amazing flyer and are a great off the shelf "Overstable" complement to a DX Condor.

I'm going to drive my car over my blizzdors... more than several times
:|

I'm going to drive my car over my blizzdors... more than several times
:|

Haha probably wouldn't even change them much. DX Condors are already really durable, these Blizzes are going to last forever. I seriously think it may take a year or two for mine to get in the sweet spot... But it'll probably stay in that spot for 5 years.

I think it says they had 135 dx but I could be mistaken. But yeah, not in blizzard champ. I'm gonna do max or the 198-200 they offer.

(I guess the zephyr is where my question applies more now)

The lighter dx zephyrs <165 don't mold up the same, they loose there dome, and get very flippy.
It's not as noticeable in the blizzard.
Typically heavier is better in a Zephyr

Been tossing my BlizzDor now for a few rounds and I have to say that this disc has officially moved into my "Hustle Newbs with a Comical Disc" slot.

These Condors are crazy HSS and fly really well powered up. They don't have near the glide of their DX predecessors but man oh man are they a blast to throw.

Any Condor fans out there that want a beefy 'Dor to last a lifetime...do yourself a favor and go buy one of these.

Anyone ever try to play with their Blizzard DX Condors? US as all get out, but it floats! I had a blast throwing it around at the beach last Saturday, probably the best 8$ I've ever spent! Thing is ridiculously easy to throw, nothing more than a flick of the wrist will send it flying. Very US compliment to my 193 Bliz Champ Condor.

Just picked one up this afternoon. Stopped and did some field work on the way home from the store and then threw a few holes. I have to figure out how to fit it in my bag because it was just awesome. It was windy as heck today and that thing flew great! Held whatever line I put it on, rolled amazingly. Seemed like a beefier Comet... And I freakin love throwing Comets!

Ugh, you had to bring that green text into the Condor thread, huh?

Is nothing sacred?

^^ Seriously though, it is kind of annoying.

I love Condors. I like having a catch with them before a round to get warmed up.

I always think it's funny when 3 or 4 people on an online forum with thousands of members refer to themselves as, "Everyone". I tend to refer to them as arrogant. Sometimes petulant. In general though, I couldn't care less. You special few can keep derailing every thread in which I post, isn't going to change anything. Been posting green messages on message boards for 38 years. Dozens of boards and hundreds of thousands of messages at this point.
So let's be perfectly clear since it is not I that seems to need things spelled out for them. The green posts aren't going to change, especially not for a small group of rude little children that for some reason think they can order people around. HERE is the link to make my posts disappear. Please just use that rather than continuing to show how petty and small you are behind a keyboard.
That was my final comment on the matter.

Speaking of hate for the oddball (nice segue, eh?), Why is there such disdain for the Condor? I don't know anyone that carries one, and with the incredible variety of choices at the local disc shop I've seen people carry just about everything but I'd never even seen a Condor in-person until finding them off to the side with the minis and lids at said local disc shop. I guess my question is, what's the downside? Other than it really doesn't fit in any of my bags.

Last edited:
It's big and slow and perfectly suited for thumb rollers, which is a shot that not a lot of people use. It doesn't bag well unless you have a bag with a big putter pocket. It was part of a line-up of discs (Zephyr/Condor/Lynx/Jaguar) that was aimed more for Frisbee people to convert over to golf by keeping the large diameters that they were comfortable with. They really never caught on for golf and were used more for stuff like MTA in premie weights because they stay in the air so flippin' long. It's a niche disc that you just are not going to see every day like a Buzzz or Roc.

I never really played much frisbee, I'm bad at the catching part and regular frisbees always found a way to rip a chunk out of the knuckle of my middle finger when I would throw (has never happened with a disc) so that's not how this bird is gonna win me over. I understand the niche bit and that it's hard to bag, but I'm still surprised I've never seen one anywhere before.
I'm playing a quick round at a short 9-hole course with a buddy this afternoon, I think I'm going to go a little early and warm up by throwing a round with just the Condor and a putter.

I play Condor only rounds on the regular. Best disc of any in my bag or ever in my bag.