• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Corona Virus and Leagues

Really? Come on. Those kind of statements don't help this kind of situation. I do agree with most of what you wrote in your post. Just save the conspiracy theories for another time.

There are too many what ifs at this point. Throwing the CDC under the bus as some kind of deep state arm of the government to mislead people is just a fallacy.

Everyone needs to be proactive and work together as this situation is going to get worse before it gets better.

It's an election year and Trump is afraid this will hurt his reelection. He will lie. Those around him will constantly correct him. Listen to them not him. Pretty obvious if you're paying attention.

It's an election year and Trump is afraid this will hurt his reelection. He will lie. Those around him will constantly correct him. Listen to them not him. Pretty obvious if you're paying attention.

That is because this Virus will hurt his reelection campaign. The Stocks will tumble up and down from this as people who lower the stocks for the not beyond rich to own stocks so the rich can buy more of the good stocks so Stock market will keep it going up and down as the beyond rich dump stocks to get most bang for buck to only have the rich buy that lower stock to keep it neutral. Remember the Economy is only reason for about 50% of Republicans to Vote for him as most of the people voting for him are Republicans and he does not have a big base and a up and down Stock market will not help matters.

Really? Come on. Those kind of statements don't help this kind of situation. I do agree with most of what you wrote in your post. Just save the conspiracy theories for another time.

There are too many what ifs at this point. Throwing the CDC under the bus as some kind of deep state arm of the government to mislead people is just a fallacy.

Everyone needs to be proactive and work together as this situation is going to get worse before it gets better.
Did I say anything about the CDC? I did not. Nor did I mention any conspiracy theories. I was referring to the idiot in the White House whose only concern is how it affects him personally. I was also referring to the governments' ham fisted response to this crisis. They already have blood on their hands from foot dragging and denial of the gravity of this situation simply to please and placate the POS in the oval office. You are right, EVERYBODY needs to be proactive, including the President of the United States of America and ALL the suck boys and sycophants in the republikkkan party. Can you tell me why the CDC no longer posts death numbers for this virus? Because it's bad optics for the president, the numbers aren't good for his re-election.

I run a league with anywhere from 20-40 players. i am starting to get a bit worried about handling the cash from everyone, I am no spring chicken. I have considered making everyone pay by paypal, but not everyone uses it, and some are charged depending on how they fund it, so not a great solution.

Any other league directors getting a bit worried? Any ideas on how to reduce risk?

Signed,

Chicken Little

It strikes me that doing payout by paypal would be a nuisance, as well. At least the entries would be each player making one entry; the payout would be the TD making a bunch of them, particularly in large leagues.

As far as I've read, the dangers of cash are relatively low. I suppose you could reduce them even further by (1) placing entries in a ziplock bag, (2) disinfecting your hands after handling entries, (3) disinfecting your hands after distributing payouts and (4) disposing of the ziplock.

I recommend watching this video while you still can as this is being heavily censored.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/mWcUoESRO0c5/

Oh boy! Almost makes me want to subscribe to other theory. That common sense, critical thinking and the ability to problem solve, are not learned behaviors.

Critical thinking is a choice, we are all free to believe what we wish....but, man...belief is not science or fact. That is the critical part of thinking.

OK... I'll be the guy that says it.

Don't be a ***** and go on and live your life. Damn! What the hell is
wrong with people these days. It's just another "scare everyone to vote for me" deal. Ignore it and prosper. Live and love your neighbor. You'll be alright.

I vended discs at a tournament today, where the awards ceremony was moved from a building to an outdoor pavilion, in accordance with PDGA advisory. It was a beautiful day, and there's a great course view from the pavilion, so no issues there.

At the end of which, 100 disc golfers gathered from places far and near, rifled through 1,000 hard-plastic discs with their bare hands.

OK... I'll be the guy that says it.

Don't be a ***** and go on and live your life. Damn! What the hell is
wrong with people these days. It's just another "scare everyone to vote for me" deal. Ignore it and prosper. Live and love your neighbor. You'll be alright.

You are going to be the problem. I agree that people should not simply believe what they read on social media. Educate yourself. Sticking your head in the sand and not giving a crap about anyone besides yourself is not helpful, nor responsible.

Perhaps Corona will turn out to be considerable less of a threat than advertised. I hope so, but infectious disease, like the flu, is not a social conspiracy. People will die and taking care of "your own doorstep" will help mitigate potential mortality.

This is beginning to feel like the political forum.
What I find particularly troubling is that both sides feel the other side is ignorant.
I don't like what that says for our society. :(

Thanks for injecting politics into a disc golf forum.

I was referring to the idiot in the White House whose only concern is how it affects him personally.

Your comments are extremely obnoxious. No one should have their panties in a knot over this virus or President Trump's reaction to it.

This is beginning to feel like the political forum.
What I find particularly troubling is that both sides feel the other side is ignorant.
I don't like what that says for our society. :(

Ah, just ignore the political and conspiracy bunk, and we can discuss the actual disease, and precautions as they relate to disc golf events.

Only slightly off topic but I was wondering if the PDGA has had any discussions about suspending leagues and tourneys because of CV? If so, are you just waiting for some kind of directive from DC about stopping gatherings of people in general, like what has already happened in other countries? If they don't force gatherings to stop, how bad do you think this will have to get for the PDGA to take action on their own?