• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Costco basket

Drewford

At a costco close to me they have a park and sun basket cheaper than any other basket I have seen. I've heard some say that it's an ok target but not the most amazing thing in the world. Anyone else tried it? Also it comes with three seemingly not so great discs. Are they worth throwing?

The Costco basket is better now because they upgrade the way some of it goes together.
It will still need inner chains to catch well.
If its the same three discs, they fly ok , my brother still uses the driver (very under stable).

They are a good value, if money is tight, but you get what you pay for.

Costco near me has the same basket on the floor. The disc were garbage , not worth throwing at all.

Might someone be able to identify the specific location of the Costco? Their website has doesn't show anything disc golf related.

Costco near me has the same basket on the floor. The disc were garbage , not worth throwing at all.

Yep, I agree. The discs belong in the trash. That's where mine are.

As for the basket, I'd rate it 1/5. After $35 of chain and appropriate connectors, I rate it 4/5. The main reason that it sucks is the way it goes together and comes apart. Threaded connections will wear out over time. If you are able to keep it together and drag it around, it is a great deal.

threaded connections don't wear out if you use care. the basket is great for the price and you don't need heavy duty chain to help with inner catching. It is very easy to assemble and you get what you pay for. I highly recommend this basket-- I have played courses with worse lol.

I think if you replace the chain ring at the bottom with a more traditional basket ring, it would catch a lot better. I personally never had a problem with the pins of the older models. Having them attached to the basket made them really easy to shuttle around without losing anything.

I got to Costco basket for my birthday this year. Adding inner chains is a must , or you will cut through all the time. The lighter outer chains actually snag outer edge putts pretty well. you will alter your putting style to prevent cutting through the chains if you don't add some chains. I like my basket and it has improved my putting/scoring on the course. Don't know if it will last for ever, but it's a good buy for the average disc golfer. I have taken mine to local park to add some fun to field work. It's pretty easy to make up nine hole course with only one basket. Gonna take it camping this weekend and introduce friends to the game.

Last edited:
I think if you replace the chain ring at the bottom with a more traditional basket ring, it would catch a lot better. I personally never had a problem with the pins of the older models. Having them attached to the basket made them really easy to shuttle around without losing anything.

I think I have a commercial zip tie of some kind on mine with some smaller inner ones as well which always stays on and I keep a towel around the pole so its not as ridiculously loud when putting lol.

It is kinda cheap, mine didn't last to long before repairs were needed. Although I added extra chain and reinforced the post, it has been a great practice basket for around the house and it is cheap.

Those discs are junk, I found one and threw it on a water hole.... In the creek it went. You could see it and my daughter said "you gonna get it?" I said no the water is too fast, don't want to risk it. Pity the fool that finds it.

As mentioned already, adding inner chains is a must. Hard to beat for a total of under $100. I liked it so much I bought a second one this year!

I left my original one outside all winter, other than a little fading it is still good as new.

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 148
They are a good basket for the buck.
But you do get what you pay for.
They have been upgraded since I bought mine a few years ago.

does anyone know of a link online for Costco for these baskets. I saw a buddy had one today and figured it would be great for the back yard to practice with and the kids to have fun with.

does anyone know of a link online for Costco for these baskets. I saw a buddy had one today and figured it would be great for the back yard to practice with and the kids to have fun with.

Here is the same basket. This is where I got mine last year. It was $75 last year tho, now it's $100.

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_1139/InStep-Frisbee-Golf-Basket-w-3-Discs-DG200.html?rd=gpf_1139&utm_source=PLASKU&gclid=CjwKEAjwgYKfBRDvgJeylem9xDUSJACjeQ7AjbzX66c7olyCdoB5IoPt6NpLsKZtLkm-ufpJPN4oyRoCl5Xw_wcB

I have had one for a couple years and its an okay at best. It starts to fade and then it leaves red marks all over your discs. I would save up and spend a little more for a different starter basket IMO.

Costco Basket Rebuild

A buddy gave me his old Costco basket.
The middle ring on the basket/tray was broken off.
The bolt threads were all stripped out where the two poles screw together to sandwich the basket/tray.
Today I welded the ring back in, and welded the top and bottom to the basket/tray making them one piece.
Then I added six inner heavy chains.
Looks like the pics loaded sideways, but you get the idea

Attachments

• 20150102_152300.jpg
    20150102_152300.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20150102_154048.jpg
    20150102_154048.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20150102_164245.jpg
    20150102_164245.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 32
its not the best basket but the thing works.. not sure why people don't just put some anti-seize on the threads and stop being Hercules on it when assembling but can see where welding it up would make it a bit more solid. MUST add the chains to the inside for sure on these tho even some very light duty dog yard linkage works fine.

Latest posts