• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses in south Orange County, CA

DocHaole

Bogey Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
So I'm moving back down to south OC after working in LA county and I have to admit that I've gotten spoiled being so close to La Mirada and Eldo. But now I'll be back in Laguna Hills and I'm disappointed that my best option is now Huntington which is always crowded and still a bit of a drive, and closest option is Deerfield which can get short and boring after a while.

All this to say why don't we have a decent course in south OC?!

I know that getting a course put in takes a lot of effort and support but I am pretty sure there are a lot of people in this area that are desperate for a good course.

Does anyone know of past efforts to try and put in a course down here? There are so many good places that it makes me wonder if people have tried and ran in to opposition. I'm trying to get a conversation started about the potential for a course, I didn't find much searching past threads.

I know there's been some talk about putting one in at Great Park. They certainly have the room for a decent one.

ya theres slim pickens in south OC. you could drive south to goat hill in Oceanside but that could get expensive with there fees . there is some talk about getting some more courses down there. I played a round with a guy that is involved with the HB.course and he told me there working on it.

I know there's been some talk about putting one in at Great Park. They certainly have the room for a decent one.

There is so much land for a course in the great park. I'm not sure if there is much in the way of trees though. I also hear that the politics of the great park is a giant clusterfyck so it might be a hard sell.

I would love to see one in great park, I hope the locals pull it off.

There is so much land for a course in the great park. I'm not sure if there is much in the way of trees though. I also hear that the politics of the great park is a giant clusterfyck so it might be a hard sell.

There's a ton of trees on the backside along Irvine Blvd. that are ready to be transplanted to other parts of the park.

Your last sentence is probably accurate but we can always try.

I know its KINDA far, but Goat Hill in Oceanside is a monster of a course....

I've heard nothing but good things about Goat Hill, and I'm hoping to get over there soon. But it's too far to be an everyday kind of course.

I am in South OC, Laguna Niguel, and agree we have plenty of space and no courses. I have a practice basket and if we can get a couple more it would be fun to meet and setup courses at random. Great park would be a great place to start. Many of us have written to them and the canned response is that they are reviewing it. All those open fields in Irvine off the 5 and 405, the hills of quail hill, ladera ranch, Santa margarita, mission viejo baseball fields are all potential areas. Even in Laguna Niguel, I have a lot of open space and have figured out some pretty cool areas in our canyons that would work. If there are any other South County people interested revive this thread.

Revive the thread

If there are any other South County people interested revive this thread.

I couldn't agree more, there are areas with incredible disc golf potential.

I'm glad that people have already proposed a course in the great park. I found out that there is an old ball golf course on the southeast corner of the park. It's blocked off but it looks like there are trees and bunkers and hopefully elevation changes.

Laguna Niguel has a handful of good spots. Anyone been to Laguna Niguel Regional Park? It looks like they have plenty of land, and hills. They charge for parking, so they might be open to DG for more revenue.

Come on OC, revive the thread.

Latest posts