• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

:drool: .. CT Wasps paired with a Comet .. yes, please!

Im not sure why they dont have it out yet but maybe since ledgestone, Discraft will learn that people want special things and maybe do like a factory store type deal. Cuz Id be interested in some CT Wasps, and some other of the ledgestoe releases but I just refuse to support nate and that tournament.

Im not sure why they dont have it out yet but maybe since ledgestone, Discraft will learn that people want special things and maybe do like a factory store type deal. Cuz Id be interested in some CT Wasps, and some other of the ledgestoe releases but I just refuse to support nate and that tournament.

for sure! I attempted to cycle X-Wasps years back and it worked but they just couldnt kick out the kc rocs b/c the plastic blends.. now a CT Wasp would be magical! i havent felt the CT look a like Challengers.. how was that plastic? the Nate Doss Challenger plastic would work perfectly as well

for sure! I attempted to cycle X-Wasps years back and it worked but they just couldnt kick out the kc rocs b/c the plastic blends.. now a CT Wasp would be magical! i havent felt the CT look a like Challengers.. how was that plastic? the Nate Doss Challenger plastic would work perfectly as well

Doss plastic would work well as well. But Ive only held CT plastic once and it kinda flet like a grippier kc to me.

Was throwing a flick today, man it lives up to it's name. Besides being fast and very overstable, it is super comfy in a two finger flick grip. It is just soo flat and releases cleaner from a flick because of it's shallow rim. Perfect for low fast flex flicks that I can release with a touch of anny that always flex out and skip to the right.

Doss plastic would work well as well. But Ive only held CT plastic once and it kinda flet like a grippier kc to me.

yeah they are buttah! i used them for a season but sold them off .. had a buddy who was offering crazy money and i just couldnt refuse lol .. think grippy G9i - ish lol

Mine are not nearly as firm as KC but they do wear nice. They do not chunk like the Discraft Pro.

yeah i figured running them in the Nate plastic might actually be possible were the CT is just a nice dream lol .. but yeah i have a buddy who has some seasoned nates and they feel amazing!

Bought a big Z mantis and love it! What a great disc! The best Discraft straight fairway I have ever thrown. Very predictable. I would rate 7, 4, -.5, 2

What can I say? I'm a fan. I've had so many different Discraft molds go through my bag but I've settled on most of the molds in my sig for a long time now. I wouldn't say they're the best molds at what they do but they are some of the best. People love their T-Birds and Leopards, rightfully so, but I don't think many would argue that the Pred and XL aren't an effective combo. The Cranks are the newest development. They replaced all the Nukes I was messing around with. I think at one point I had five different Nukes in the bag. Buzzz OS recently replaced the Drone. I'm finding it to be the better Zone compliment for me.

I started playing right around the time the Predator, Wasp, and Challenger came out. It was later that year the Buzzz hit my local PIAS. I still bag the first run I bought there. I also really liked the understated stamps of the Elite Z at the time. I guess I felt the Innova stuff looked more like a toy. Got my first ace that following year with an APX. Just kinda stuck with them ever since. I work at a Ford store as a mechanic. I think the whole Michigan thing appeals to me in that sense (even though I'm an Illinoisan).

I got a wild hair once to own every Discraft mold. I found lots of cool ones on fleabay. Never thrown discs from the 1980's?! They are out there. Found a lot more on the marketplace here actually. I credit my completed Ace Race collection to DGCR. I'm short some like the Cruiser-Windstar, the OG Phantom (have all the Phantom variants.) I really should post them here sometime.

I think it would be hard for anyone to deny that the Buzzz and the Zone are some of the best discs ever designed.

I made this a while back. I wanted to put it on my bag or something but then decided I didn't want people to call me a fanboy (even though I am :eek: )

J4Uads.jpg

I got my 10th ace this week with a Z Glide - 301' high turnover/S shot faded out into the basket. One of the best understable drivers I've ever bagged.

Bought a big Z mantis and love it! What a great disc! The best Discraft straight fairway I have ever thrown. Very predictable. I would rate 7, 4, -.5, 2
Yeah, the Z Mantis is what I hoped the XL would be.

My girlfriend is just getting into disc golf (yesss :thmbup:) and she brought me a disc from her house. Her family thought it was just a frisbee, but it's an old D Hawk (it honestly feels like DX plastic, not pro-d...it's great). That's been my new go to disc for anything touchy in the woods. I hit pole with it on one of my first few throws!

Changed up the bag a bit, went back to comet, hellfire, and stuck my proline breaker in full time. The proline plastic is perfection and the breaker feels flat and amazing in my grip, though admittedly I rarely choose it over my cryztal chal. Loving the buzzzOS, it's a perfect overstable mid and it will -not- fail in any headwind. I use the hellfire sooo often now for really overstable forehands and occasionally a tricky backhand. It feels so great and flies even better...once again the proline plastic is perfection. After a couple years with the amazing meteor I'm feeling the slower flight of the comet again...for now. This ESP one I traded for feels and flies great! Just as I remembered.

I'm pumped for my ace race which is a month away! I heard the disc flies and feels like an aviar P&A shape, and I'm on my last pair of magnets, so who knows I just might just make the switch!

If it wasnt for these damn wizards i would have a whole dga/discraft bag. I like to have my driving/approach putters the same mold as my actual putters. I wish discraft made a firmer, non-puddle top challenger in x plastic. I could easily get rid of the wizards for those. I need them to be stock prices, i dont want to pay 20 a pop for some ct challys or se ones.
Once the "steady" gets the prolines at stock prices i may try and make the switch. I do hate dga base plastic though. It gets destroyed in a week. Chunks and gouges.
Discraft/dga is so close to making that perfect putter for me

If it wasnt for these damn wizards i would have a whole dga/discraft bag. I like to have my driving/approach putters the same mold as my actual putters. I wish discraft made a firmer, non-puddle top challenger in x plastic. I could easily get rid of the wizards for those. I need them to be stock prices, i dont want to pay 20 a pop for some ct challys or se ones.
Once the "steady" gets the prolines at stock prices i may try and make the switch. I do hate dga base plastic though. It gets destroyed in a week. Chunks and gouges.
Discraft/dga is so close to making that perfect putter for me

Have you ever thrown a Focus? Nearly identical shape to a Wizard, however it is available in far fewer plastics than the Wizard.

Changed up the bag a bit, went back to comet, hellfire, and stuck my proline breaker in full time. The proline plastic is perfection and the breaker feels flat and amazing in my grip, though admittedly I rarely choose it over my cryztal chal. Loving the buzzzOS, it's a perfect overstable mid and it will -not- fail in any headwind. I use the hellfire sooo often now for really overstable forehands and occasionally a tricky backhand. It feels so great and flies even better...once again the proline plastic is perfection. After a couple years with the amazing meteor I'm feeling the slower flight of the comet again...for now. This ESP one I traded for feels and flies great! Just as I remembered.

Does the DGA ProLine plastic have a direct equivalent in Discraft plastic?

^It's slightly different but PL is basically ESP. So yes.

Latest posts