• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Is their old stability rating even necessary with the first four flight numbers?

as an old school discraft guy that just looks weird. Glad they are making some moves forward with there marketing but will take some getting used to.

Hmm "only" a "3" for fade on the Force, most of the sites like Infinite have it at a "4"

I wonder if it's just the ESP Forces with the +3? They stamped those super high PLH Cryztal Trackers +3 (and that was a Discraft 3, which is like an Innova 5.)

Maybe the Z will still be +4. Forces have always felt that OS to me....

I wonder if it's just the ESP Forces with the +3? They stamped those super high PLH Cryztal Trackers +3 (and that was a Discraft 3, which is like an Innova 5.)

I was thinking the same thing. I hope that they rate them differently per plastic.

They've always had different ratings for certain plastic so I'm sure that's the case. For instance D Buzzz was always a 0 while premium were .5

I feel like an X Force is a +4

Hmm "only" a "3" for fade on the Force, most of the sites like Infinite have it at a "4"

It's relative. Whether 3 or 4, we know that's a healthy fade.

I'm glad Discraft is going to the four number flight system. Good decision on their part.

I never minded the old rating for putters, mids, and fairways. But for high speed stuff, totally useless. Nuke SS was 1.0, right? Driver HSS just depends way too much on arm speed.

This makes me wonder about Nuke SS, Nuke, Crank, Surge, Undertaker ... I never thought the Infinite or MST ratings were spot on.

Last edited:
What are the odds PFN Discraft plastic will be worth anything? The fanboy in me is definitely stocking up on some.

Discraft is pretty good at keeping their molds consistent through runs. Not sure if much will change other than aesthetics.

Can anyone give a rough estimation of plastic type in terms of stability for the crank? I picked up a 167 ESP last weekend and it bombs, but don't know if it's versatile enough across plastic lines to bump outlaws from my bag.

Can anyone give a rough estimation of plastic type in terms of stability for the crank? I picked up a 167 ESP last weekend and it bombs, but don't know if it's versatile enough across plastic lines to bump outlaws from my bag.

I've only thrown an ESP and a x-out Cryztal from some tourney. I've had my longest throw ever with the ESP, hit a line of trees at 420 but like 25 feet up. Needed more hyzer than my Nukes. The x-out was gummy and flat and flew like a Nuke OS. Don't think you'll find any of those, but the Tim Barham tour series Cranks might be relatively OS. That plastic has a touch more give than normal Z (and looks amazing). Could be molding up with a higher PLH.

MJ's main distance disc is the Crank. Maybe he can give some insight on his thread.

About freaking time!! :thmbup:

Now I can at least look at a disc and have an idea what it's intended fight will take to get to that old style +1 rating.

No more guessing if it's, X-X/0/+1 or is it X-X/-2/+3!!

Still arbitrary, but it's at least something.

Now, will they be closer to Innova, or as worthless as Westside?

I thought the Treo of Latitude 64, Dynamic Discs, and Westside Discs updated the Flight numbers?

Latest posts