• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crazy Tuff Jawbreaker

Never said that, just said it was stiffer, and a little tackier, maybe super kc pro was a slight exaggeration. If you've always wanted to cycle wasps then this plastic will do it for you. Sorry for being excited about it friend.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Never said that, just said it was stiffer, and a little tackier, maybe super kc pro was a slight exaggeration. If you've always wanted to cycle wasps then this plastic will do it for you. Sorry for being excited about it friend.

Not a knock at you, just at the silly price escalation for mid grade plastic. People have wanted a decent firm mid grade plastic from Discraft for a long time and now we have it. In limited runs at $20 a disc.

It kinda pisses me off.

Agreed, gotta pay McBeth's contract... But we can always hope it becomes a reasonably priced production run. Maybe.

Not a knock at you, just at the silly price escalation for mid grade plastic. People have wanted a decent firm mid grade plastic from Discraft for a long time and now we have it. In limited runs at $20 a disc.

It kinda pisses me off.

Relax a little.

First of all, yes, it's a limited run. So yes, the price is going to be elevated, just like any other limited run plastic from any manufacturer. Second, the interest in this limited run will likely help them to determine if they are worth making production runs in the future. Thirdly, the Wasp - like almost all other discraft mids - was made for premium plastic. So they probably don't have a great idea of how they will hold up in real world conditions in new midgrade plastic blends.

I don't particularly like the price point for any of the LE plastic wasps I've bought ($15 for JB, $20 for CT JB). I will say that I like the plastics enough that I'll buy a couple from future LE runs - even at the same prices - to ensure I keep a backup stash of both ready to go into the cycle, even if they never go into full production (but I hope they do!)

Relax a little.

First of all, yes, it's a limited run.

Thanks Captain O.

Since I'm a Buzzz guy, my primary interest in this plastic is for putters, both throwing and putting. Sight unseen, I'll say this is a nice plastic for throwing and putting. I also have a small stack of Wasps in various premium plastic and would consider cycling them with a mid grade plastic. I throw a Buzzz since it flies like a Buzzz so I'd be less likely to cycle them, though a flippy Buzzz is cool too. I get that they have to analyze the business aspect and what's going to sell. If they start running putters in this plastic or the new Luna plastic (if they aren't the same), I'll say thank you Discraft and buy a stack of Roaches from them.

Personally I think a 'reasonably' priced mid grade plastic would be $15, give or take a buck. Pretty sure they could make money at that price. They are obviously making back their investment in McBeth with his signature discs flying off the shelves, so they should give the peeps what they want.

Do it already, Discraft!

Rant over

I was about to pull the trigger on 3 Challengers until Discraft wanted $32 for shipping to Canada

the total for 3 would have been $92US (like $120CDN)

Other places can ship 3 discs for $15-18

I could get behind the price if I knew what I was getting but I have no idea if this blend is something I would like.

But if I have to spend $92 I'd rather track down another Cam Todd than get 3 unknowns

Relax a little.

First of all, yes, it's a limited run. So yes, the price is going to be elevated, just like any other limited run plastic from any manufacturer. Second, the interest in this limited run will likely help them to determine if they are worth making production runs in the future. Thirdly, the Wasp - like almost all other discraft mids - was made for premium plastic. So they probably don't have a great idea of how they will hold up in real world conditions in new midgrade plastic blends.

I don't particularly like the price point for any of the LE plastic wasps I've bought ($15 for JB, $20 for CT JB). I will say that I like the plastics enough that I'll buy a couple from future LE runs - even at the same prices - to ensure I keep a backup stash of both ready to go into the cycle, even if they never go into full production (but I hope they do!)

Nope, Wasp has been out since before Premium plastic Elite Z was even a concept. Was made for old Stiff Pro D and later all other plastics were dropped for the Stiff Z that had the double Z logo when Discraft first dropped the Elite from the name. About the same time that Pro D went to the modern softer plastic.

Nope, Wasp has been out since before Premium plastic Elite Z was even a concept. Was made for old Stiff Pro D and later all other plastics were dropped for the Stiff Z that had the double Z logo when Discraft first dropped the Elite from the name. About the same time that Pro D went to the modern softer plastic.

Wasp and Z plastic were both out in 2002.

Edit:I believe z plastic actually pre dates the wasp. Z reaper 2001.

Last edited:
Wasp and Z plastic were both out in 2002.

Edit:I believe z plastic actually pre dates the wasp. Z reaper 2001.

Well the Wasp was out then but the then called Elite Z was not for other discs in the lineup discs until 2003-2004 sometime in that period. It was not until Elite Z was changed to Z and Pro D had gone softer that Discraft changed up the disc to being only in Z. The Pro D before that was great for the Wasp that the plastic was stiff enough to work for the disc, however that changed when the plastic changed but X is still about the same in flight as in the Elite X era just now X is shinier and can be more slick or more grip then Elite X when new. So then why Did Discraft stop making the Wasp in X even as a Tournament only disc? I want to know, the Wasp had much more glide for the average player in X then it did in Z. Sounds like they tailored a disc for the pros on the team at the time like Johnny McCray and others before the Buzz OS was ever made. Buzz came out in 2006 about this same time when Wasp was relegated to Z only for a disc to the public as OS and SS came out a year later. It seems that the Buzz and its OS and SS was made for the disc of choice at one point, the Wasp being only left on only because a few pros are keeping said disc in the lineup.

Well the Wasp was out then but the then called Elite Z was not for other discs in the lineup discs until 2003-2004 sometime in that period. It was not until Elite Z was changed to Z and Pro D had gone softer that Discraft changed up the disc to being only in Z. The Pro D before that was great for the Wasp that the plastic was stiff enough to work for the disc, however that changed when the plastic changed but X is still about the same in flight as in the Elite X era just now X is shinier and can be more slick or more grip then Elite X when new. So then why Did Discraft stop making the Wasp in X even as a Tournament only disc? I want to know, the Wasp had much more glide for the average player in X then it did in Z. Sounds like they tailored a disc for the pros on the team at the time like Johnny McCray and others before the Buzz OS was ever made. Buzz came out in 2006 about this same time when Wasp was relegated to Z only for a disc to the public as OS and SS came out a year later. It seems that the Buzz and its OS and SS was made for the disc of choice at one point, the Wasp being only left on only because a few pros are keeping said disc in the lineup.

Elite Z 2001
Wasp 2002
Buzzz 2003
Buzzz SS 2008
Buzzz OS 2014

Alternative facts.