• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my form, please.

I personally think you backhand footwork could use some work, a few things would be getting your rear leg straightened out and your balance a little more on the toes? and check out the swim move on Technique and Strategy section. it's pinned i believe

Straight into the line? I'm not sure I understand.

Swim move is a work in progress, but everything else goes wrong when I try it atm.

RHFH - Your rear foot is almost facing the target. I keep my rear foot perpendicular like a pitcher and plant a little more closed than you.

LHBH - Looks like you are turning your front leg open at the plant before your weight shifts forward.

RHBH - You aren't getting balanced/braced on your front hip and your rear side is sliding/swaying to the left instead of leveraging straight forward/butt wipe. You can see your rear knee goes left. You can see you are still on your front heel all the way through the finish, so your balance is behind your heel as you plant foot-footed.

LHFH - looks weak.

Watch Nate's footwork, lands on front toes and stacked and rear knee goes forward and right.

RHBH: I'm wondering if I'm planting my rear foot a little too target-ward now. But that doesn't particularly sound right . . .

LHBH: I'm thinking I'm planting on the wrong part of the foot. Don't know if that's a cause or effect.

LHFH: Not as weak as before :) I think most of my problems are coming from my shoulder at this point. And shoulders are my weakest point of seeing what's going right or wrong.

RHFH: I've tried planting more closed, but it's never really worked out. It always ends up feeling like my body is in the way.

You'll want to mute this if you watch it soon; when I get back to my pc I'll be able to edit the audio; don't know why I need Flash Player to mute it . . .

I don't include BH anhyzers or FH hyzers often on these, but I did this time. They're not something I feel the need to do often. As a result, I'm not very confident in them, and I'm hoping there's a glaring flaw. Every once in a while I see some nose up, but that could be on purpose; I tend to see a flight and just tell my body to do it without thinking about how to accomplish it. I definitely throw a lot of nose up shots on my dominant side (fh anny, bh hyzer) on purpose. It's just about my favorite thing to do :)

What I'm seeing is

RHBH: I'm seeing something that looks like improvement in my rear side sliding left??? I'd be tempted to call it "hip pause".
Need to work on my posture; I feel like I "lose" my upper body early in the swing compared my other throws. Not sure exactly what to do, but it feels like my chest is too high.

RHFH: I haven't been too worried about closing my feet, because I'm not looking for power out of my forehands; I drive BH and approach FH. I'd abandon FH altogether if it weren't my best approach game. What I am worried about the direction of my stride; doesn't look like it's on line.

LHBH: Hugging :thmbdown: It's a little painful to watch when I preach wide reachback almost to the exclusion of anything else. It's painfully obvious what a drag that puts on my arm speed right when I'm entering the power pocket.

LHFH: I didn't include them. Full slipping, and I'm pretty sure that's plenty to keep me busy until I make another one of these.

RHBH: You lose Butt Wipe pressure against the wall swaying leftward in your stride and swing and aren't crushing the can from behind you enough and striding straight targetward enough into it.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127477

RHFH: On hyzer you should be moving right to left down the tee pad, you are going left to right across the swing plane. Similar issue with your BH in FH is the rear hip going around your front hip instead of clearing the front hip back and countering your butt weight to the opposite side of the swing. See how my rear hip goes to the left side and counter weights the arm across the axis. You actually have a more closed stance than I do, but our rear hips are moving in opposite directions, so you are unwinding around the front hip, while I'm leveraging into it. Your front knee collapses past your ankle and you go over the front hip instead of clearing it back and rotating your body upright. So it's like you are rotating more from the rear side, while I'm rotating from the braced front side.

Also looks like you drop you elbow down during the swing which shortens your lever and reduces leverage.

PW860Fs.png

laIvNHW.png

LHBH: Yep hugging and definitely not Crushing the Can, you plant turned open and the front heel doesn't even land on one of them and the rest are spinning around on your toes.

Last edited: