• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I finally did it. I handled Argiope. A small one.

092611170113.jpg

That pic made my wife freak out...

^^ wow i bet that was odd.. i have seen an albino deer before but never even heard of an albino beaver.. figured it was a sick joke :p

it was at the 9 hole course in Alma, AR (the middle school course) right off of hole 3 we saw this animal poking his head out from some brush and when we walked closer the beaver took off. i had never seen any kind of albino animal so i was like WTF?!?! wish i could have got a picture

Yeah. They're usually four or five times that size.

Yeah when i was in new orleans i seen some huge ones of those. Crazy how big they are. I poked at em with a stick and they got emotional...so i let them be.

We've got a couple hawks that fly around our course. One time we were walking through an area with trees and heard something hit the tree hard, so we looked around for something throwing discs. Next thing we hear is squeaking that sounded like a squirrel was getting raped, then we see the hawk flying away with the squirrel in it's talons. Awesome sight.

I've been going out to a field lately doing some tosses, both times I've gone out there recently I've had stare-downs with deer who aren't used to people being in the field.

We've got a couple hawks that fly around our course. One time we were walking through an area with trees and heard something hit the tree hard, so we looked around for something throwing discs. Next thing we hear is squeaking that sounded like a squirrel was getting raped, then we see the hawk flying away with the squirrel in it's talons. Awesome sight.

I've been going out to a field lately doing some tosses, both times I've gone out there recently I've had stare-downs with deer who aren't used to people being in the field.

How often are you a witness to squirell sexual assault that you know the sound???

Not as exciting living here in the midwest... here's a couple I captured with my iphone.

someone got the munchies?
m9wkx697g8tis2ird2ft.jpg

what do we have here?
a5dsrkzsb4qu9nom75lv.jpg

Early morning session... ground covered in dew and these webs/spiders.
4imuq8170ugda6vvm0va.jpg

Whatchya lookin at, Pal?
4h6agkxjcb4qn758xa8q.jpg

triple vision?
1ubn1muyrm3sz2ksvx5u.jpg

Someone posted this pic today on the Charlotte forum. From the Scrapyard, my home course.

copperhead2.jpg

nice looking copperhead but not a good spot for the disc to land if you arent paying attention when picking it up. i have 4 copperheads in my reptile collection and they are easy to care for but id probably throw from a safer lie or scare that one away.

i wasnt able to get the video camera out in time but an eagle flew by while throwing drives from hole one at mason countys beast course in ludington this weekend. its an awesome view as it is but the eagle made it that much better.

We have loads of red tail hawks and osprey but these mf'ers take the cake.

They're called "Yellow Garden Spiders" but they deserve a WAY gnarlier name.

Attachments

• SPIDAR.jpg
    SPIDAR.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 79
^^ wow i bet that was odd.. i have seen an albino deer before but never even heard of an albino beaver.. figured it was a sick joke :p

not on the dg course but there used to be an albino squirrel that lived right around the corner from me lol

Latest posts