• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Instead of mentioning this thread on the unnecessary new one, I find it more effective to revive a thread by posting in it.

Lately, the only wildlife I have seen at Oak Grove (Pasadena) is a huge influx of fire ants!!!

Saw a pair of turkey vultures fighting at Armco Park White a few weeks ago. A third was standing watching them -- I wasn't sure if it was the referee or if it was waiting to take on the winner.

Yeah I was just about to pull that link up Giv'r....

Nice PreLUBE!:thmbup:

To be fair, that thread does not come up if you search for "wildlife". You'd have to search for "critters". Also it's not been posted in for a while. It used to always be on the first page. I guess the the critters have been hiding from the summer heat!

There's a hawk that lives back in basil-marella in rochester, ny - i've seen it swoop down on a squirell, pin it, and hold it there for like 15 mins while me an my buddies watched - after we walked away it flew away.

The other day I was playing at my home course with my brother and his buddy. My brothers friend throws one of my champ beasts right into a bush a few feet behind the 2nd basket, and when he walked over to get it, there were bee's swarming all over the bush. Turns out his disc landed a few inches from an in ground bee's nest, and those two vahjayjay's were too scared to go get it because the are allergic, so since it was my disc I had to ninja step toward it, but it wasn't a problem. Either way I told them the next nature hazard was theirs to deal with no matter what it was.

A ton of squirrels. Last week threw into some brush and my disc landed next to a shake. The snake got to keep the disc till end if the round when I went back and it was gone. 10 minutes after seeing the snake I saw a baby snake on the sidewalk. I killed it to get revenge for the momma stealing my disc.

Out at Portage Lakes State Park, just a little southwest of Akron, Ohio I saw in one night during our Thursday night doubles less than a month ago. 3 Osprys in their nest near hole # 15, 2 Red Tailed Hawks near their nest near # 2, 3 Deer between holes # 15 & # 17 and 1 Falcon perched on a fallen tree on hole # 10 (and from what I heard that the Falcon was somebody's pet, and it must of been tamed as it let our 4 some get within 30 feet of it, close enough to clearly see it's markings).

meep! meep!

IMG-20110915-00420.jpg

meep! meep!

IMG-20110915-00420.jpg

We have tons of roadrunners here. One of them is our course mascot, because he just hangs around there everyday. We also have hummingbirds that rest in the baskets. If your putt isnt gonna make it they dont fly away, but if its about to hit chains or cage they fly away while its still 15-20 out. Smart birds.

A ton of squirrels. Last week threw into some brush and my disc landed next to a shake. The snake got to keep the disc till end if the round when I went back and it was gone. 10 minutes after seeing the snake I saw a baby snake on the sidewalk. I killed it to get revenge for the momma stealing my disc.

You killed an innocent snake? and a baby snake at that??!? I bow before your manliness!!

Yesterday I threw a red Star Mako right over the head of a squirrel. Instead of freaking out and running away, the squirrel bolted right for the disc where it had landed and attacked it. Definitely one of the weirder things I've seen...

Yesterday I threw a red Star Mako right over the head of a squirrel. Instead of freaking out and running away, the squirrel bolted right for the disc where it had landed and attacked it. Definitely one of the weirder things I've seen...

Wish I could have been there to see that...lol. Angry squirrel.

I'm cheating this time. This didn't happen on a course.

311709_260289267337695_100000698713255_883241_462266286_n.jpg

I caught a Hummingbird with my bare hands... used a shirt actually, as to not harm it. It flew into the building I was working on, and did the "why can't I fly thru the window" bit.

You are a neenja! :thmbup:

Well, time to go find more anermals on the course. See ya.

Latest posts