• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

396152_316197601736660_100000392698693_1033929_414250164_n.jpg

Hey Smokey, get off of my damn fairway. Great pic man. The pet deer story is great to. Almost all wild animals can be raised from birth and kept as pets. You just need to find said animal when they are very young and not totally aware of what they are and what you are yet. For cats, it's about 4 months. If they have not had contact with humans before then, they will always run like a wild animal will.

Imagine throwing a sweeet looking drive on a blind hole... you hear chains! :D
Excited as a virgin on prom night, you briskly trot up the fairway to see what awaits. You turn the corner and see...

:eek:

I was interrupted by close to a dozen wild turkeys wandering around the basket. I watched them for close to 15 minutes. At one point, one of them was chasing another in a tight circle, almost like they were doing laps. They seemed completely oblivious to my presence.

I'm pretty sure I saw an Eastern Bluebird at North Park in Haltom City, Texas today. It flew off the tee pad at #15.

On the back nine in Madisonville, KY I had one of my better drives. Im pumped and go to my disc and prepare an approach when my girlfriend starts yelling at me that there was a skunk on the other side of basket. Ended the round then and there as he decided to move on through the course.

I like skunks. They smell nice and they don't spray people as often as people think they do. They usually just move along.

I like skunks. They smell nice and they don't spray people as often as people think they do. They usually just move along.

This is true. Just don't run at them screaming and you should be fine. They only spray when they feel threatened.

I'm not 100% sure that it was a Great Blue Heron that Tinhorndan and I saw at Redneck DGC in PA about a month ago, but I think that's what it was. (This isn't my image, but you definitely get the point.) It was a huge bird flying over a small stream beside the course... and I've seen these around here before. It was very cool to see!

picture.php

I'm not 100% sure that it was a Great Blue Heron that Tinhorndan and I saw at Redneck DGC in PA about a month ago, but I think that's what it was. (This isn't my image, but you definitely get the point.) It was a huge bird flying over a small stream beside the course... and I've seen these around here before. It was very cool to see!

picture.php
Yeah, that's a heron - gorgeous shot!

This is true. Just don't run at them screaming and you should be fine. They only spray when they feel threatened.
This is not true.:gross:

Last edited:
A lot of people learn to appreciate that smell... as crazy as it sounds to the rest of the world!

I suppose it would be like learning to appreciate your own flatulence, but it's still not something I want to do.

Rats... I forgot to mention that this wasn't my picture at all. :doh: It was just a really nice one from a Google Search. I wish it was mine, though. :)
Actually you didn't forget to mention it. I forgot to read it. :eek:

Found this lil snake sun bathing in the middle of the fairway on hole 6 at Renaissance.

Attachments

• 2012-03-13 13.12.18.jpg
    2012-03-13 13.12.18.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 140
Sadly no pic...

I was playing Clark Centennial Park in Longmont, Co on Easter. Just a 9 hole local course in the middle of town. Not the kind of shared park you would expect to see a huge frikkin' Bald Eagle swoop down and grab a fish out of the city pump-house's reservoir!

It's a fenced in 20 foot cesspool, and pretty gross. Thing is, it was Easter and the park was FULL of people. After plucking out the fish, th Eagle flew 20 feet off the deck the entire length of the course. The whole place was stunned and staring at what had just happened. Awesome!

Sadly, that was the only eagle I saw on the course that day...

I once came up on a 7 foot king snake at my local course in Rocklin, ca. Was coming up the fairway on 5 and he's right there. Didn't want him to get hurt from someone being stupid so I picked him up and had to carry him way back out in the field. He was probably 12 to 15 inches at his thickest point and I held him up next to me and his tail was still on the ground. When I was carrying him back out to the field had to pass 4 where a group was playing I walked by with my bag and a giant ass snake wrapped all around me and they looked at me like wtf!? Also caught another king snake using the Australian method on the fairway of 18 same course. Put him where people wouldn't hurt him as well. He was only 5 feet though.

Latest posts