• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Cro Vs Shark

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Anyone have any Pros or Cons on each disc. I am using the Cro right now, but I have heard good things about the Shark.

I retired my sharks long ago, for me they were too understable, I replaced them with the cro and really like its smaller diameter. I can throw the cro with lots of power and still hold a nice line. That being said, some fellow golfers throw their sharks really well.

Sorry man, don't know anything about the shark, I haven't thrown one, but I have a Cro, and it is AWESOME! Very dependable, love the smaller diameter, and the disc has a nice, gentle hyzer.

Mine is DX.

I just got a Cro and I have only field thrown it so far, and I like what I have seen. It seems pretty predictable so far, so I am going to course test it tomorrow.

I use my DX Shark for long putts outside 50-60 ft with moderate success. The positives about the Shark are that is a good, straight mid range disc that can glide right into the basket. A very dependable disc in that regard.

Although, I have found that it doesn't like wind and can be overthrown easily on any day.

I only use it sparingly because I prefer to forehand my upshots with a Drone becauseI lack accuracy with my backhand game. .

I do carry the Shark every round, I just may need a 60 footer to keep in the game or a rescue shot!

I rate the Shark as a 7.75 out of 10.00 on a grading scale.

the shark was one of my first disc and it is very reliable. it also holds it characteristics much longer. the cro i havent thrown at all but let me know how it turns out.

I use my DX Shark for long putts outside 50-60 ft with moderate success. The positives about the Shark are that is a good, straight mid range disc that can glide right into the basket. A very dependable disc in that regard.

Although, I have found that it doesn't like wind and can be overthrown easily on any day.

I only use it sparingly because I prefer to forehand my upshots with a Drone becauseI lack accuracy with my backhand game. .

I do carry the Shark every round, I just may need a 60 footer to keep in the game or a rescue shot!

I rate the Shark as a 7.75 out of 10.00 on a grading scale.

Anything under 150ft-30ft I use my Soft Magnet, so I was looking for something for shots 160-225.

I prefer the Cro. I've got both but don't carry the Shark in my bag. The Cro is nice for complement to the Roc - it's range is a little shorter but it throws real straight and has a predictable fade. The smaller diameter makes it a nice disc to throw on tight, wooded holes as well.

The Shark is too understable for me. There's nothing I could do with it that I couldn't do with the Cro or Roc.

I have and throw both.

The shark is champion plastic and is a bit slower so it is easier to turn over. It is also rated higher is glide. I use it to throw a 200 or so foot annie or if I need something that will stay afloat just a little longer. I have also used it for long putts in the past but now use my aero for that. It is also great for an occasional scoobie.

My cro is my favorite disc and is star plastic. It is deadly straight and just fast enough for me to not turn it over on 150 to 225 feet throws. Because it likes to go straight I use it for a lot for my up shots over 100 feet. Also if I have a very long putt I want to go for I will use this and have had decent success with that.

They both have their place. I have found the best way to go is try them both and if it dosn't suit you trade it or save in your bag for a friend to use their first time out.

Thought of something else.

I have and throw both.

The shark is champion plastic and is a bit slower so it is easier to turn over. It is also rated higher is glide. I use it to throw a 200 or so foot annie or if I need something that will stay afloat just a little longer. I have also used it for long putts in the past but now use my aero for that. It is also great for an occasional scoobie.

My cro is my favorite disc and is star plastic. It is deadly straight and just fast enough for me to not turn it over on 150 to 225 feet throws. Because it likes to go straight I use it for a lot for my up shots over 100 feet. Also if I have a very long putt I want to go for I will use this and have had decent success with that.

They both have their place. I have found the best way to go is try them both and if it dosn't suit you trade it or save in your bag for a friend to use their first time out.

Also the shark is not designed to be understable but slightly overstable. It is simply a very slow (speed 4) disc and is, therefore, very easy to turn over. Giving it the feel of being understable. That is why it is great for easy anhyzer throws.

It is a good anny disc - in fact I lost mine in a lake yesterday because it got way more anny than I had intended. I thought that the 150g discs were supposed to float???

The 175 Lightning #2 Driver will float and so will the 175 Hydra. The Hydra makes a great Mid/putter around water.

I can confirm on the Hydra floating - have one and it floats. I never throw it, but we tested it in the bathtub :eek: I gave it to my daughter and she carries it in her bag, but she never throws it either. No comment here on the flight characteristics (don't know what they are) - we bought it when we were newbies and it's just way to heavy for either of us (180g).

I throw a Shark on a 150ft upshot when I want good, solid, strait line. It's my "putter plus" disc. Never thrown a Cro, so can't comment there. Maybe I'll "take one for a spin" sometime soon. Pun intended. Sorry (again).

I can confirm on the Hydra floating - have one and it floats. I never throw it, but we tested it in the bathtub :eek: I gave it to my daughter and she carries it in her bag, but she never throws it either. No comment here on the flight characteristics (don't know what they are) - we bought it when we were newbies and it's just way to heavy for either of us (180g).

If you have any baskets that are right next to water, the Hydra makes a great Approach/putter. I find it to be slightly overstable. It also putts really well.

I haven't thrown the Cro but I have a champion shark that I use as my primary midrange and it seems to hold a line well and I find I can turn it right or left (RHBH).

Don't know about the Shark, since the one I got in my starter pack a couple of years ago got lost very quickly. I remember liking it at the time, but I haven't bought one since.

As for the Cro, I find it's got a fairly predictable fade, but if you try to throw it 250' or more, you're likely to turn it over. One of my favorite recent uses for it is the tomahawk approach. It's been gradually replacing my Coyote for those shots, though my Coyote may be a little underweight for my current game. I don't know about the Shark, but I tend to think of my Cro as a smaller, more stable Coyote.

Midnight, being a "soft disc" fan you will like this, Innova has JUST released and had it this W/E at the tourney....An R-Pro Cro. So, you will almost have the same feel of a soft magnet, in a midrange disc. It will also tend to grab more when it lands. I have a star cro currently, and did like it, but I also carry a spider, and the two were VERY similar, since I'v had my spider, and use it often, and knew it better, I took out the cro. But now that they have the softer version, I may go with that and replace the spider. I was going to get that with some of my prize $$, but had to replace my Champ. teebird that went into the creek during the downpour that we played in during the last round.

Yeah, I'm definitely in the Shark camp. It's neat because you can torque it hard and get it to turn over, but you can also use it like a putter for hard hitting from close in. Cro's and Rocs have always seemed interesting to me, tho. I just haven't found a spot for them yet.

I use my DX Shark for long putts outside 50-60 ft with moderate success. The positives about the Shark are that is a good, straight mid range disc that can glide right into the basket.

You might make more putts if you use a putter. This might be the worst disc to putt with. It's a highly popular turnover disc.

I don't own a Cro or Shark, nothing I can do with them that I can't do with my Roc.