• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dallas, TX

GriffinFit

There is a course in Plano on Legacy Dr.
Its on the headquarters of Frito-Lay.
18 holes, beautiful, beautiful course.
Why isn't it in the directory?

Does anyone know it's open to the public? If it is, I'd be willing to go do the recon.

I used Google Maps to view the area and I could not see tee pads or baskets, but that could just be old sat. photos.

I think I remember Timg saying that they contacted him and asked him to remove it since the course is only open to Frito Lays employees and their guests.

I think I remember Timg saying that they contacted him and asked him to remove it since the course is only open to Frito Lays employees and their guests.

Darn it! Foiled (or is it soiled) again!?!?!?

Yes, it is a private course, however, I haven't heard of anyone getting booted off for not being an employee or an employee's guest.

Next time I play it, I'll be sure to take pictures and put it in the directory.
I've played it twice.
Its a private course, but they don't mind freelancer discgolfers. Just no drinking or smoking [greenery] on the course.
First 9 holes are fairly open, nice long drives with a hill next to a pond.
Back 9 are rough terrain through a valley formed by a creek.

yea dont add it, it might as well be considered a private course...trust me they will kick you off the course

If you can find a relative of someone, who does work there, then they can allow you to play. You just have to know somebody who can vouch for you if the security comes to say hello. I'm lucky & won't say his name, and we've throw Pepsi several times. It's unusual, challenging and fantastic fun. Wish we knew who designed it, because they truly utilized the available slopes, open spaces and creek to full advantage. You will need to be a mid level thrower to complete the course. I understand it being private, and we need to respect that, but is certainly is a great course.

There were posts a while back on the local disc golf facebook page, they'll kick you off in a heart beat. I used to work for Frito Lay in Dallas several years back, and if their security is as tight as it was back then, they won't think twice about making you leave.

Latest posts