• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dart Fans Post Here!

There were some super soft gummy, almost FLX type champ darts made a while back. You see one on ebay every once and a while.

The 'gumminess' of the Star Dart decreases with weight, and the Echo Star plastic is less gummy as well. My 169g Star Dart is soft enough to sometimes go right through the basket cage, while my 172g Star Dart is much firmer. I've also thrown 175g Echo Star ones, and they're even firmer. Maybe try a 175g Echo Star?

echo star is much more firm than regular star. almost dx stiff, but still throws identical

yeah those ebay ones are the JO CFR's I mentioned in op...all weigh less than 160g

Thanks Ben Calhoun @ disgrus site for this:

goblin-
21,2 cm
Maximum weight 176,0 gram
Height 2,2 cm
Rim depth 1,3 cm
Inside rim diameter 19,3 cm
Rim thickness 1,3 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio 6,6 %
Rim configuration ratio 44,25
Flexibility rating 7,26

dart-
21,2 cm
Maximum weight 176,0 gram
Height 2,2 cm
Rim depth 1,4 cm
Inside rim diameter 18,8 cm
Rim thickness 1,2 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio 6,6 %
Rim configuration ratio 38,00
Flexibility rating 5,10

two extremely similar but not the same disc, repackaged

Found it here:
http://www.discgolfersr.us/forum/topics/mako-vs-coyote

Last edited:
Innova says (via email today) that Champ Darts will be produced as CFR's only unless demand is high enough to warrant a regular production run.

yea i would love to toss a Champ Dart... i love my R-Pro for approaches and short drives just with the heat around here they just get to soft sometimes thats why i got the Pro but i still havent thrown a Star yet

good god, can you imagine the dome on a champ dart?! :eek:

You called it...

Got two 'Char' darts; Champ/Star transitionals. They are indeed the domey-est putters on our earth.

Haven't thrown them much yet to see if they fly awright.

Yay for searching.

Who else has some dart love,I think it's a very underrated driving putter,especially in star plastic,It has surprisingly little turn,or at least I thought it would have a lot more,mine seems to go straight as an arrow :).

I use an R-Pro Dart. Even have a couple of backups!
Great for lazer straight approaches, anny, hyzer lines.
The grippiness and flexibility are awesome!

I used one for a little bit a couple years ago. Never really liked the way it felt in my hand. I need a putter with a bead.

I have an Echo Star Dart and swear by it. Use it on long putts and for occasional driving duties on straight, short holes.

I know lithicon bombs those things like ~350'

That's a pretty sexy number for a dart,I think i'm starting to get towards the mid to upper 200's with them,I'm still trying to figure out how much height to give them.

I'm still trying to figure out how much height to give them.

Not that much really. Darts throw pretty much like a midrange. I guess if yours starts to get flippy you could let it ride a little more. I threw an R Pro for a while and liked it. They just stay in the air and go straight for a long time.

Not that much really. Darts throw pretty much like a midrange. I guess if yours starts to get flippy you could let it ride a little more. I threw an R Pro for a while and liked it. They just stay in the air and go straight for a long time.

yep. this is what i learned in lithicon's bag thread. that and that they are basically a retooled goblin, which was previously a mid.

what do you guys think about the dart as a first time disc? they could putt, approach, and drive with it, and not have to worry about disc selection. Just wipe the stamp and tell them it is an 'all purpose disc', so they don't have the need to be macho and throw the sickest driver in production

Think of it as a slow mid-range rather than a putter. It's speed is much more similar to a roc than an aviar IMHO.

It's a pretty good disc for a one-disc tourney though. My problem is I liked more traditional mid-ranges for mid shots and I prefer a real putter for putting. So there really wasn't a place for it in my bag.