• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dart Fans Post Here!

BirdieMachine-You should try the EchoStar Dart for driving. I like the stiffer plastic when driving, I can put more power on it. Was glad to see Nate Sexton put an EchoStar Dart in the bag this year.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but this disc is amazing! I bought a Dart a while back, to try as a putter, and I wasn't a fan. It tended to roll away on almost every miss, so I stopped using it. When I started doing form work over the winter, I was throwing it along with all my other putters. Once my form started coming together, I began to notice how well the Dart worked as an approach disc, and for drives off the tee. So, I began to bag it and use it during rounds, and boy, what a game changer it has become for me! It is now hands down my favorite disc in my bag! I love how it feels in my hand, love the dead straight flight with that very minimal fade, so easy to shape many lines with it! Can't wait to stock up & try out other plastics!

Necro;

As an admitted fanboi of Sexton, I grabbed a Supreme Flight Nate Sexton signature R-Pro Dart. Holy crap! How did I go almost 14 years not bagging these things! It immediately kicked my Novas out of the bag. Not only does the plastic feel way better than XT and (although domey) it feels much better in the hand than the deep dish pizza Novas, it flies FANTASTICALLY! Dead straight, barely any fade, glide for years, and ultimate control. Wow. Just wow. I'm floored by how this thing goes. As a driver, it's so easy to throw right at the basket and watch it never leave it's line, or throw high turnovers and just watch the thing float away. As a putter, I throw it nose up and the thing seeks chains like nothing I've ever thrown. It leaves your hand and goes exactly where you're pointing.

I've had it for about two weeks now and last night, during a league 3-disc Challenge, I hit an ace on a 228' hole. Unfortunately, it was when we were walking back to the parking lot and playing extra holes after we'd finished our round, so it didn't count for my score... But still an ace!

TL;DR - Darts are the bee's knees!

Darts are one of those rare discs that are neutral fliers at 40'-300'+. Ranging the Dart can be tricky at first. I think I'll throw one in my bag for the next round.

Last edited:
I wish they would be made in a more durable plastic, as well, mine is so beat in now, its only useful for approach anni lines

Although I did record an ace with it, before it got beat in-

Great disc, almost a mid, and a fab straight line putter

They make champion, gstar, and echo star darts. I've heard the echo stars are pretty neutral, but don't know about the others.

Premium darts do exist tho

I have a Star Dart. Very, VERY neutral.

It was just knocked out of my bag by a Star Foxbat, which I swear is just like a Dart, but handles higher speed without anhyzering. Same Glide, same straight. But to be absolutely fair, the Foxbat does have just a touch of fade, where the Dart goes dead straight if you throw it right.

I like the Dart a lot. I just find the Foxbat to be a bit more useful for the space in my bag.

Understand that my opinion may change without warning, and i may start bagging the Dart again.

After falling in love with the Sexton R-Pro Dart, I can confirm, they wear pretty quick. However, I hate G-Star and am not a huge fan of Champion. I might try an Echo. My dream at this moment would be an XT or Star Dart. XT will still wear, but not chunk as much as the rubber pro. A few tree kicks and I'm already seeing some gouges, however the flight hasn't changed. Maybe I should just get a stack of R-Pro.

Might have to email John Tompkins and see if he's planning to do another run of the Sexton Signature Supreme Flight Darts and request a stack of pink.

I picked up a DX Dart yesterday, after reading Reniger's post on another thread, and got to throw it around at my nearby 9-hole course. It did exactly what I bought it for. I was looking for a new approach disc to replace my Nova that was a different mold than my putting putters. It flew exactly where I threw it, although I may have thrown it the wrong direction once or twice. But, it still went where it was thrown and was forgiving of bad throws also. However, one thing I would like to see is a Dart with a bead. I find mids and putters with beads more comfortable. Still, I'll play it another few rounds and do some side-by-side comparison with my other approach discs, but right now it looks like the Dart is going to find a place in my bag.

After falling in love with the Sexton R-Pro Dart, I can confirm, they wear pretty quick. However, I hate G-Star and am not a huge fan of Champion. I might try an Echo. My dream at this moment would be an XT or Star Dart. XT will still wear, but not chunk as much as the rubber pro. A few tree kicks and I'm already seeing some gouges, however the flight hasn't changed. Maybe I should just get a stack of R-Pro.

Might have to email John Tompkins and see if he's planning to do another run of the Sexton Signature Supreme Flight Darts and request a stack of pink.

Star darts exist. I own one, but honestly prefer throwing my dx. And XT darts have been available in the innova pro shop for a while
http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/sxtpro-dt.html

R-pro darts can be really floppy to pretty stiff, it's crazy the variance in R-pro plastic. The first dart I bought was an R-pro max weight but was really soft and floppy. It was so understable I had to hyzer flip it to the max to get it to fly straight. That worked well but it wasn't what I was looking for so I got rid of it and picked up a very firm gstar dart. Huge difference, I can throw it flat with power and it flies great, straight with some predictable fade at the end.

I just switched to putting with Darts and I found this thread. Is this where all the Dart throwers hang? :cool:

Switching to Darts has just dramatically improved my game! Can we get some Dart love back on the thread? :hfive:

No? No Dart love? :confused: It can't possibly just be me and Nate Sexton. :|
I went through a Dart phase for my approach/driving putters. I liked the R-Pro for short approaches that needed to hit/stick. I even liked my Champion Dart for straight drives off the tee. I took them out because they're touchy in the wind. They tend to have big domes so that isn't ideal in any wind that isn't a tail wind. I will say my farthest putter drive ever in a tailwind was with a Dart though. I prefer the Nova over any Dart nowadays. A local guy who plays open (970+ rated if I remember correctly) putts with R-Pro Darts & he is an amazing putter. He uses Darts for short drives as well. It's pretty cool to see what he can do with Darts.

I have an R-Pro Dart in my practice putter stack. It used to be a favorite for putting, because the soft plastic grabbed chains nicely, but R-Pro Polecats and Blowflys have nudged it out. I do now bag a Star Dart most of the time for when I need something neutral that is longer than the Polecat, but shorter than a Mako or Axis. Lately I've been finding it to be better than my Z Comet for anhyzer approaches.

...I even liked my Champion Dart for straight drives off the tee...

I do now bag a Star Dart most of the time for when I need something neutral that is longer than the Polecat, but shorter than a Mako or Axis.

This is something i wanted to bring up also, im really excited about the dart because it also makes for a comfortable driving putter. It's almost like throwing a baby mako3. My last putter mold of choice wasnt comfortable to throw at all, so i only used it for putting. Now, ive free'd up a spot in my bag by using my darts to hold my straight mid range slot.

Something about how i can see the dart stablize in the air has givien me new 3 dimensional insight as to how to hit gaps on putts and let the disc take itself to the basket. I used to putt from myself to the basket, now all i do is hit a 2ft gap halfway between myself and the basket and the disc carries itself.

Whole new world of putting visualisation. :cool:

Latest posts