• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg Putting Clinic on Youtube

How did you downloadi it to your computer?

If you watch this video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1335809/download_any_streaming_video_for_free/

it will show you how to do it. It's actually an MP4, so I don't even have to convert it to get it onto my mp3 player. It is 250mb so it take a long time to download, at least here at my work where internet download speeds rival a 28K modem. I suppose it could also be the hosts upload speed, or if other people are downloading it too. There's also a nice youtube downloader he recommends at the end of the video.

On a side note, I went out and played three rounds of DG over the weekend, and just using a handful of tips from that video, my putting was improved. I had been front rimming a lot of putts and his advice to keep the nose up really helped as I did not front rim one like I usually would in the 15 or so foot range. I can't quite get the pushing motion down, but I've changed my stance to his and that's helped out as well.

If you watch this video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1335809/download_any_streaming_video_for_free/

it will show you how to do it. It's actually an MP4, so I don't even have to convert it to get it onto my mp3 player. It is 250mb so it take a long time to download, at least here at my work where internet download speeds rival a 28K modem. I suppose it could also be the hosts upload speed, or if other people are downloading it too. There's also a nice youtube downloader he recommends at the end of the video.

Thanks for posting that link. I got the youtube downloader to work, but not the firefox addon thing. I didn't get the same pop up boxes that he did.

Anyone have any success with his push-putting technique in windy situations? I like it for its accuracy, but I live in Oklahoma and when I tried it while playing this last weekend, the wind played absolute havoc on my accuracy. With no spin, the discs were just giant sails flying through the air.

I don't know. After watching those I was watching a ton of other videos and saw almost every pro putting some sort of spin on the disc during putting, even when 10 feet out.

with that link you can do a "save source" if you have the pro version of quicktime. im half tempted to throw up a rapidshare file of it if the interest is out there.

I've been practicing this push putt and I need some advice on it. I can't seem to get the disc to fly right. In the video he says not to try to spin the disc, is the push supposed to spin it? I mean its gotta spin right?

He mentions that the wrist will be slightly off-center/cocked, just like the front plant foot. I believe that the distance traveled between being slightly cocked to the finishing "handshake motion" delivers the *small* amount of spin that is needed to keep the disc in flight and stable(not wobbling). You're not trying to spin it, it's more just a result of your hand opening.
You might also think of it in driving terms. You don't purposefully cock your wrist; the motion of your body should drag your wrist back and then at "the hit" your wrist snaps back forward.
That was how I interpreted it at least...I'm still trying to learn too, so maybe someone can expound on or refute the above.

in the vid dave mentions eye dominance.... and explains to everyone how to compensate for distance based on your dominant eye. Which is all well and good because most people are right handed and right eye dominant.

Turns out that im right handed and left eye dominant. which means that i line up with my back eye..

any thoughts on where i should aim.???

I figured out I was left eye dominant while being right handed last summer so i've been aiming a bit at the inner chains to the right and it has helped get my putts on the pole.

Finally got around to watching this and I'm glad I did. Dave's straight-forward presentation style was really helpful. I'm going into the basement right now to try it out a few hundred times.

I have been practicing this putt also. When I release the disc it is usually wobbly. If it isn't wobbly the nose is pointed down. I have been getting good results with a hybrid, keeping my arm straight but putting a little spin on it.