• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, maybe.

The thing is, they all want more money to be in the sport. So if you want more money in a sport, you want more eyes on you. Plain and simple. So while I understand that we are a huge pain in their ass, Pro disc golfers have to understand that a bunch of weirdoes on the Interwebz that actually give a crap that Dave Feldberg is no longer with Innova is a good sign in the great grand scheme of wanting more money in the sport. It shows that we care, and we have to care if they are ever going to make any money.

So they can either get on the Interwebz and feed the beast, or ignore it and the beast will do what the beast does when it is hungry. In our case, it's make up ridiculous crap and then speculating for days about more ridiculous crap that might happen due to the ridiculous crap we made up in the first place. "Welcome to DGCR. We have a sticked thread waiting for you. You might as well claim it; if you don't we will just talk **** about you behind your back."

Boom! :thmbup: LOL! Couldn't agree more with this!

Last edited:
dave is human great golfer great ambassador for the sport. He is allowed to be human. I would say professionalism during competition is whatever, everyone has a bad round, this guy represents the sport well. I hope he makes some good decisions about HIS future and continues to help propel this sport.

Humans are full of faults, however just being faulted doesnt excuse the faults. Ask for forgiveness, change, work hard to better your image and you will be forgiven... Its no ones right to be forgiven or trusted, you have to work for it.

Since Big Jerm posted himself that he's focusing on controlling this kind of behavior, I'd say 2013 is the year this becomes true.

He didn't start that off well with his FB post the other day.

okay so he is not the coach for the ducks. when did he stop? the person who confirmed this said he has not been the coach for a while now. how long is a while? This creates another curio in the ether.

okay so he is not the coach for the ducks. when did he stop? the person who confirmed this said he has not been the coach for a while now. how long is a while? This creates another curio in the ether.

that was emilio esteves!:)

Well I recently found out that Dave refused to pay the entry fees at a local tournament during the NSDG tour. His excuse was that the tour brought more exposure to his already well established tourney. So they shouldn't have to pay the entry fees. They skipped town but their cameraman forgot some equipment. The TD told Dave he'd send out the equipment once he received his check for Dave, will and cale's entry.

I believe it was eventually taken care of but what if the camera guy hadn't forgotten some of his stuff?

I should say I have great respect for Dave Feldberg the player, but have lost respect for him as a person. And sometimes its difficult to separate the two.

Not to get on the Dave bashing bandwagon, but...

The St. Louis DG Club paid the NSDG tour guys to show up for our annual A-Tier (STL Open). I believe it was $500. This paid for their attendance and a free clinic that they would put on Saturday night. We also made up flyers and promoted their "Flight School", which was a pay clinic on Thursday night. I believe the 25 or so people that attended paid around $30 to participate, which included a throw analysis from Dave himself. We even took them all to a baseball game at Busch stadium in some primo seats. There was serious hopes for them to put on a disc golf demonstration before the game on the field, but the hockey playoffs had the promotions company tied up and they had to can the plans. In any event, everything was going great until Dave stated that his chronic back issues were going to keep him from playing early in the week. We thought it was odd that he waited so long to inform us, but agreed that simply putting on the free clinic Saturday night would be good enough. Without really telling anyone, right after the pay clinic, Dave hitched a ride to the airport to go down to Texas to get some "work" done on his back. There wasn't much we could do, so we just ensured that Nikko, Cale, and Will would pick up his slack. As it turns out, Dave played in "The Heist" tournament down there and took first place. Back emergency my arse! I do not like Dave anymore...

Not to get on the Dave bashing bandwagon, but...

The St. Louis DG Club paid the NSDG tour guys to show up for our annual A-Tier (STL Open). I believe it was $500. This paid for their attendance and a free clinic that they would put on Saturday night. We also made up flyers and promoted their "Flight School", which was a pay clinic on Thursday night. I believe the 25 or so people that attended paid around $30 to participate, which included a throw analysis from Dave himself. We even took them all to a baseball game at Busch stadium in some primo seats. There was serious hopes for them to put on a disc golf demonstration before the game on the field, but the hockey playoffs had the promotions company tied up and they had to can the plans. In any event, everything was going great until Dave stated that his chronic back issues were going to keep him from playing early in the week. We thought it was odd that he waited so long to inform us, but agreed that simply putting on the free clinic Saturday night would be good enough. Without really telling anyone, right after the pay clinic, Dave hitched a ride to the airport to go down to Texas to get some "work" done on his back. There wasn't much we could do, so we just ensured that Nikko, Cale, and Will would pick up his slack. As it turns out, Dave played in "The Heist" tournament down there and took first place. Back emergency my arse! I do not like Dave anymore...

He lost to Brad.....btw....and was not happy with the event!

He should have read my posts.......that event was never going to have $10,000 added as advertised.

Especially to see some of the "pros" on here spouting off is pretty pathetic and I think they should be ashamed of themselves. If you're a pro......act like one.

that would be nice to see with some consistency!

He lost to Brad.....btw....and was not happy with the event!

He should have read my posts.......that event was never going to have $10,000 added as advertised.

Either way, he basically flipped St. Louis the bird...take the money then run and hide.

BTW - Nikko, Cale, and Will were absolutely AWESOME! I know that there were a bunch of people upset that they didn't get to watch/meet Dave, but the other NSDG members made up for it. Those 3 will always be welcome back in St. Louis!

Last edited:
wow def some dave bashing here, but i think i seen more vids of him teaching than playing so im all for the guy. I bet tiger and rory and lebron and those guys are all DBs too. Im in the corner of anyone who wants to help grow the sport, once we get it rolling the DBs will get isolated and shunned

Either way, he basically flipped St. Louis the bird...take the money then run and hide.

BTW - Nikko, Cale, and Will were absolutely AWESOME! I know that there were a bunch of people upset that they didn't get to watch/meet Dave, but the other NSDG members made up for it. Those 3 will always be welcome back in St. Louis!

Just take solace in the fact things did not go as planned for Dave.....that tournament was basically a bait and switch.

It flat out baffles my mind that anyone would pay someone or a group of players to come to their event.

If my hard work in promoting the event, doing all the crap needed to put on the event, raising money for the event and all of that isn't enough to get them to come, I should have no issues finding someone else who will show up.

Now when I ran a huge event near worlds last summer and had guys like Dave and other traveling guys here, was I happy that they came? Of course. Did I try to make sure they had places to stay and not pay for hotels and all of that? Of course. Did I put some of them up at my house? Of course. Did I care that a certain few told me they were coming and didn't? Not in the least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.