• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DDO 2023

There are courses built for those players and more on the way. The reason they go to golf courses is partially for challenge, but primarily for infrastructure for both broadcast and spectators.

And there was a lot of stellar disc golf played this weekend...just not entertaining to stay with it for 4 hours.

Oh look--a 500' hyzer FH. And another. And another. And another.

On that subject, I was thinking Tamm has one of the most impressive FH's on the tour--which he does, but Parker can make it fly. I would be concerned that he's going to have similar issues with his shoulder as Eagle with the way he torques the disc.

And there was a lot of stellar disc golf played this weekend...just not entertaining to stay with it for 4 hours.

Oh look--a 500' hyzer FH. And another. And another. And another.

On that subject, I was thinking Tamm has one of the most impressive FH's on the tour--which he does, but Parker can make it fly. I would be concerned that he's going to have similar issues with his shoulder as Eagle with the way he torques the disc.

Tamm's is the single most impressive to me due to the economy of motion. It looks like he should be able to do it for a long time. Parker's was super impressive as well, particularly the 2 approaches I saw on hole 8. How it works out for longevity is a different issue- pretty sure he is older than Eagle.

sorry to say it, but the pro tour is going to continue to feature more ball golf courses. I just don't see a world where regular bro disc golf course design is going to be sustainable as a pro tour product. does a new tier of player need to evolve? Maybe a bronze tour? Where there are intermediate players, or MP40+ who compete? That might work. Premium place, sub premium players...

Not necessarily. The ball golf courses are a bet on the profitability of DGN subscriptions and spectator attendance. They have not yet demonstrated sustainability though they may in the future. In the meantime it's running on the largesse of everyone's favorite transphobic millionaire.

What TD other than Nate Heinhold is turning a meaningful profit on a pro tour event? Granted Eureka and DGLO are pretty visible, but the real $$ is from the manufacturer tie-ins and amateur opportunities, not DGN or attendee tickets.

Tamm's is the single most impressive to me due to the economy of motion. It looks like he should be able to do it for a long time. Parker's was super impressive as well, particularly the 2 approaches I saw on hole 8. How it works out for longevity is a different issue- pretty sure he is older than Eagle.

Yes. I think Tamm has the most easy distance I've seen, both FH and BH. Not that he's not throwing hard.

I thought they said Parker is 18 yo.