• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DDO 2023

A birdie doesn't always have to be available and still be a par 3. Just like every par 3 isn't ace-able.

True but the hole only had 23% pars in FPO. .

I did not see the MPO round but i would guess that most MPO take the straight line over the OB and most FPO just dont have a 400ft straight shot and "have to" go the intended line and have that HUGE tree in the fairway.. . i think H King tried the "over the OB line" and i hurt her score

True but the hole only had 23% pars in FPO. .

I did not see the MPO round but i would guess that most MPO take the straight line over the OB and most FPO just dont have a 400ft straight shot and "have to" go the intended line and have that HUGE tree in the fairway.. . i think H King tried the "over the OB line" and i hurt her score

The hole also plays really long. I've watched a few practice rounds and heard people rangefinding it at like 420-460', looks uphill too. Seen some of the lower power MPO players coming up short and only the bombers parking it.

It wouldn't surprise me if you needed 380' power in the air just to clear the OB. Which is like Ella and Holyn, maybe Hailey (at that tourney).

That hole 13. . HOW did they think any FPO player could birdy that hole. . thats has to be one of the hardest par 3s i have seen

Through the first two rounds FPO#13 played as a par 4 right on the nose; not leaning to either the easy side of par 4 nor the hard side of par 4.

Watched FPO rd 1 on Jomez, and Kristin didn't look very Kristin-like, leaving several strokes on the course. She shot a stroke worse rd 2, and she's still only 2 strokes off the lead.

I have a feeling she'll put up a great round tomorrow, but with three women tied for 1st, she might have to play near flawlessly to win this thing.

Last edited:
Watched FPO rd 1 on Jomez, and Kristin didn't look very Kristin-like, leaving several strokes on the course. She shot a stroke worse rd 2, and she's still only 2 strokes off the lead.

I have a feeling she'll put up a great round tomorrow, but with three women tied for 1st, she might have to play near flawlessly to win this thing.

KT did not play at her best but had a disaster hole 13, looked as the disc slipped out of her hands and after that the hole was impossible to even bogey….if not for that she would be in the lead

She has always had a funky forehand style. Despite the accident, she still finished 1 stroke out of the 1st place, and would have won easily. Paige Pierce even indicated that Sarah should have won the tournament.

I don't believe the accident had any influence on her forehand style, either at that tourney or after the tourney. She just has a funky forehand style, lol.

I'm pretty sure she was on her way to the final round of Worlds when she was rear-ended at speed. She was held at the accident and missed her tee time. She talks about it in the podcast The Flight Diary. It's a good listen.

Last edited:
The course it OK. It's visually appealing, although the OB lines are difficult to determine when watching live coverage.

The one thing that really gives this course teeth - the wind - has been absent so far this weekend. It makes a difference between 11 down and 4 down.

H King really looks like she hates playing. .and Ellas putting is falling apart.

Looks like a 3 woman race. . should be a fun B9

Great finish to final round, very disappointing 1st playoff hole - hole 16. You have to give yourself a chance. Especially after missing it in regulation. Either way both players put on a great show. Holyn's Eagle on hole 18 was super clutch.

Parker Welck, round 2, hole 8, covers 960' with 2 forehands. The first is a flex anhyzer, and the second a hyzer flip. Wow! It's almost a weekly occurrence to see another new player who just crushes. I am both impressed and ready to give up the game.

Great finish to final round, very disappointing 1st playoff hole - hole 16. You have to give yourself a chance. Especially after missing it in regulation. Either way both players put on a great show. Holyn's Eagle on hole 18 was super clutch.

That eagle was clutch for sure, but Holyn has had a late lead 2 or 3 times recently and has choked each time.

I really want to see her win, but so far she has cracked under the pressure.

Parker Welck, round 2, hole 8, covers 960' with 2 forehands. The first is a flex anhyzer, and the second a hyzer flip. Wow! It's almost a weekly occurrence to see another new player who just crushes. I am both impressed and ready to give up the game.

He did it again in round 3. First drive OB, then bombed a forehand hyzer into circle one to have a putt for birdie.

I'd hate playing disc golf in Emporia too

This tournament had interesting/close competition, but obviously was lacking in overall excitement and interest.

Barely any spectators, so might need to look at bringing back the AM's.

The powers that be in Emporia have to notice a difference and might be questioning the future of the event, especially after news of DD selling.

This tournament had interesting/close competition, but obviously was lacking in overall excitement and interest.

Barely any spectators, so might need to look at bringing back the AM's.

The powers that be in Emporia have to notice a difference and might be questioning the future of the event, especially after news of DD selling.

It would be interesting to know the sales figures for spectator tickets at all of this year's events. They have seemed to me to be down in general. Obviously this event had way more when the Am weekend was the same as the Pro.

The courses on the protour doesn`t represent disc golf, atleast as i know it ( and many others here i believe ). The silver events represents disc golf better. Growing the sport has grown me into stopping watching pro disc golf.

straight up

i tried to watch the "highlights" and couldnt do it

in addition i hate the "lack of score separation to create last hole drama" type courses

Emporia can never win, April has too much wind so move it to June with no wind. ECC is too long and boring so they make a few more difficult holes and people complain. Jones Supreme was too hard so they don't even use it and it gets pulled and set back to Jones East and West. The event gets moved to June separate from the AM event in April and people complain that no one is there to spectate. I strongly dislike ball golf courses for disc golf purposes as much as most people, but ECC isn't as bad as the Vegas courses (to watch on coverage) and isn't even close to as nice to watch as the pacific northwest courses. I wouldn't hate it if DDO went back to Olpe Lake and retired ECC.