• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Deer Lakes or Moraine? which course should I play?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I ended up picking Moriane because it was closer to the highway and we had time constraints. Unfortunately due to time constraints I only had time for 1 round which sucked because I always feel like the first round playing a new course is just a feeler because you don't know what hazards to watch out for or which lines work best but all in all a VERY nice course. It was very well maintained, very well marked, great tee pads and signs and a beautiful park. The rough didn't punish me too bad except for #16 that I shanked off the tee. Other then that no issues.

When you guys play do you play all par 3's? I played off the blue (middle tee's) and found some of the par 4 and 5's should only be 3 or 4's imho. Maybe the par 4's and 5's are only from the long tee's?

Glad you had a good time!

The par is set on with each tee color corresponding to the PDGA rating, and has been validated pretty well through many tournaments. The blue tees are designed around the skill of a 950-rated player, and there shouldn't be too much of a gray area. Gold is 1000-rated.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I ended up picking Moriane because it was closer to the highway and we had time constraints. Unfortunately due to time constraints I only had time for 1 round which sucked because I always feel like the first round playing a new course is just a feeler because you don't know what hazards to watch out for or which lines work best but all in all a VERY nice course. It was very well maintained, very well marked, great tee pads and signs and a beautiful park. The rough didn't punish me too bad except for #16 that I shanked off the tee. Other then that no issues.

When you guys play do you play all par 3's? I played off the blue (middle tee's) and found some of the par 4 and 5's should only be 3 or 4's imho. Maybe the par 4's and 5's are only from the long tee's?

I win! with my suggestion and reason. Hopefully I am not called a question bagger, and have to move up to answering tougher questions.