• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DeLaveaga Thurs. 12/15

InnocentCrook

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'm heading to San Fran tomorrow with my wife. We'll be hanging out in the city a bit, doing some site seeing, and hitting up Golden Gate Park. I've played there before, but want to get one more round in before we move back home to Cincinnati. After dinner in the city we're gonna drive down to Santa Cruz.

I plan on playing DeLa on the morning of the 15th. Probably around 10am-ish. Anything I need to know regarding the course, parking, or anything else? Figure if I'm in NorCal, I can't pass up playing this one.

Anyone out there want to meet up and play guide?

Thanks.

Nothing special to know. Parking will not be a problem on Thursday morning, but it will cost you $2. The 1st tee is across the street from the parking lot. It can be a little hard finding your way around as there are no "next tee" signs, but there should be plenty of people to point you in the right direction. I would say it will take you about 3 hours to complete all the holes. I would join you if the stupid work thing didn't get in the way. Have fun.

Quick trip report...

My wife and I didn't get into Santa Cruz until about midnight last night. Crashed hard after a long day that included the two and a half hour drive from the central valley to SanFran, then a round at Golden Gate Park. Then some sightseeing around areas of SF that we hadn't yet seen with a local friend. A couple drinks and some bar trivia with aforementioned friend and his friends, then the late night drive from SanFran to Santa Cruz.

Woke up early this morning to the sound of rain outside our hotel room. My heart sank. I'd been looking forward to playing DeLa since we arrived in Northern California earlier this year. This was most likely gonna be my last chance before my wife finishes up a year of travel nursing and we return home to Cincinnati. Checked the weather outlook and it said the early morning showers should clear up and the afternoon ought to be pretty nice. I'll take it.

After a light breakfast and a few minutes down at the lighthouse watching some surfers, we made the short drive up to the course. I made a quick stop at the ProShop and picked up a course logo mini for the collection. By this time, the sun seemed to be fighting it's way through the clouds. Things were looking up!

The round started a bit cloudy, then the sun finally fought through for good. Got a bit windy during the second half. I didn't play very well overall, first ten went pretty good, the next ten were mostly awful, then finished the final 8 kind of up and down. Had a good time regardless. Beautiful, yet demanding. My 47th new course this year. Needless to say, it'd been a great year! :thmbup:

Glad you got to play the best of CA. It's too bad you will be going back east. I know we got to play a couple of rounds through Shasta Series and PDGA. Have a safe trip back.

Latest posts