• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart Vs. Ridge Roller

Gmtata01

Eagle Member
1. I am currently debating my next Large Disc golf purchase within the next 6 months or so.
2. I currently have a Grip C15 which I use for quick rounds and a Pound OctoHaul for Tournament Play.
3. I have narrowed it down to two options the Delta 12 and the Ridge Roller. (I know the Delta 12 is not out yet)
4. Reason for purchase: I am looking for a cart to take on multiple day tournaments and hot/rainy weather. Not that the Pound bag is bad by any means, it has a lot of room and has amazing features, and Carts cant be used on every course due to terrain. I would just like another option and see what Carts are all about.
5. Also, I will be making this purchase in the next 6 months or so because I will need to save up the cash. So I am in no rush to buy.

I carry 18-22ish discs, plenty of water, snacks, disc retriever, towels, keys, phone,wallet, pencils/sharpie, scorecard, birdie 2 bags.

So Let me hear what the pros and cons are to each as well as if you have experience with both. Thanks for any input!!!!

Last edited:
Delta is a great cart, but I guess if you are looking for an option besides bringing your bag along with a Delta, the Ridge Roller is the way to go. They are just not the same and you can't take your "bag" off the delta for a cartless round. If it being a separate bag/cart that also combine, is NOT important to you, then look at the pros and cons of each ( Delta people love their carts, Ridge Roller people love theirs ).

Personally when I chose between the Zuca and the Delta I went with the Zuca because of the taller seat height and more storage. Took another look at the Deltas when the Ridge/Roller combo came out and chose the Ridge simply because I saw that it looked like a well designed and quality bag that I could take off my cart when needed, and that was my biggest criteria so...

But they both are great options for sure. Both are highly modifiable and excellent quality ( VS a lot of the issues the Zuca had )

I use the DD branded Zuca Backpack cart. Your Octothorpe should fit nicely in there. If you get to a course that isn't cart friendly just take out the bag and you're good to go. If you don't care about having a seat or you want another bag to have a seat the RR will do the same thing.

For me the backpack cart is the best of both worlds. I'm never stick without an option that best suits the course.