• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Denver! Help!

SomeChump

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'm leaving early tomorrow for Denver and Estes Park. Which are the premier (don't miss) courses? I'll probably play the Estes Park course, but I'm also looking at Carmenisch and Johnny Walker. Any other really good ones close by? Also, what's the best one close to the airport?

The Estes Park course is missing half the holes due to some construction. I believe by Johnny Walker you mean Johnny Roberts? Someone hosted a tournement the other weekend calling it that aswell. Anyways Johnny is a very fun short course outside denver. If your staying in or around denver you need to go to Conifer, CO Beaver Ranch. Its rated top 3 on the front page. Badlands, Red Rocks Community College, Expo park on the east side all are great fun courses. HOpe this helps

Bird's Nest and Westminster are also some really good courses near JR and Carchemish. I'd say Carchemish is the best out of those 4 though.

If you go to Beaver Ranch, then enjoy that beautiful course. Don't expect it to be perfect though. It could easily be the world's best course when it comes to elevation changes.

Johnny Roberts in Arvada is classic shorter style course, highly regarded by all who has played it. Bever Ranch/Confier is a dream of mine to play someday.

I've only played Johnny Roberts, but I really enjoyed it. Definitely an older course, but with lots of fun holes and a lot of challenge for it's length.

Just got the chance to play Beaver Ranch last month. It was great and worth the trip.