• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I have a 169 echo star destroyer and its flat and flippy and almost wraith-like. it doesn't handle the wind well.

I like it though because I can just bag that and drop my wraiths to simplify my molds/bag.

I also have a regular star 168g and a 175g thats from the most recent run. they are very beefy and have a lot of fade. you can shape lines well with them. plus beefy destroyers are great in the wind.

I usually throw in the 169-171 range also, did you get to compare your echo star to any others? I would like some less stable out of the box option than the AJ's. They are great but I have to work them in, so having some alternate backups would be nice while I'm breaking in my AJs.

^^ buy Destroyer and bend the hell out of it. Works wonders. (Bend the wing down)

Put the legacy outlaw against my destroyers today. Destroyer won this contest hands down. Outlaw is a fantastic piece of garbage. I will take a bad Vulcan top destroyer over the best outlaw any day.

Put the legacy outlaw against my destroyers today. Destroyer won this contest hands down. Outlaw is a fantastic piece of garbage. I will take a bad Vulcan top destroyer over the best outlaw any day.

I suppose you havent been throwing the good ones? The ones you have are too flippy or what?

Check the plh like I did when was shopping outlaws. Got the highest plh one and definitely can put that in the same category as my most overstable destros (not the pd2 top ones). Definitely a headwind fighter.

I raked it in Saturday. Made a local trade and got a SWIRLYYYYY, domey, stiff, PFN Star thrown 5 times. Got a good domey, stiff, pfn pro new, and a new Gstar Destroyer. It has literally the biggest dome I've ever seen. It's ridiculous. It absolutely bombs though!!!

Threw my personal best with the PF Star. It's a beefcake so it's only coming out in headwinds rn, but I threw it a solid 450, maybe 460 in a headwind. It was ridonculous.

I raked it in Saturday. Made a local trade and got a SWIRLYYYYY, domey, stiff, PFN Star thrown 5 times. Got a good domey, stiff, pfn pro new, and a new Gstar Destroyer. It has literally the biggest dome I've ever seen. It's ridiculous. It absolutely bombs though!!!

Threw my personal best with the PF Star. It's a beefcake so it's only coming out in headwinds rn, but I threw it a solid 450, maybe 460 in a headwind. It was ridonculous.

How does your domey G* compare to other Destroyers? I just got my first Destroyer, and it is a huge domed G*...was just wondering how that may compare.

How does your domey G* compare to other Destroyers? I just got my first Destroyer, and it is a huge domed G*...was just wondering how that may compare.

It all depends on your power, the guy I got it from said he didn't like it because it was so stable. When I throw it flat it slowly leaks right for the majority of the flight and comes back left at the end, to finish on a dead straight line tee to where it lands.
Shots like that are between 420 and 440.

In my experience, it's hard to compare destroyers because they are all different. I bag 5 and didn't have to do much as far as beating them in, etc to get 5 totally different flight paths.

If you don't like it, hmu. Seriously.

It all depends on your power, the guy I got it from said he didn't like it because it was so stable. When I throw it flat it slowly leaks right for the majority of the flight and comes back left at the end, to finish on a dead straight line tee to where it lands.
Shots like that are between 420 and 440.

In my experience, it's hard to compare destroyers because they are all different. I bag 5 and didn't have to do much as far as beating them in, etc to get 5 totally different flight paths.

If you don't like it, hmu. Seriously.

The variety of these things amazes me. Goal for this one is to be a step up in stability from my JL Tern.

If it doesn't work, I will let you know. It's a pretty one too, blue sparkle with a flag stamp.

The variety of these things amazes me. Goal for this one is to be a step up in stability from my JL Tern.

If it doesn't work, I will let you know. It's a pretty one too, blue sparkle with a flag stamp.

Destroyers are great, but for my money the Trespass has the same feel as the Tern, with a shallower comfortable rim configuration. It will be a step up in stability w/a lot lower chance of being a meathook.

i bet you'll be fine.

gstar destroyers are perfect distance drivers for people maxing out lower 400's imo. terns bomb too though. if you get a freak, it happens, but most all of the gstar destroyers i've seen are just nice, straight out of the box. they're just incredibly advanced friendly drivers. i wouldn't expect to see a higher tier open player using them, but for those of us who are good, not great, they're wonderful.

Yeah if you're looking to step up from a Tern that should be perfect.

Kodas right, they're probably not suitable for top level pros, but perfect for people around my power.

Chalk me up as another Tern thrower that has found a mid-dome g* Destroyer to be a great flier that is a notch up from the JL Tern in terms of stability. Now if I could just get my hands on a g* Destroyer in the low 160s instead of the high 160s.... I would be one happy camper.

Which Destroyer do you guys feel is (generally) the most overstable? I understand there are varieties even in the same production run but I haven't tried out all the plastic blends and I'm looking to get some backups. I'm especially interested in a distance driver that will fight the wind. Right now I'm thinking heavyweight Champ, Jolly Launcher, and star Destroyers are the ones that fit the bill.

Latest posts