• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

The new runs of echo destroyers are such garbage. The older runs were so good. Slightly stiff, domey, decent PLH. The best glidey hyzer discs ever. Good fade, no real turn, but not OS. Just that perfect neutral glidey destroyer.

^yeah I've been avoiding saying it, but if you're looking for a destroyer these current run echostar destroyers suck.

the ones I have (even in max weight) have similar PLH, and flight to normal champion Terns. - even brand new. :( :gross:

I'll take those flippy Echostars off your hands if you want.

e3419fd8a142e7ea184d1e582261e505.jpg

a181404ecfc3a7f58991ed2963b1ee3d.jpg

Blurple Blizz Destroyer marked 144g actually 145g.. Very nice thrower extremely happy with this purchase!

Took all my destroyers out of the bag today. Wraiths in. It was a bitter sweet day as I shot a personal best with the new bag.

I'm still hitting about 430 today in a flat field that we've marked off with a measuring wheel, they're just easier to throw for me. Less speed, same everything else. The rim is .1cm thinner, it feels thinner but realistically I think that's just a mental thing. Wraiths are just more consistent for me. I can get a brand new wraith and it'll have a little turn, but with fresh destroyers it takes a bit of beating in before I can get some turn.

Took all my destroyers out of the bag today. Wraiths in. It was a bitter sweet day as I shot a personal best with the new bag.

I'm still hitting about 430 today in a flat field that we've marked off with a measuring wheel, they're just easier to throw for me. Less speed, same everything else. The rim is .1cm thinner, it feels thinner but realistically I think that's just a mental thing. Wraiths are just more consistent for me. I can get a brand new wraith and it'll have a little turn, but with fresh destroyers it takes a bit of beating in before I can get some turn.

Nothing wrong with discing down. In fact, like you said for your score, it may be better for most people. My personal best score on my local course was with nothing more than a speed 8 fairway. And its not like you are doing this because you can't handle the speed of Destroyer.

Nah I pretty much figure I just don't have the arm/form for them right now. Wish I did though, but the Wraiths are working out awesomely. It could also very well be that I didn't take the time to build my bag with destroyers and actively seek out 5 or 6 discs in varying degrees of stable-ness like I have recently.

If you are hitting 400'+ you can definitely throw Destroyers, but, like you said, it takes some time to find the right ones. If you have Wraiths you like no reason not to throw them! Good shooting!

If you are hitting 400'+ you can definitely throw Destroyers, but, like you said, it takes some time to find the right ones. If you have Wraiths you like no reason not to throw them! Good shooting!

Lol, yeah. 430 with a wraith is good enough for a destroyer.

Maybe we should change the requirements. Don't move up to a destroyer until you can throw an aviar 400 feet.

Ok so you guys all know your Destroyers really well so maybe you can help me with the few I've been throwing. Basically just trying to get some info on the discs.

In the pic they are from top to bottom

168g Yellow Pro DS gummy nice big turns max d

171g Orange AJ *DS my favorite. Orange swirly true to the numbers. Would love to find more like this.(also to note it's AJ stamp is smaller then the others. Is this older or newer?)

175g Orange AJ *DS this one may be close to a Vulcan type wing but not as much. Maybe you guys can help. More stable then my other and not near as far

167g Red *DS flattest and most firm. Highest PLH and blunt nose and this thing is crazy OS. Like more then my firebirds. Even on turned over forehands it pops back hard and quick. Not sure what run this is.

Ok so you guys all know your Destroyers really well so maybe you can help me with the few I've been throwing. Basically just trying to get some info on the discs.

In the pic they are from top to bottom

168g Yellow Pro DS gummy nice big turns max d

171g Orange AJ *DS my favorite. Orange swirly true to the numbers. Would love to find more like this.(also to note it's AJ stamp is smaller then the others. Is this older or newer?)

175g Orange AJ *DS this one may be close to a Vulcan type wing but not as much. Maybe you guys can help. More stable then my other and not near as far

167g Red *DS flattest and most firm. Highest PLH and blunt nose and this thing is crazy OS. Like more then my firebirds. Even on turned over forehands it pops back hard and quick. Not sure what run this is.

In the second pic you must be talking about the "2-line" AJ sig vs. the "3-line". The 2-line are older. The third pic is what most people refer to as destrulcan-ish. The second pic looks closer to the current Wiggins DS mold but still in that same vein.

The fourth pic I'm guessing is a 3-line, I have one nearly identical. The new runs of McBeth DS are not quite this snub-nosed and do not have the same super high plh.

I keep one of pic four mold for super beef and one of pic 3 mold for turnovers and dead straight shots. The Wiggins I have that is similar to pic 2 is definitely OS but not nearly as much as my McBeths or pic four.

Wow, that red one is beastly. I have a super OS white recent run and I can guarantee just from that picture that your red one is way more OS.

In the second pic you must be talking about the "2-line" AJ sig vs. the "3-line". The 2-line are older. The third pic is what most people refer to as destrulcan-ish. The second pic looks closer to the current Wiggins DS mold but still in that same vein.

The fourth pic I'm guessing is a 3-line, I have one nearly identical. The new runs of McBeth DS are not quite this snub-nosed and do not have the same super high plh.

I keep one of pic four mold for super beef and one of pic 3 mold for turnovers and dead straight shots. The Wiggins I have that is similar to pic 2 is definitely OS but not nearly as much as my McBeths or pic four.

Well they all are the AJ 3 lines. The 2nd one just has the actual "Avery Jenkins" signature itself a lot smaller them the others.

The 2nd one that's close to the Wiggins is my favorite and has the most turn out of the 3 stars. More usable then the other Orange destrulcan-ish one which flies more OS and doesn't really seem to glide as much.

Last edited:
Wow, that red one is beastly. I have a super OS white recent run and I can guarantee just from that picture that your red one is way more OS.

Dude the red is stupid overstable. Flies similar to my enforcers I use to throw with maybe even a more dumpy fade. I don't even know what to do with this thing haha

Well they all are the AJ 3 lines. The 2nd one just has the actual "Avery Jenkins" signature itself a lot smaller them the others.

The 2nd one that's close to the Wiggins is my favorite and has the most turn out of the 3 stars. More usable then the other Orange destrulcan-ish one which flies more OS and doesn't really seem to glide as much.

I see. They did change the 3-line stamp at least once, my super OS has the smaller AJ sig. All of the DS I've had like pic 3 started out OS but beat in fairly quickly to be very shape-able. And I pretty much agree my Wiggins flies true to the numbers as far as HSS and fade. That really isn't my favorite DS mold, though. My favorite mold is the current McBeths I use to fill in between my destrulcan-ish and super OS.

I see. They did change the 3-line stamp at least once, my super OS has the smaller AJ sig. All of the DS I've had like pic 3 started out OS but beat in fairly quickly to be very shape-able. And I pretty much agree my Wiggins flies true to the numbers as far as HSS and fade. That really isn't my favorite DS mold, though. My favorite mold is the current McBeths I use to fill in between my destrulcan-ish and super OS.

Ok awesome thanks that's good to know! I will definitely have to try the PMs. I can barely get my fav DS out to 400 so I really can't handle the more OS ones. Also the few mcbeths I checked out in person all varried pretty greatly in mold. One had a wing just like pic 2 on mine but much flatter and stiff. Another a more rounded blunt wing that had moderate dome and super gummy star. All high 160-low 170s. So I'm not sure which one of those to try. Perhaps both....

I wonder if they'll be the Brinster bird's (beefy and delicious) version of normal star destroyers. .....

Latest posts