• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Those are going to be fun to watch on the Facebook auctions.

Was it only max weight?

It was 173-175 I believe so probably mostly max weight. There was only 1 weight option. There were about 450 in the initial release. I'm not sure how many in the restock.

I bought a 159g pink McBeth Destroyer yesterday -- it is probably the most overstable disc I've ever thrown. Thought it would be a bomber, but it appears it will need heavy duty seasoning...

(and I throw Giants, XXXs)

I bought a 159g pink McBeth Destroyer yesterday -- it is probably the most overstable disc I've ever thrown. Thought it would be a bomber, but it appears it will need heavy duty seasoning...

(and I throw Giants, XXXs)

Some newer Destroyers (star and champion) are absolute hogs. WAAYYY more overstable than I remember them from years ago.

My experience with recent Destroyers is that the max weights I've bought (namely the Grand Slams and Brinsters) are pretty standard Destroyers: snub-nosed, nice profiles, overstable but not unworkable. The lighter Stars I've bought (158 and 159 McBeths) are sharper and have a much higher, more concave wing which makes them uber overstable. It's like they're making them lighter by raising the lower wing piece of the mold. I think they're trying to compensate for the decreased stability due to lighter weight and decreased mass in the wing by having a higher wing that's more concave on the underside, and they're overcompensating and creating super beefcakes. It seems like they've been doing something similar to some of the Blizzards I've seen lately too.

I'm still trying to season one of them to see how it gets when it's worked in, but mine isn't there yet. I kind of gave up during the winter, but I'll start throwing it into trees again soon here to see if I can get it to anything like a sweet spot.

I've got a red, 170 McBeth with a little dome that goes about 200', then turns into a spike hyzer. Been throwing it in the backyard hoping it will eventually be usable. Maybe I should have went heavier but I usually throw lighter weights.

I've got a red, 170 McBeth with a little dome that goes about 200', then turns into a spike hyzer. Been throwing it in the backyard hoping it will eventually be usable. Maybe I should have went heavier but I usually throw lighter weights.

The sharper rim and higher, more concave wing (creating super OS Destroyers) could be universal in the production McBeth Destroyers, but I know it's not completely universal since the Brinsters I just bought don't have it and neither did the Grand Slams. I think it's just going to be something else to look for when you're looking through Destroyers at the store.

I was looking through my old 'For Sale' threads here on DGCR, and wondering how I could be so stupid. These are some of the discs I sold-

1st Run Destroyer - 6/10 - $22
*D (Pre-Avery) - 6.5/10 - $18
Avery S/DS - 6/10 - $12
*D (Tournament Stamp) 7/10 - $22
Asian Open S/DS - 10/10 - $35 for 2

And some others. Unbelievable, especially those twin S/DS.

How are the Paul McBeth Destroyers flying? True to the numbers? I was thinking of ordering one from infinite.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So, I've got a question for you Destroyer experts.

Glow Destroyers. Not ColorGlow, just standard Champ Glow... Is anyone throwing these? I got a Champ Glow Destroyer at from a Tourney last summer, but haven't thrown it because as I understand, they only make Champ Glow for CFR and special releases. I threw Destroyers long, long ago, but have not thrown them in quite a while and before scuffing up a disc that a little more to the rare side, I'd rather see if anyone could give some feedback. I would expect it to be a little more overstable, but I'm not looking for a super meathook.

For reference on a max strength pull:
S-PD - 380-400'
400 D2 - 400-420'

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I only have one glow destroyer and it's os but not a super meathook. I didn't think they were that rare though. pretty sure you can get one for a bit more than normal cost.

dgu will probably have glow champ destroyers in factory seconds for great prices.

I've only ever seen Color Glow outside of CFR stuff. Meh. Might as well give it a shot, not like I'm a bit collector anyway.

Well... I have WAY too many discs, but I'm not a wall hanger. ;)

Glow destroyers have no added value. They are common and relatively easy to find. I had a 169g club stamped one that was on the OS side of the spectrum but not the most stable destroyer I have thrown.

Ok I finally am understanding why people like the "good, OS" Destroyers. I thought they were only a bookend OS insane disc, but it turns out they do eventually beat in a bit. After 6+ months in the bag my gummy likely last run AJ that used to start to HSS=1 after 200' or so is now just dead solid straight until the fade. It's now flying like a beat in Firebird that has a solid wind fighting HSS, but waits until the end to have a solid fade, but with more glide and speed. It's certainly not my furthest driver, but it's now at least straight, or hyzer bombs, or even flex shots...whereas before it was only straight to skip or hyzer bombs farther than a Firebird but not any real distance. It's still utility OS for my forehand game though...can handle full power flex angles and not care since I don't FH as hard.

Maybe one day it will show turn if it is beat enough or I develop another 50' of power. But at least now I understand that people don't just use these as a utility disc.

PSA - new run is here. First noticed it with the McBeth Disc Golf Destroyers that I got and recently a retailer at a tournament had some in stock with his recent Innova order. Stiffer star plastic. Looks much glossier than any star in the recent past. Pretty OS but not meathooks. Similar to that stiff pop top run from 2013-ish. From what I've seen the upper 160s to low 170s are the most domey (as usual).

Stiffer star plastic. Looks much glossier than any star in the recent past.
Noticed this at the local Scheels last weekend. Definitely some better feeling and stiffer Star blends making it out of the factory.

I have two white 175g from the new run. Firm and glossy like you guys have said but pretty flat. The new run of Star on this run feel great though.