• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

This is what I've found with both PM *D that I have.. Both are almost useless to me. I can only get them out to about 275. I can get, Leopard, Diamond, Mystere, Tern, Escape all over 325 feet +, all way further than my mega beef destroyers. I need to find a patent or AJ to see what the Destroyer is really about. Mine have near zero glide. They are more like throwing aerodynamic rocks. lol

Let's not confuse the issue. When Koda said *D, he was talking about the original runs of Destroyers that were penned *D on the back (and had patent numbers). Are you saying you have actually found McBeth stamped Destroyers that are penned *D (rather than *DS) and have patent numbers? I'm not saying those COULDN'T exist, but they would be super rare and valuable if they did. I'm pretty sure that the Innova factory ran out of old stock patent numbers *D Destroyers quite a while ago though.

Now, most of the PM *DS Destroyers are also pretty beefy, but honestly most of the SDS patent numbers Destroyers I've thrown were just as beefy. There were quite a few runs from the *DS Avery era that were less stable though and those don't go for super high prices yet so I'd pick up a few of those if you want to try a less beefy run.

This is what I've found with both PM *D that I have.. Both are almost useless to me. I can only get them out to about 275. I can get, Leopard, Diamond, Mystere, Tern, Escape all over 325 feet +, all way further than my mega beef destroyers. I need to find a patent or AJ to see what the Destroyer is really about. Mine have near zero glide. They are more like throwing aerodynamic rocks. lol

Gstar Destroyer is probably a good bet. If you don't like Gstar for feel then perhaps Pro. If you want a more star/champ type plastic then try a Trespass.

Let's not confuse the issue. When Koda said *D, he was talking about the original runs of Destroyers that were penned *D on the back (and had patent numbers). Are you saying you have actually found McBeth stamped Destroyers that are penned *D (rather than *DS) and have patent numbers? I'm not saying those COULDN'T exist, but they would be super rare and valuable if they did. I'm pretty sure that the Innova factory ran out of old stock patent numbers *D Destroyers quite a while ago though.

Now, most of the PM *DS Destroyers are also pretty beefy, but honestly most of the SDS patent numbers Destroyers I've thrown were just as beefy. There were quite a few runs from the *DS Avery era that were less stable though and those don't go for super high prices yet so I'd pick up a few of those if you want to try a less beefy run.

Gotcha. mine are *DS

Anyone know how much a Vulcan topped destroyer is worth? Thinking about just throwing mine but not if its a lot of $$$

Back when they were running them, they were worth about -$5 (if someone found out what you were selling was a vulcan-topped one, they would pay you LESS for it than if it was "normal"). People absolutely hated those things as far as I could tell. Of course, back then, the stock run wasn't too overstable and the vulcan topped ones were even flippier. Now that the stock McBeths are quite overstable and there are people pining for the flippier Averies, maybe the Vulcan-topped Destroyers would be worth something. I kind of doubt it, but you never know.

Bought a 150g star PM destroyer.
Pretty beefy, has some turn and strong fade (~400f fh flat throw). Maybe 10% less os as my 175 AJ Destroyer.:thmbup:

Im wondering, if 175 PM Ds can replace my stiletto ?

I learned to *love the current echostar destroyers (marked E-DS) and saw that they were beating in so fast, a little too fast. Figured I could save some money and stress and buy some Innova Factory ones at $8.00 (also have some over water discs don't care if I lose you discs too).

But it looks like I got some older run Echostars Factory Seconds... marked E⭐️DS, which look to be potentially beefy (same high PLH of my beefy star bottom stamped), pop top/heartbeat shaped/ stiff star plastic like (even after sitting in 90ºF heat of my mailbox all day).

blue flippy: out of the box E-DS, Orange E⭐️DS
idPxp5Dl.jpg

blue flippy E-DS:
07mUE85l.jpg

Orange E⭐️DS
KaqFwLel.jpg

PLH of Beefy blue star bottom stamp ⭐️DS and orange E⭐️DS
md6kLN0l.jpg

hopefully these are what I expect and can be the overstable but quickly seasoned/but durable destroyer's i've been looking for in the past... But then again its not like these will be easy to find and already sold out :eek: from the factory store.

*I recently posted about how I learned to love, from a deep intense annoyance, the current echostar destroyers marked E-DS (which are star tern flippy out of the box).

The flippy destroyers ended up being helpful in the woods, massive turnover shotsusing hyzer flip to turnover (where I don't have the 330+ft sidearm to get to ), and longer distance tunnel shot sidearms using hyzerflip ect.

Ugh. Jealous. Those old run Orange echo stars were my business when they were production. Haven't seen any in quite a while... Like 3 or 4 years?

Ugh. Jealous. Those old run Orange echo stars were my business when they were production. Haven't seen any in quite a while... Like 3 or 4 years?

what can expect from these E⭐️DS I got?

Also unlike the last time I got some desirable factory second destroyers (those patent #'d SDS beefcakes, I'm going to hang on to these and not sell them early like a idiot.

what can expect from these E⭐️DS I got?

Also unlike the last time I got some desirable factory second destroyers (those patent #'d SDS beefcakes, I'm going to hang on to these and not sell them early like a idiot.

If they are the ones that I liked (and I'm reasonably certain they are) they are pretty similar to the last run of AJ's (the gStars as I called them) in a much nicer star blend. Lots of glide, not overly beefy but a good neutral straight to fade line out of the box. They break in quite a bit slower then then the gStar AJ's. I liked them for big sweeping hyzer shots that glide left instead of spiking down.

If they are the ones that I liked (and I'm reasonably certain they are) they are pretty similar to the last run of AJ's (the gStars as I called them) in a much nicer star blend. Lots of glide, not overly beefy but a good neutral straight to fade line out of the box. They break in quite a bit slower then then the gStar AJ's. I liked them for big sweeping hyzer shots that glide left instead of spiking down.

I may have some still sitting in a box somewhere. I bought several when they came out (if I recall correctly, they were the first echo run after the "Vulcan" topped ones were done. I was all excited when I saw them. Unfortunately they didn't fly quite like the pop top ones from ~2009 that I liked so I put them away.

Yeah these are exactly as you described. Flew as OS as brand new gummy domey AJ Destroyers, actually stiffer too.

Man I wish I bought like 15 of these and cycled them, and be done with finding destroyers for the next 5 years. They were the only $8 each.

Almost lost my perfectly seasoned 2008 *D today. I'm screwed when that actually happens, right?

What can I do?

Almost lost my perfectly seasoned 2008 *D today. I'm screwed when that actually happens, right?

What can I do?

there's a bunch up on facebook pages right now. some seller has like 8 *D (seasoned). he's willing to let go at around $30 per disc.

One of my *D is pretty straight with very minimal fade

But another will flip to flat but still has a decent fade.

What's going on?

One of my *D is pretty straight with very minimal fade

But another will flip to flat but still has a decent fade.

What's going on?

Try some more, you might find one that is good for rollers and another that will hold a hyzer through a hurricane.

I've only got three. I'm too cheap to get any more.

I'm just meaning there is tons of variation, or is it weird that your one with a little turn still has more fade? That can definitely happen, especially if you beat the fade out of the other one (that was more stable) but the one with turn/fade was like that from the start.

I have a PFN Star Destroyer. I cant tell if its *d or *ds because its faded. Has ink and a few nicks. Probably about 6/10. What is it worth?

Latest posts