• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Discgolfcenter.com apparently hasn't gotten the McBeth Star Destroyers back in stock again yet following the Destroyer market crash(explosion?) of 11/31/18, but their stated price for this commodity has gone from $13.99 to $15.99. We may be seeing the beginning of an inflationary trend.

They can still be found cheaper. I'm looking at one on eBay, brand new, $15 shipped.

Obviously you always have the option to overpay, but I think the floor of the market will remain static at least into spring of 2019. (If you know where to look.) Eventually when the current "stock" sells out at most non-collector stores, then they will be truly OOP and the base prices will rise.

Speaking of Pro Destroyers how do they mold up generally? I think Rocs are the only mold I've really seen/felt/thrown in Pro plastic. I was just wondering in drivers will Pro end up with similar issues as DX runs? I have some DX teebirds that really are Teebirds, same PLH and wing shape and I have had some DX teebirds that were not Teebirds at all, they were super domey with super super low PLH and flew like a 150g leopard. I have a 175g DX destroyer that is in line with that. It is so domey and low PLH and is measurably smaller diameter compared to a Star.

Do drivers in Pro plastic suffer from that same kind of molding issues like a DX run? I've been considering picking up a Pro destro but don't want to buy online if it going to be a coin flip if it is throwable.

I know people rip on McBeth Destroyers at times as being horribly inconsistent. However, I think over time they'll go down as a fairly decent run. I've thrown good ones and bad ones. The price will eventually start rising on McBeth Destroyers too. It'll just take a while. There has to be a serious glut of them on the market right now.

Now Innova will have to find another well known pro to put their name on the Destroyer. I almost wonder if star Destroyer sales will dip noticeably once McBeth starts coming out with his own Discraft models. I'm thinking Force sales may suddenly shoot up.

I know people rip on McBeth Destroyers at times as being horribly inconsistent. However, I think over time they'll go down as a fairly decent run. I've thrown good ones and bad ones. The price will eventually start rising on McBeth Destroyers too. It'll just take a while. There has to be a serious glut of them on the market right now.

Now Innova will have to find another well known pro to put their name on the Destroyer. I almost wonder if star Destroyer sales will dip noticeably once McBeth starts coming out with his own Discraft models. I'm thinking Force sales may suddenly shoot up.

Once Wysocki's sig goes on the Destroyers...hello Destroyer Fever

this has already been posted but apparently there's a new run of echostar destroyers.

EchoAF.jpg

i don't know when/if they will be a normal production run, but there have been re-stocks of it at Disc Golf Values (and are available now).

I had a love hate romantic comedy relationship with echostar destroyers. i hated how understable the latest batch was out of the box but then realized that uber flippy hyzerflip to turnover destroyers (which the latest run of echostar destroyers became within months) are useful to fill in those roller/trick shot slots that are normally reserved for sidewinders/roadrunners.

when I decided that I might just permanently cycle echostar destroyers (because they were so cheap/available) they became OOP. :(

hopefully there's a return of echostar plastic to regular production runs.

They must be periodically restocking, I just grabbed a couple.

Speaking of Pro Destroyers how do they mold up generally? I think Rocs are the only mold I've really seen/felt/thrown in Pro plastic. I was just wondering in drivers will Pro end up with similar issues as DX runs? I have some DX teebirds that really are Teebirds, same PLH and wing shape and I have had some DX teebirds that were not Teebirds at all, they were super domey with super super low PLH and flew like a 150g leopard. I have a 175g DX destroyer that is in line with that. It is so domey and low PLH and is measurably smaller diameter compared to a Star.

Do drivers in Pro plastic suffer from that same kind of molding issues like a DX run? I've been considering picking up a Pro destro but don't want to buy online if it going to be a coin flip if it is throwable.

Know you asked awhile ago but don't see it answered.

Pro is the red on the left. Completely different discs. I actually enjoy throwing the Pro but you wouldn't if expecting a Destroyer. Flies like a slightly longer and maybe a touch more flippy than my z flx Heat if that provides any reference point.

Attachments

• 20181206_151620.jpg
    20181206_151620.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 84
I just ordered 2 160g star Destroyers. I'm hoping for high PLH for overstability. I'm also hoping they're perfect for 400' pure hyzers. If they perform well for me I'll be pushing Wraiths out of the bag in time (they don't start as overstable as they used to).

Anybody else very disappointed in the new destroyer stamp. I have nothing against Ricky but that stamp is hideous.

I kind of like it, but I agree that it's not super clean. I'll probably keep buying the 4x ones while I can, but may try one eventually.

Couldn't care less about the stamp. What stamp has ever made a disc fly any better?

Not to derail the stamp discussion, lol, but I assume you've thrown lightweight star destroyers. Do they have the same variances as the heavyweights? I'd assume yes and I'm hoping for high PLH.

Not to derail the stamp discussion, lol, but I assume you've thrown lightweight star destroyers. Do they have the same variances as the heavyweights? I'd assume yes and I'm hoping for high PLH.

Yes, I've thrown some very lightweight Destroyers, and yes they have variances, too. Just like with any other mold or disc, you just have to eyeball 'em to find the PLH you want.

BTW: my favorite Destroyer is a low 160-class Pro Destroyer that I throw into headwinds with good results.

I have thrown lots of light weight Star Destroyers.

It is my experience that very few of the super light weights (less than 150 gms) have higher parting lines. Probably around 158-159 gms is where the probability of getting them with higher parting lines increases, but I don't know how you could know the difference before actually holding them. The two 160 gm ones that you just ordered may be what you want. You will soon find out.

Because I am crazy, I often purchase a large assortment of Destroyers. And, when I find some that are to my liking, I immediately order more of that exact same weight, color and stamp. But, there is a good deal of trial and error involved before finding nice ones.