• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I have a 171 and it is blizzard and straight winged. There are still some non-blizzard, concave rimmed beefier versions out there as well.

My 171 straight wing is a bomber. Flips a bit and glides far.

To answer one's question, some people would want these to help identify less stable destroyers to fill a slot in a cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! This is exactly it. I have bunch of beefier (or "typical") ones also but they are for different type of shots. These blizzardy rims should be the max distance discs in calm conditions. Not going to challenge head wind with those!

Yes! This is exactly it. I have bunch of beefier (or "typical") ones also but they are for different type of shots. These blizzardy rims should be the max distance discs in calm conditions. Not going to challenge head wind with those!

Really want the headwind version get the Champion as long as it is not the true Blizzard Champion Destroyer, bubbles deep inside the rim are fine or the straight winged as the straight winged Destroyer as that is somehow more OS at end of flight but more US during rest of flight. At least how I have seen some of the old Straight winged Champion Destroyers fly.

Been out of the Destroyer game for a while. Are the new Raptor D's any different than the Mcbeths that have been out the past year?

With Star D's, are the ones with dome typically beefier than flat ones (plh aside)?

With Star D's, are the ones with dome typically beefier than flat ones (plh aside)?

Lately the beefy ones had dome. However, I've had flat ones that were crazy OS before and domey ones that were turnovers out of the box. You never know how the next run will cool/shape up. PLH is still the most reliable way to tell how stable they will be.

Hadn't seen this posted yet and thought you would find it informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATdgZfZpxZQ

Different mold pieces for the underside of the disc probably indicates that there are multiple underside wing molds also, but it is not definitive proof of this.

In the video, Doth does not address the Ricky Wysocki Star Destroyers with the MADE in USA Tooling. He needs to get some Wysocki Destroyers less than 170 g to see this.

Different mold pieces for the underside of the disc probably indicates that there are multiple underside wing molds also, but it is not definitive proof of this.

In the video, Doth does not address the Ricky Wysocki Star Destroyers with the MADE in USA Tooling. He needs to get some Wysocki Destroyers less than 170 g to see this.

If this is correct, my max weight Ricky (non-made in the USA) Destroyer is the same mold as my 2 line AJ Destroyer. They have identical grind marks and are the only one with 3 grind marks. The rest have the same 4 marks aside from the new "made in the USA" destroyers, which have no grind markings. Interesting.

Weird thought, and unlikely, but I wonder if discs from each mold are more likely to end up in one geographical area than the other? Maybe discs from one mold tend to be sold through Innova East or West.

Is there or was there ever such a thing as a Destroyer-L? That would be a good one for something I'd like to see one day....

Is there or was there ever such a thing as a Destroyer-L? That would be a good one for something I'd like to see one day....

Closest you'd get to this would probably be a Teedevil. The Teedevil seemed to be a hair flippier than a Destroyer. Same speed and glide. I think the Teedevil is -2 high speed turn.

If you want a flippier Destroyer I'd just get a G* Destroyer. They turn over more than regular stars or champions.

Closest you'd get to this would probably be a Teedevil. The Teedevil seemed to be a hair flippier than a Destroyer. Same speed and glide. I think the Teedevil is -2 high speed turn.

If you want a flippier Destroyer I'd just get a G* Destroyer. They turn over more than regular stars or champions.

I have a couple of Teedevils (found one of them). They're okay discs, but have those 'destrulcan' tops that are pretty unloved.

And don't you know that I don't like GStar at all?

I do have a lightweight Pro Destroyer that does well for me in the wind. And I have a DX Destroyer that also does pretty well for me. I avoid McBeth Destroyers... my wrist starts feeling twisted the moment I pick one up in my hand...

I was asking about the Destroyer-L out of curiosity if that had ever been tried..

I have a couple of Teedevils (found one of them). They're okay discs, but have those 'destrulcan' tops that are pretty unloved.

And don't you know that I don't like GStar at all?

I do have a lightweight Pro Destroyer that does well for me in the wind. And I have a DX Destroyer that also does pretty well for me. I avoid McBeth Destroyers... my wrist starts feeling twisted the moment I pick one up in my hand...

I was asking about the Destroyer-L out of curiosity if that had ever been tried..

I'd say the Ricky Destroyers (the flat winged ones) are the closest to a Destroyer-L that has ever been produced, except the TeeDevil, and maybe the Scorpius might count, if your comparing against the early McBeth BEEFCAKES.

I'd say the Ricky Destroyers (the flat winged ones) are the closest to a Destroyer-L that has ever been produced, except the TeeDevil, and maybe the Scorpius might count, if your comparing against the early McBeth BEEFCAKES.

That was the impression I got from the recent videos showing the Wysocki Destroyer, that they were L-wing-'ish'.

And like the Pro Starfire is the Starfire-L (SL), it'd be fun if they made some Destroyer-Ls in Pro plastic... :popcorn:

That was the impression I got from the recent videos showing the Wysocki Destroyer, that they were L-wing-'ish'.

And like the Pro Starfire is the Starfire-L (SL), it'd be fun if they made some Destroyer-Ls in Pro plastic... :popcorn:

They probably exist. My GStars are, and the DX that I've seen all have been really close to flat, if not slightly convex. My last Pro DS was as close to a numbers flying DS as you can get, and refused to beat in (in hindsight, it reminded me of my I-Blend Sphinx).

There are plenty of straight-winged Destroyers out there (L-wing if you will). GStars are mostly like that (although not all). I've seen Pros that were like that too (although they don't seem as consistent as GStars). I'd had several lighter Stars (low to mid 160's) like that. The first run of Philo Swirly Star Destroyers all had straight wings although the more recent Philos seem to be mostly concave. I think they even called out that the first run of Philos had been made to be slightly less stable for him if memory serves. They were all in the upper 160's too.

I don't think Innova has ever called anything a "Destroyer-L" though. The closest they've come to acknowledging the variant that I can recall is that description of the first run Philos.

There are plenty of straight-winged Destroyers out there (L-wing if you will). GStars are mostly like that (although not all). I've seen Pros that were like that too (although they don't seem as consistent as GStars). I'd had several lighter Stars (low to mid 160's) like that. The first run of Philo Swirly Star Destroyers all had straight wings although the more recent Philos seem to be mostly concave. I think they even called out that the first run of Philos had been made to be slightly less stable for him if memory serves. They were all in the upper 160's too.

I don't think Innova has ever called anything a "Destroyer-L" though. The closest they've come to acknowledging the variant that I can recall is that description of the first run Philos.

Agreed on the Philos. I have 2 swirly 2017s and one 2018. The 2017s are straight winged, ~167g. They fly great, just a tick OS from neutral for me. The 2018 is convex and is an absolute meathook. I do have an ace on it though :D . I'd love to see some more Philos this year in the same vein as those 2017s.

I also agree that I don't think they're separate mold pieces, rather just cooling variations in different plastic blends.

Latest posts